PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach

pmacdaddy
08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Heading to Myrtle Beach with the Fam next week. Coming home next Sat just in time for the next Sumwon race (hopefully).

I believe there is no OTB in South Carolina. By chance, does anyone know of any good spots there with TVG. A vacation is not a vacation without playing some Saratoga...

Otherwise I will start my routine of stopping in every bar and asking "do you have TVG"?

We are staying in Norty Myrtle.

Thanks

phystech
08-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I'll be in Ocean Isle Beach at a condo I own beginning Wed, for 2 weeks. So, we'll be about 15 miles north of you....

Definitely no OTB's in Myrtle. I think having/building a track there, or just across the border in Brunswick County, NC, would absolutely kill. I did find a quarter horse track about 5 miles north of the SC/NC border about 5 years ago. Masqueraded as a riding school/boarding facitlity but they held races every other Saturday. While you couldn't "bet" the races, you could "lease" a horse for a race. They would auction off the lease prior to post time with highest bidder "owning" a horse for that race. Winning "owner" picked up the losers lease payments as their winnings. It was a lot of fun until the feds shut 'em down....

Good luck finding a place with TVG.....

pmacdaddy
08-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I'll be in Ocean Isle Beach at a condo I own beginning Wed, for 2 weeks. So, we'll be about 15 miles north of you....

Definitely no OTB's in Myrtle. I think having/building a track there, or just across the border in Brunswick County, NC, would absolutely kill. I did find a quarter horse track about 5 miles north of the SC/NC border about 5 years ago. Masqueraded as a riding school/boarding facitlity but they held races every other Saturday. While you couldn't "bet" the races, you could "lease" a horse for a race. They would auction off the lease prior to post time with highest bidder "owning" a horse for that race. Winning "owner" picked up the losers lease payments as their winnings. It was a lot of fun until the feds shut 'em down....

Good luck finding a place with TVG.....

Yeah, I guess the question will be "do you have satellite TV"? If I say TVG, I have a feeling I will get a big, HUH.....

I know there is a Hooters and a Bar/Resteraunt called Thoroughbreds. Guess I will start there.

2 Dollar Bill
08-13-2007, 04:36 PM
:p Heading to Myrtle Beach with the Fam next week. Coming home next Sat just in time for the next Sumwon race (hopefully).

I believe there is no OTB in South Carolina. By chance, does anyone know of any good spots there with TVG. A vacation is not a vacation without playing some Saratoga...

Otherwise I will start my routine of stopping in every bar and asking "do you have TVG"?

We are staying in Norty Myrtle.

Thanks

Myrle Beach in August ?........ I think you need to go in May for Bike week !

GPK
08-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah that's a great time to go with your family.

I would have a hard time going to Myrtle Beach anytime of the year. I would be hard pressed to go there even if someone had a gun to my head.

Scav
08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I would have a hard time going to Myrtle Beach anytime of the year. I would be hard pressed to go there even if someone had a gun to my head.

why, I have been there and it was awesome. Stop being salty at the world because EC is squeezed dry

GPK
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
why, I have been there and it was awesome. Stop being salty at the world because EC is squeezed dry

tackiest damn place on the east coast. My idea of the beach isn't 20 story high rise condo bullsh*t places right on the ocean. I used to go there 4-5 times a year and play golf tournaments..that place sucks.

Imma put my foot in your ass sideways...I hope you realize that.

GPK
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
There is a VERY tacky side to myrtle Beach, I agree with Kev on that. However there are also very nice places just outside the main drag which is where I like to go. There are also really beautiful little towns outside of Myrtle Beach, close enough to the water. I love it down there. I have a thing for southern ladies anyway. It's the accent, or the fact they have Sonic in South Carolina and not in New York.

Jay...you need to get to the Outer Banks where I used to live. That place is unreal. Blows Myrtle Beach away.

GPK
08-14-2007, 06:32 AM
I have to admit though...I do enjoy the southern end of Myrtle Beach..down near Pawley's Island. It is beautiful down there, or at least it was the last time I was there.

Bigsmc
08-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Jay...you need to get to the Outer Banks where I used to live. That place is unreal. Blows Myrtle Beach away.

....and put a bullseye on your asz for every hurricane coming down the pike....