PDA

View Full Version : Scat Daddy

Cunningham Racing
05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Take it from me...Scat Daddy - a 2-year-old debuting Friday at Monmouth - is a monster for Todd Pletcher...he has told people that it is his fastest/best 2-year-old and Scat Daddy has been outworking fellow juvenile stablemate Minefield, who won first out at CD by like 7-lengths, when they breeze together in the A.M.

The fact Johnny V uses this mount as his comeback race ticks me off because it will effect the colt's price, but he should win easy based on what I've heard from clocker's and others I respect in the industry.

Good Luck!

PSH
06-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Scat:

Sounds like the horse will be 2-5 with what you say....:(

oracle80
06-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Hes gonna have to be very fast to beat the horse who already ran a nice one at Belmont. Hes got a race under his belt, ran a big number, and has a lotat speed and should be tighter this time. Also Pletchers horse drew the dreaded one hole, not only is this teh worst place for a firster to break from, the rail has been dead at Monmouth since they opened the place this year.
In addition al teh sentimental money as well as the sucker money will come in from people who think that Johnny just has to win his first mount back as if it is predetermined. Put me down as taking advantage of this and playing the other horse.

Cunningham Racing
06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Hes gonna have to be very fast to beat the horse who already ran a nice one at Belmont. Hes got a race under his belt, ran a big number, and has a lotat speed and should be tighter this time. Also Pletchers horse drew the dreaded one hole, not only is this teh worst place for a firster to break from, the rail has been dead at Monmouth since they opened the place this year.
In addition al teh sentimental money as well as the sucker money will come in from people who think that Johnny just has to win his first mount back as if it is predetermined. Put me down as taking advantage of this and playing the other horse.

Sir, wager against him at your own risk...I don't care if he drew post #25, this horse is a MONSTER...I own a Johannesberg weanling so I've been interested in his progeny...this colt is by him and I watched him go through the sales ring last September at KEE...He caught my eye and I've followed him ever since, which includes personally watching him train the 2 weeks before Derby at CD.

Mark my words...this colt is a BC Juvenile type of colt...stamina will be the only question because he has freakish talent....I watched him (with Cordero) outwork Minefield twice at CD and Minefield has EASILY been the most impressive debut winner at CD to date....the only reason Minefield is running at CD is because the Wolf's own him and they are racing everything at CD because they reside in KY...

I'm just hoping I get around even money on Scat Daddy....I'll percieve that as value since I'm aware of what he is capable of....we'll see tomorrow!

Also, for the record, I worked at CD up until just recently and also was able to watch First Samurai train last year before debuting at CD...I said then that he was a BC Juvenile colt and he wound up being the fave in the race months later....it is doubtful to predict this stuff consistently, but I'll say this...Scat Daddy is every bit as talented as First Samurai displayed at this point last year IMO...take it for what its worth...there is no denying he'll be a short price tomorrow based on the Johnny V factor - which I was very disappointed myself to see since I have a strong interest on wagering on the colt...I normally hate the rail too, but if he's as good as I think he is then the rail is a non-issue against Bay Shore babies.

bahughes
06-01-2006, 10:39 AM
whos the "other horse" oracle

Cunningham Racing
06-01-2006, 10:46 AM
whos the "other horse" oracle

He's talking about McLaughlin's horse, who seems to be a nice colt. But, truly good horses don't lose their debuts in most cases, especially if they possess some type of precociousness - which this colt has.

If Scat Daddy doesn't provide what you may percieve as 'value' in the win pool, then play a straight EX with McLaughlin's colt and then hit the ALL button for the show spot in TRIs....might payoff, might not....

bahughes
06-01-2006, 11:26 AM
thanks, just have to wait and see what the odds look like tomorrow

Cunningham Racing
06-01-2006, 04:18 PM
FYI...Scat Daddy is cross-entered to run Sat. at Belmont where it makes sense he'll run instead of Monmouth....McLaughlin's horse is also cross-entered in both spots...it's only a 5-horse field at BEL, but the presence of an Asmussen-firster at BEL should assist Scat Daddy's price if all 5 run.

Wherever he runs, key him on top....could be one of the best juveniles in the country this year...

hockey2315
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
didn't see the race but saw that he wasn't on the board- did he get a bad trip or was he simply outrun?

BrianJ
06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Scat Daddy's entrymate Bella Shambrock just won the race at Monmouth by many lengths in 57.3 at 1-5 odds. Only beat three horses but was impressive anyway. If he was the 2nd best Pletcher horse entered, then Scat Daddy must be a real freak.

Cajungator26
06-02-2006, 01:36 PM
didn't see the race but saw that he wasn't on the board- did he get a bad trip or was he simply outrun?

He didn't run at Monmouth today. He will be running tomorrow at Belmont.

hockey2315
06-02-2006, 03:18 PM
o ok- i just looked at the results and didn't see him- what race at belmont?

Cunningham Racing
06-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Keep punching today on this colt at BEL....

Bogey
06-03-2006, 12:34 PM
As advertised by Cunningham. Nice going.

The_Wizard
06-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the pick. Don't usually bet 3-5 but he was a great play in the doubles. Got back $415 for a $100 investment.

The_Wizard
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM

Why bet againt JV?

Cunningham Racing
06-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Obviously, he is my BC Juvenile horse until further notice...I love the way this horse looks and moves and he won very easily today...BEWARE

I'm going to find someone in Vegas to give me '07 Derby odds and take a wager....I'd bet $200 if I could get 200-1 or so...what the hell..LOL...He doesn't have a pedigree to stay 1 1/4-miles, but his brilliance and looks could take him longer than he's bred for...dunno

My Top 3 Juvenile list

1) Scat Daddy - Could be any kind
2) Napa Cat - Asmussen's best 2-year-old
3) Minefield - Best CD maiden winner so far this spring

PSH
06-03-2006, 06:14 PM
As advertised.
Played a big exacta and it payed $5.80 which was better than the 3-5...
Take what they give you...

PSH:)

pgardn
06-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Oracle.

Kudos are in order... Give it up big guy.

Sir, wager against him at your own risk...I don't care if he drew post #25, this horse is a MONSTER...

Cunningham Racing
06-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Scat Daddy got a 93 Beyer Speed Figure for his maiden win yesterday...pretty salty stuff

pgardn
06-04-2006, 10:46 AM
As a rule I dont like overrated first timers. But if you have seen a horse work in good company... The horse had every excuse to lose, muddy, post, no easy lead, pesky horse pushing him... but he shook that off like little crumbs and handed out a thorough drubbing.

Oracle I think Cunningham handed out a mortal lock and no Kudos from you?