PDA

View Full Version : Late change - Toga Bound Tomorrow

XIIPointStables
08-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Going up for a quick day drip tomorrow - any DTers up there Thursday?

SniperSB23
08-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Going up for a quick day drip tomorrow - any DTers up there Thursday?

I'll be there.

XIIPointStables
08-16-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm gonna try and sneak over to the Carolina BBQ for lunch - is that where the DT crowd will be?

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-16-2007, 05:35 AM
Told Steve I'll be stopping by sometime in the afternoon.

SniperSB23
08-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm gonna try and sneak over to the Carolina BBQ for lunch - is that where the DT crowd will be?

Yup, that's the hot spot.

BillW
08-16-2007, 08:34 AM
A group of us (hybrid paceadvantage, DT, cmorioles' site (pacefigures)) are hanging around the Festival tent - tables 1,2 and 11. Stop over and say hi.

ateamstupid
08-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Told Steve I'll be stopping by sometime in the afternoon.

Glad I'm not the only one here who appreciated Scooter. See you later today.

Bigsmc
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM

Before I heard Scooter died (and read your sig) the first thing that popped into my head when I saw one of your posts is why does Joey have an avatar of Allen Ludden? (You're young, ask Byk who he is)

XIIPointStables
08-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I got so caught up in the day I never stopped over.

We were there to celebrate the life of Alice Shea, who passed away earlier this year. She was a great woman who loved Saratoga, King's Tavern, poker and spending time with her family and friends at the Spa.

The weather was great, the filly broke the track record in the "Alice Shea Memorial" and a small group us turned a nice profit late in the 7th, 8th and 9th with group place, show and finally a win wager on the one to end it and cap off the day strong! Tim Richey was DUE!

I'll be there all next week - Wed thru Sunday - and hopefully will get to meet what seems to be a great, great group of racing fans.

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Growing up a Yankee fan and Italian it was hard not to love the Scooter, he knew the game and loved to talk about. His style was his own and had a flair that most of today's broadcasters lack. I'll miss him. :(