PDA

View Full Version : Sultry Sue

Bigsmc
08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Checked hard going into the turn at The Spa in the 7th on 8-5-07 and closed impressively. Big deal you say? Well she has been on the engine her previous two races.

She showed a new dimension today and barely lost while checking in a turf sprint. Should be utlra tough at the same trip next out.

Rudeboyelvis
08-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Bigs, I've watched this stretch run about 10 times now - it looks, to me, like the 4 got through without contact, but also looks like the 4 did what the 4 always does - runs out of gas...the pace folded like a cheap suit...TMZ actually had to check hard behind her and Coa tried to angle her outside when the 10 got into her...No sour grapes and not trumpeting my own horse but she had about as bad a trip as she could have gotten...

I think SS is a nice horse that could use a little more conditioning, and the connections appear to be performing that task on the track.

Scav
08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
The horse that got screwed the most out of all that is the 9, not sure if he gets up but the 4 caused him to be ridiculous in the stretch

Bigsmc
08-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Bigs, I've watched this stretch run about 10 times now - it looks, to me, like the 4 got through without contact, but also looks like the 4 did what the 4 always does - runs out of gas...the pace folded like a cheap suit...TMZ actually had to check hard behind her and Coa tried to angle her outside when the 10 got into her...No sour grapes and not trumpeting my own horse but she had about as bad a trip as she could have gotten...

I think SS is a nice horse that could use a little more conditioning, and the connections appear to be performing that task on the track.

Wasn't talking about the stretch. She had to check on the backstretch. She's barely passed a horse in her life and suddenly had something in the stretch. She lost by a neck and a nose, not really running out of gas in my book.

All I am saying is that she has been on the engine and quit badly and today that didn't happen despite checking on the backstretch.

It was a roughly run race for sure.

Rudeboyelvis
08-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Thought you meant the stretch turn - my bad - ;)

the_fat_man
08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Anyone actually notice how Kent D blew the race on the 1. So, the rest would've been academic. The race was collapsing and who really cares which horse closed well: they all came running late.

Think if he doesn't completely LOOSE REIN the horse midstretch to the wire, and is constantly looking over his RIGHT SHOULDER, he's able to hold off the winner, who came on his left?

Check the replay, the 1 is basically running on her own at the end. The reins are DANGLING. Kent was completely out of control.

Hard to criticize a dude that won the next 2 races but this was one of his worst rides ever.

Chart attached

Rudeboyelvis
08-06-2007, 08:06 AM
The horse that got screwed the most out of all that is the 9, not sure if he gets up but the 4 caused him to be ridiculous in the stretch

Scav - the 9 got clipped by the 4 as she was slowing, and got a pretty deep cut on her leg for the effort....luckily far enough away the heart so it wasn't critical, but still plenty of stitches...dunno if we'll get another start at the meet with her now :(

Scav
08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Scav - the 9 got clipped by the 4 as she was slowing, and got a pretty deep cut on her leg for the effort....luckily far enough away the heart so it wasn't critical, but still plenty of stitches...dunno if we'll get another start at the meet with her now :(

You owned a piece of her? REALLY needed her to win as I had a $34 pick three (about 6500 coming back). It was a weirdly run race. I thought for sure she would be on the lead but she ended up coming with a run until that debacle. I just need to layoff of Contessa's horses at Toga, he never does well there.

NoLuvForPletch
08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Anyone actually notice how Kent D blew the race on the 1. So, the rest would've been academic. The race was collapsing and who really cares which horse closed well: they all came running late.

Think if he doesn't completely LOOSE REIN the horse midstretch to the wire, and is constantly looking over his RIGHT SHOULDER, he's able to hold off the winner, who came on his left?

Check the replay, the 1 is basically running on her own at the end. The reins are DANGLING. Kent was completely out of control.

Hard to criticize a dude that won the next 2 races but this was one of his worst rides ever.

Chart attached

Not only did he do that REIN thing you are talking about but didn't he stand up and stop riding before the wire? Annoyed me enough the I unfortunately laid off of him in the next race, very costly error.

Rudeboyelvis
08-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Between Longingfortheone and Sultry Sue...

Saratoga - August 23rd, 2007 - Race 5
Estimated Local Post Time: 3:11 PM
Race Type: Maiden Special Weight
Breed: Thoroughbred
Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
Sex: Fillies and Mares
Restriction: State Bred Purse: $56,000
Distance: Five And One Half Furlongs
Surface: Turf

1 Cat Radio (NY)
Jose A. Bracetty
Tucker, Winston
3 Filly 110
Peter A. Chin
Winston Tucker 50/1

2 Irish Kahn (NY)
Eibar Coa
Team Epona Racing
3 Filly 117
Niall M. O'Callaghan
Delehanty Stock Farm Inc. 12/1

3 Longingfortheone (NY)
Channing Hill
Summit View Farm, Birchwood Racing Stable, Sportsmen Stable
3 Filly 117
Glenn B. DiSanto
Glenn B. DiSanto 5/2

4 The West Wind Rose (NY)
Shaun Bridgmohan
Zarr, Gary
4 Filly 123
Mikhael Rolffs
Gary Zarr 30/1

5 Miss Annie M (NY)
Jorge F. Chavez
Lostritto, Joseph, A.
4 Filly 123
Joseph A. Lostritto
Joseph Lostritto 8/1

6 My Into Wishin (NY)
Kent J. Desormeaux
Anastasas, Greg, Imperio, Michael
3 Filly 117
Dominick A. Schettino
Sez Who Thoroughbreds 6/1

7 Bulla Regia (NY)
Michael J. Luzzi
Richard J. Lugovich
3 Filly 117
Richard J. Lugovich
Richard Lugovich 8/1

8 Sultry Sue (NY)
Cornelio H. Velasquez
Ritvo, Timothy, Hanafin, Michael, C.
4 Filly 123
Timothy Ritvo
Michael C. Hanafin 3/1

9 Ninth of July (NY)
John R. Velazquez
Gleaves, Philip, A., Hilliard, Bryan
4 Filly 123
David G. Donk
Roger Toffolon 7/2

Personally I like the 6 here in a romp

Rudeboyelvis
08-21-2007, 07:49 PM
You owned a piece of her? REALLY needed her to win as I had a $34 pick three (about 6500 coming back). It was a weirdly run race. I thought for sure she would be on the lead but she ended up coming with a run until that debacle. I just need to layoff of Contessa's horses at Toga, he never does well there.
Scavs - she's heeled up nicely, actually going in the 9th on this (8/23) card - turf sprint looks a bit more manageable as she's got a nice turn of foot on the weeds

Hey -check your PM - I'm heading your way over Labor Day - will be at Arlington Park on Saturday 9/1/07...if you're heading up - holla

wiphan
08-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Longingfortheone wins the battle this time around and pays nicely