PDA

View Full Version : Breeder's Cup 2007 - Monmouth

ninetoone
07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Anyone else going?

ShadowRoll
07-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Anyone else going?
Yes. But I'll be spending all my time inside because I made the mistake of getting @#$%&!!! general admission tickets.

Port Conway Lane
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Yes. But I'll be spending all my time inside because I made the mistake of getting @#$%&!!! general admission tickets.

I'm not so sure that was a mistake. I would prefer to know the weather forcast and buy tickets on ebay rather than prepay $250 and take a chance on freezing my azz off or getting soaked. If the weather is nice and you can't get a decent price on ebay the paddock area is an outdoor option.

smuthg
09-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I actually got tickets to both days in the "Second Chance" lottery. Not familiar with Monmouth Park but my tickets are in the "500 Section'... real interested to see how Monmouth handles the crowd and what the weather will be like.

Anyone with working knowledge of Monmouth Park have any insight on Section 500? Good? Bad?

Bigsmc
09-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Mrs Bigs and I will be there.

GBBob
09-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm not so sure that was a mistake. I would prefer to know the weather forcast and buy tickets on ebay rather than prepay $250 and take a chance on freezing my azz off or getting soaked. If the weather is nice and you can't get a decent price on ebay the paddock area is an outdoor option.

I looked on stub hub and they are out of sight expensive. E-Bay was a little better, but I've never been to a BC before where you couldn't find decent seats outside the track day of. Monmoth is "smaller", but still thinking that might be the route to go

viscount26
09-28-2007, 02:13 PM
I actually got tickets to both days in the "Second Chance" lottery. Not familiar with Monmouth Park but my tickets are in the "500 Section'... real interested to see how Monmouth handles the crowd and what the weather will be like.

Anyone with working knowledge of Monmouth Park have any insight on Section 500? Good? Bad?

My buddy owns horses at Monmouth so I'll ask him. It maybe in the temporary bleechers though

viscount26
09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I have a seating chart for the BC, but it's too large to upload to this thread.
If anyone needs it, please e-mail me at Ian@Andrewsbc.com and I will send it as a pdf. I will be on vacation next week, but will be back on October 9th

Cheers

SuffolkGirl
09-28-2007, 02:42 PM

I'll be right there with you.... I have a seat for Friday but Sat it is GA

Holland Hacker
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM

Those seats look to be very good seats, although they will be temporary bleachers. They are directly infront of the clubhouse and on the apron so pray for no rain, as if we all weren't going to be doing that anyway. All in all not a bad place to see the races from. You will be past the wire but not by much depending on where the actual seats are it could be upto 100 yards, probably not much more.

As an aside I'm kinda pissed :mad: at the NJSEA with the "Second Chance" offering and the way it all played out. In my mind they should have reassigned o0r at least offered the people who got tickets via the lottery the better seats and then made their old seats available in the "second chance" offering. So as it turns out by "winning" the lottery I actually "lost" and got worse seats than I could have gotten in the second chance. Enough venting.

As it turns out my seats are somewhere on the clubhouse turn and I'm not happy about that, but at least I'll have a seat. Not to worry though I'll get to see the horses jog to the gate for the sprint and the turf and jog out after the finish and jog back to the unsaddleing area :mad: . There I go venting again.

NTamm1215
10-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I will be at the BC. Really looking forward to it and I'd love to meet some of you.

NT

hoovesupsideyourhead
10-04-2007, 05:17 PM
just get in.. then stand around the paddock...in the lucky spot..with beer in hand.....

Bigsmc
10-05-2007, 07:55 AM
just get in.. then stand around the paddock...in the lucky spot..with beer in hand.....

You going up Matt?

GBBob
10-05-2007, 08:23 AM
You going up Matt?

he better be...right Matt?

Lava
10-07-2007, 01:15 AM
I am going section 402.:D

saratogabrit
10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
As Gordon Brown has decided not to hold a General Election on November 1- i will be coming over for the BC Steeplechase, BC, a New England Patriots game qnd most important of all-campaigning in the Saratoga Mayoral election :)

Port Conway Lane
10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I have two general admission tickets available at face value,$50 a piece.If anyone is interested pm me. I can provide transportation to and from the track at any location within a 10 mile radius.I'll be putting these up on ebay tomorrow.

Honu
10-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Im going with our horse for the Juvi on Sat , Dixie Chatter , my problem is I didnt know until yesterday and I called home and my parents are coming in from Pitt. and I need General Admissions tickets for them and I really have no clue as to where to get them , does anyone think there will still be some available at the gate on Sat ? .

Cajungator26
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Im going with our horse for the Juvi on Sat , Dixie Chatter , my problem is I didnt know until yesterday and I called home and my parents are coming in from Pitt. and I need General Admissions tickets for them and I really have no clue as to where to get them , does anyone think there will still be some available at the gate on Sat ? .

Honu,

This was posted on the Breeders Cup website:

GENERAL ADMISSION
General Admission (no seat -standing room only) will be offered both Friday and Saturday. General Admission for Friday will be sold at the gate that day for $10 (Grandstand) or $15 (Clubhouse); General Admission for Saturday is limited and must be pre-purchased for $50, walk up admissions will not be available that day.

For more information call 732-571-5582.

https://www.breederscup.com/content.aspx?id=25010

viscount26
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Honu
Check the post above yours
:cool:

Honu
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Honu,

This was posted on the Breeders Cup website:

GENERAL ADMISSION
General Admission (no seat -standing room only) will be offered both Friday and Saturday. General Admission for Friday will be sold at the gate that day for $10 (Grandstand) or $15 (Clubhouse); General Admission for Saturday is limited and must be pre-purchased for $50, walk up admissions will not be available that day.

For more information call 732-571-5582.

https://www.breederscup.com/content.aspx?id=25010

Ty , I need to give them a call then 50 bucks jeez , I wonder if I tell them Im with a horse in the race it would make any diffirence.

Port Conway Lane
10-15-2007, 02:19 PM
A little late,just sold them on stubhub

Sightseek
10-15-2007, 02:33 PM

Good luck with him, I like him a lot. :)

hoovesupsideyourhead
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Ty , I need to give them a call then 50 bucks jeez , I wonder if I tell them Im with a horse in the race it would make any diffirence.
just show up there will be many a person selling tix outside for less than face..

Honu
10-15-2007, 11:06 PM
just show up there will be many a person selling tix outside for less than face..
Are u serious ? , cause I dont want my folks not to have a for sure ticket and from what I understand you cant even park at the track without a ticket , I get there monday morning I think I should just go to the front side and see what they have . My mom is all like " its my first breeders cup and by god Im goin" so I dont want them to have to struggle hard to get in the gate.

Port Conway Lane
10-16-2007, 09:37 AM

There is a pair on stubhub in the 700 section for a decent price.After the commission and shipping $397 for both.

http://www.stubhub.com/breeders-cup-tickets/?ticket_id=105714705

I listed my GA tickets at $48 and sold them in 10 minutes, getting $80 after commission.

hoovesupsideyourhead
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Are u serious ? , cause I dont want my folks not to have a for sure ticket and from what I understand you cant even park at the track without a ticket , I get there monday morning I think I should just go to the front side and see what they have . My mom is all like " its my first breeders cup and by god Im goin" so I dont want them to have to struggle hard to get in the gate.
the last two bc ive went to .. last year the latest, there were lots of people selling tickets.. i mean lots..

hoovesupsideyourhead
10-16-2007, 09:39 AM
the last two bc ive went to .. last year the latest, there were lots of people selling tickets.. i mean lots..
wherever the venu is they will be outside.. on that day..fri am /sat am//

Honu
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM

Bigsmc
10-20-2007, 05:22 AM

There are tickets available in Sec. 700 (apron seating) as well as Parking at the track ($35) on ticketmaster right now. There are remote parking lots ($10) and they will shuttle you in. Since there are seats still available, it doesn't look like it is such a hot ticket this year.

Hooves is correct, there will be tons for sale outside the venue. The closer you get to post time on Saturday, the cheaper they will be.

Zaf
10-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Steve had John Heims from Monmouth park on ATR Thursday. He mentioned there were still a few thousand tickets available.

ddthetide
10-20-2007, 07:57 PM
sorry, but i think those ticket prices are ridiculous. :mad:

saratogabrit
10-21-2007, 03:47 PM
As of yesterday morning local news reported that there were 2000 tickets left for Saturday.

MaTH716
10-21-2007, 09:22 PM
I was at Monmouth today. The place looked great, but there were a lot of people still working feverishly. I wonder how many general admision tickets there are, because there didn't seem to be a lot of room on the paddock side of the track. They have tents and all kinds of temporary concession stands set up. They also had a big tent set up behind the temporary seating on the clubhouse turn. It looked like they were going to have plenty of betting windows available. There were sign of food concessions also. The downside is that it looks like you will have to use porta potties if you have to go to the can. Sections 500, 600 and 800 located on the apron of the track were like a white wooden folding chair. Didn't have time to snoop around the area at the top of the stretch, my son was getting restless and wanted to go to the fair they had outside the track. It only other thing that concerns me is that I didn't see any type of big screen / jumbotron TV's inside the track on the infield or in the paddock area. I would think and hope that they would have some sort of screens for people inside the track and in the paddock. Inside the grandstand, they replaced all the old tv's with new flatscreens, they looked awesome and it also looks like they were taking out all the old teller machines and replacing them with new ones. T minus 5 days, lets hope they get the rest of the work done and the event goes off without a hitch. Maybe they can catch a couple of days weather wise as nice as today too. I can hardly wait!

saratogabrit
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Is my main man " Birmingham Mac" going to be there?

It will take me the rest of my life to get over the night before the Arlington Breeders' Cup :)

dellinger63
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
saw Mac yesterday and he's not coming. Just settling into the new house 2 kids etc. Barney, Bob, Tim C and I are all coming. Find us most likely in the paddock. I'll PM you my cell but Mac has it as well. We'll be there both Fri and Sat.

Mortimer
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Well...I was going.

Lancer
10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
If anyone is looking for tickets. I have some extras I am selling for face. A couple locations for both days (including mezz on Fri and Sec 707 - inside the sixteenth pole - on Sat., as well as cheaper ones in the 900s). Feel free to email me at jrphillippe@yahoo.com if you are interested. Looking forward to a fun weekend!

smuthg
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
I have tickets for both Friday and Saturday and was planning on heading back to NYC on Friday night after the races, but if there are things to do in the Oceanport Area I would reconsider the commute. Any insight? Thanks.

Port Conway Lane
10-22-2007, 04:16 PM
If anyone is looking for tickets. I have some extras I am selling for face. A couple locations for both days (including mezz on Fri and Sec 707 - inside the sixteenth pole - on Sat., as well as cheaper ones in the 900s). Feel free to email me at jrphillippe@yahoo.com if you are interested. Looking forward to a fun weekend!
You'll be lucky to get half the face value. Ebay and stubhub are loaded with tickets going down in price by the hour.

Mortimer
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
I have tickets for both Friday and Saturday and was planning on heading back to NYC on Friday night after the races, but if there are things to do in the Oceanport Area I would reconsider the commute. Any insight? Thanks.

Oh no...they don't have any insight there at all.

Holland Hacker
10-23-2007, 09:19 AM

There isn't much to do right around the track. You could go east to either Sea Bright or Long Branch and there should be some nice restuarants / bars there. Alternatively you could take the train back two stops to Red Bank there are a ton of places there. Unless you have a car in the area you options are pretty much limited.

Good Luck.

HH

smuthg
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
There isn't much to do right around the track. You could go east to either Sea Bright or Long Branch and there should be some nice restuarants / bars there. Alternatively you could take the train back two stops to Red Bank there are a ton of places there. Unless you have a car in the area you options are pretty much limited.

Good Luck.

HH

HH, thanks. I think we're going to try out the Red Bank area...

Good luck to you also.

jacksdad
10-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Basil T's is my favorite place in Red Bank. I knew the brewer, she's good people.

ddthetide
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
does anyone know if the horseman at monmouth were given BC tix or did they have to pay something for them?
i have a chance at grand stand balcony tix @ the 1/16th pole. for saturday.

JAG21
10-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, i'm new to the forum and will be @Monmouth on saturday. i'm also in the yearling and claimer partnerships and would like to get together @the BC if and when you were meeting. thanks

bmont22
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Grandstand Balcony tickets were offered to horsemen and others in the industry. Not sure if they paid or not. Grandstand Balcony is the way to go. Undercover and a great view of the entire track. I think the lines should be shorter up there too.

ddthetide
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Grandstand Balcony tickets were offered to horsemen and others in the industry. Not sure if they paid or not. Grandstand Balcony is the way to go. Undercover and a great view of the entire track. I think the lines should be shorter up there too.

thanks for the help ! still waiting to hear back.

ELA
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
does anyone know if the horseman at monmouth were given BC tix or did they have to pay something for them?
i have a chance at grand stand balcony tix @ the 1/16th pole. for saturday.

The NJTHA was given the opportunity to purchase a certain # of tickets. They sent out a letter to the membership, informed us they had the opportunity to purchase these tickets and would be offering them for sale only to the NJTHA membership. Members, of course, had the opportunity to not go through the NJHTA and buy tickets on their own.

Eric