PDA

View Full Version : What's next Chuck??

TheSpyder
08-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Read conflicting reports...what's next for Sumwon?

Thanks,

Scott

Kasept
08-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Sunday, August 26th, 7f Starter Allowance... Listed as a substitute race currently but would seem likely to fill well based on the 6f version that went this week..

Cannon Shell
08-11-2007, 11:09 AM
What Steve said is the plan. Afterwards we will probably take her home to KY and give her a little break. She came out of the race so well and the race fits perfectly so we decided to delay her vacation for another few weeks.
CS

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-11-2007, 12:33 PM
What Steve said is the plan. Afterwards we will probably take her home to KY and give her a little break. She came out of the race so well and the race fits perfectly so we decided to delay her vacation for another few weeks.
CS

Looks like I'll be moving my stepdaughter to Hyde Park on Monday instead of Sunday! ;)
She won't be a happy camper, but she's young and she'll get over it. :D

2 Dollar Bill
08-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the update Chuck... Hope the 7f fits her style.. Thanks for the great work you and your crew are doing with her !!

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the update Chuck... Hope the 7f fits her style.. Thanks for the great work you and your crew are doing with her !!

2DB, missed you last Sunday :( asked Steve later in afternoon and he said he didn't see you...did wanted to meet ya!

otisotisotis
08-11-2007, 05:17 PM
thanks for the update fellas. i think this is a very nice spot for her, and with it being her last start of the year, really, what is there to lose?

Riot
08-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Great news Steve and Chuck. Ohmygawd, I only have 15 days to get all worked up and excited again! Sounds like a great spot.

TheSpyder
08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Want to book flight but need some idea how soon. Any thoughts?

Spyder

Bigsmc
08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Want to book flight but need some idea how soon. Any thoughts?

Spyder

Two days before the race AND one of the original races in the condition book needs to not fill so the "substitute race" SWLY is entering can make it in.

TheSpyder
08-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks Bigs!

pmacdaddy
08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Two days before the race AND one of the original races in the condition book needs to not fill so the "substitute race" SWLY is entering can make it in.

You gonna make it if she goes?

Danzig
08-12-2007, 03:57 PM
ok, so how do they decide what races go? other than if a race just plain doesn't fill. if a sub races gets ten entries, and another gets...say, five--do they go with the one with more entries?

Bigsmc
08-12-2007, 04:18 PM
ok, so how do they decide what races go? other than if a race just plain doesn't fill. if a sub races gets ten entries, and another gets...say, five--do they go with the one with more entries?

That's a Chuck question.

Bigsmc
08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
You gonna make it if she goes?

Because there is no guarantee the race gets in, probably not. I checked on flights, nothing leaving Sun. night to come back so I'd have to take Monday off and I just had two weeks off. If the race was Saturday, I'd be there.

I'll make the Fairgrounds this winter though. Nothing like the ponies by day and French Quarter by night....

pmacdaddy
08-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Because there is no guarantee the race gets in, probably not. I checked on flights, nothing leaving Sun. night to come back so I'd have to take Monday off and I just had two weeks off. If the race was Saturday, I'd be there.

I'll make the Fairgrounds this winter though. Nothing like the ponies by day and French Quarter by night....

That's what I'm talkin' about...

Cannon Shell
08-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Flip a coin?

SniperSB23
08-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Flip a coin?

Hopefully they base it on which field draws more visitors to their barn each day.

Danzig
08-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Flip a coin?

well, the race you're looking at is the first sub race, so does that mean it's the first to be a race if one doesn't fill?

of course flipping a coin was what the Browns did to pick starting QB last night, so i guess it's not unheard of in the world of sports!

Danzig
08-12-2007, 05:24 PM

i must be getting old, tony and i went down a few months ago to see SWLY, and couldn't get out of the quarter fast enough. smelt like a porta potty. that had been baking in the sun for about six months or so...
as cleveland would say, oh that's naaaasty.

Bigsmc
08-13-2007, 11:32 AM
i must be getting old, tony and i went down a few months ago to see SWLY, and couldn't get out of the quarter fast enough. smelt like a porta potty. that had been baking in the sun for about six months or so...
as cleveland would say, oh that's naaaasty.

I'm getting old too....but not too old for a night or two in The Quarter....great food....great music....great booze....smell? not so good....

ddthetide
08-15-2007, 05:50 AM
CS

how long of are break are we looking at? thanksgiving, christmas, new years?
tring to get an idea of how to schedule the rest of my vacation time.

Spiggle24
08-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Don't worry about vacation time(cough cough) it is after all the cold & flu season in the mid-atlantic & northeast that time of year.lol

Danzig
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM

well, hope you can come south--i'm planning to drive down there when she runs! too close not to go.

ddthetide
08-15-2007, 09:26 PM
well, hope you can come south--i'm planning to drive down there when she runs! too close not to go.

i still have about 2 1/2 weeks for this year. i don't to waste it in case she runs between aug 26 and the end of the year. we used to carry time acrossed the new year but can't anymore.
we'll make NOLA, probably try to make it a week long trip.

Cannon Shell
08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
i still have about 2 1/2 weeks for this year. i don't to waste it in case she runs between aug 26 and the end of the year. we used to carry time acrossed the new year but can't anymore.
we'll make NOLA, probably try to make it a week long trip.
I have had 2 1/2 weeks over the last 7 years

ddthetide
08-15-2007, 10:17 PM

after 20 years with the City i have 28 days vacation and can carry as much as 80 hrs comp time and i use EVERY hour of it to get away from that Nut-house !
trust me after a couple days with me and you'd beg to see the horses!

Riot
08-16-2007, 12:05 AM

But not without daily cell phone contact, I'll bet;)

golfer
08-16-2007, 04:47 AM

Chuck, the solution to your problem is simple, just get yourself one of those Dutrow, Assmussen, Pletcher... suspensions..pardon me, I mean vacations:)

Spiggle24
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know if the race looks for sure it's going to fill.I like our rider prospect & hopefully we'll go.I think Ramon is good on the front end & the cutback should be right in the wheelhouse.Giddy up:D

Danzig
08-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know if the race looks for sure it's going to fill.I like our rider prospect & hopefully we'll go.I think Ramon is good on the front end & the cutback should be right in the wheelhouse.Giddy up:D

i'd imagine it won't be definite til entries are drawn.

patience, grasshopper.

southerndutch
08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Dominguez sounds good but I hope we don't see any of those Preakness windmills.

Spiggle24
08-18-2007, 09:04 AM
I think he learned a lesson that day.No horse should be struck that violently,now he just get's a better whipping motion as if he watched himself on film & learned.I think all jocks should watch films just like ballplayers do especially when they put in a bad or subpar ride.:rolleyes:

Benny Leger
08-18-2007, 09:36 PM

Neither does Sumwon. That'll wake you in the morning.

Unstable
08-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Neither does Sumwon. That'll wake you in the morning.
But that'll shut you down in the afternoon. I think I've seen 1 out of a 100 horses brought home with continuous whipping, but the jocks keep doing it, probably to show they are at least trying. I prefer the use of brains over whips. A stroke or two is usually all that is needed, if that. How many hand-rides have you seen on the easiest of winners?

hoovesupsideyourhead
08-19-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm getting old too....but not too old for a night or two in The Quarter....great food....great music....great booze....smell? not so good....
im there with ya biggs:eek: