whobet
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
And hit Grasshopper,

anyone else see that.

Anyone know where you can see the head on reply,

I can't find it.

Scav
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
No, other way around. Grasshopper was trying to bore out and couldn't. SS was trying to duck to the rail but Borel kept him somewhat straight.

whobet
08-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Nope, Borel, hit him on the right,

and he kept boring in,

and then they hit,

I watched it 4 times

Scav
08-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Nope, Borel, hit him on the right,

and he kept boring in,

and then they hit,

I watched it 4 times

Then why ask the question if you know the answer?

Scav
08-25-2007, 09:40 PM
The contact was caused by Hopper drifting out, SS was lugging in but maybe a 1/4 of a path.

My guess is that Hopper is done for the year and is getting ready for a monster 4 year old campaign out West. A perfect Strub Series horse.

TitanSooner
08-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California I Hate California

Scav
08-26-2007, 12:21 AM
For some reason I remember Howard having a strong presence in the West, I confuse him with Drysdale, McAnually and one other all the time. I have no idea why

TitanSooner
08-26-2007, 11:13 AM
No, but when is the last time the Strub Series meant anything? Honestly. Try and discuss things intelligently, it really helps move things along.
here, intelligently..

Why would you say the doesn't the Strub series mean anything?

The Malibu is a 7f Grade1 that regularly draws full, competitive fields..

what doesn't it mean?? it's a grade 1?

awaiting another biased response...

brianwspencer
08-26-2007, 11:52 AM
No, but when is the last time the Strub Series meant anything? Honestly. Try and discuss things intelligently, it really helps move things along.

Didn't Rock Hard Ten do well in that series?

But then again, I'm not sure that warrants declaring that it "means anything."

Oh well.

brianwspencer
08-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Nice try Brian, but you are going to have to keep trying to get me. Rock Hard Ten did do well, in 2 of the 3 races in the series. He skipped the middle leg. Which was my point. The series itself is what has lost it's luster, not the individual races. The Strub Series consists of The Malibu, The San Fernando and The Strub Stakes. In years past it was more important than now, and horses ran in all 3 legs as a series.

Anything you'd like to add?

Yes, actually.

Stop being an as$hole, D.

Let's recap what I said. Rock Hard Ten did well in the series. Statement of fact, observation even. Then a followup of that fact that Rock Hard Ten performing well in that series didn't exactly make it a series that meant anything.

So long story short, agreeing with you.

Jesus, disagree with you once, and all the sudden every ****ing word out of my mouth will be interpreted as a dig?

Settle down there bucko.

brianwspencer
08-26-2007, 12:43 PM
It just seems that you are going out of your way to disagree with me, because of the Morty thing. And I am quite calm, thank you.

I said the series itself isn't as important and evidence of this is that horses do not show up to all 3 legs anymore. You kind of disagreed by mentioning RH10, although you just proved my point, because he, like I said only ran in 2 of 3. Again, seems like you are going out of your way to try and one up me, for disagreeing with your Robin Hood crusade last week.

See, you're taking it personally and interpreting a disagreement as holding a grudge. I think you're wrong on Morty, and you think I'm wrong on Morty. Jamie once told me I was wrong about Morty too, and I didn't hold it against her outside of that specific subject.

My opinion of Morty, however, does not influence my opinion of Polytrack, the Strub series (which we agreed on to begin with, so if you think I'm disagreeing with you or trying to one up you, you certainly picked the wrong thread to bust out that hypothesis), Student Council, or anything else racing related.

If you want to keep taking it personally when I don't agree with you (or, apparently, even when I do) that's your prerogative, but I've got no grudge. I really couldn't care less that you think I overreacted about Morty -- it doesn't change how I talk to you about racing. If the Morty conversation makes you want to turn every interaction we have on this forum into some stupid pissing contest, that's fine with me, but I'd rather not have that. Your call.

Coach Pants
08-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Again, seems like you are going out of your way to try and one up me, for disagreeing with your Robin Hood crusade last week.
What thread?

brianwspencer
08-26-2007, 12:52 PM
It's not a pissing contest at all. It just seems you are trying to make it one. If I'm wrong, my bad. But that's what it seems like to me.

D, outside of Morty, I've disagreed with you (in my best recollection) a grand total of one time in the last....as long as I can remember.

I didn't know Polytrack discussions were taken so personally around here.