PDA

View Full Version : Mohegan Sky

NoLuvForPletch
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Andy, I am starting to think you are right about the jocks. Why when Mohegan Sky tried to get out at the top of the stretch did Cornelio pull him back inside? Then when the horse does get out about 5 jumps from the wire, he accelerates like a train. Am I seeing this wrong? Look for this one in a few weeks, hopefully at 6f instead of 5 1/2.

the_fat_man
07-26-2007, 08:46 PM
If you were to look at a chart for the race you'd see that EVERY (other) horse (ALL) in the race gained on the leader the last split. If you don't run early and suck up inside while others, like Lemon Drop Gal, are bidding, then it stands to reason that you will be running late. The way this race shaped up just shows how much better than the others LDG was, how much MORE than the others she ran (in terms of effort and distance). Yet, she didn't win cause of the way the race shaped up. And, you have complaints?

NoLuvForPletch
07-27-2007, 08:09 AM
If you were to look at a chart for the race you'd see that EVERY (other) horse (ALL) in the race gained on the leader the last split. If you don't run early and suck up inside while others, like Lemon Drop Gal, are bidding, then it stands to reason that you will be running late. The way this race shaped up just shows how much better than the others LDG was, how much MORE than the others she ran (in terms of effort and distance). Yet, she didn't win cause of the way the race shaped up. And, you have complaints?

My point was simply that the horse looked as though she wanted to get outside and the jock pulled her back to the inside, where she was stuck behind horses and didn't see clear run. When the horse finally got out, she seemed to pick it up considerably. As it pertains to LDG, once she made the big move on the turn and didn't get past the leader, or even the other 2 to her inside, it was over.