same runners as above
$48 for $1

R3 p-3

3: 1,2,3,9
4: 1,4,7
5: 1
$12 for $1

R5:
#1, Close By (ML 8-1) to win. Got shuffled a bit and steadied at the 1/8 pole stepping up to a straight n2x but he had no chance anyway as the pace was slow and the front held up. Still, he passed 3 horses in the final 1/4 and closed up in under 24 seconds. His win in his prior race was strong and came off a trip he is going to get in here today. The horse that ran 3rd that day, Unbridled Music, came back to blow away his next n1x field in a wide last-to-first run and he ran a strong 4th a few days ago losing by 3/4 in a good n2x race. Today Close By lays 3rd or 4th and will be ahead of the two favorites -- Mystery Prospect and Starlight Serenade -- turning for home. Aguilar for Elvis who is serving days. Two works since last race. My best of the week.

R8-9:

dd: 5,8 / 3,8

First half looks chalky but solid as Annabill and Steady Slew both ran winning races vs better. I can't see the kind of pace Imelda Oh got in her slowish win in her last.

The 9th will have the 4 and 5 bet way down and I'll take a shot with #3 Palm Bay (ML 20-1) who ships in from Del. Shippers are always dangerous in the bottom Calder MCLs and she did show speed for the first time in her last start. Two decent works in the past 10 days at Calder. Also using #8, Straightenup Fly Rt (ML 12-1) who passed half the field in her return off a layoff and she showed better pace with far better horses at Tampa.

Special note Race 4
Danny Scocca sighting, as he rides back for O'Connell on the drop. 5/2 ML no bargain but you got to love Dante.

good luck