PDA

View Full Version : the dwyer

colt 45ss
07-04-2006, 07:41 AM
any thoughts on this one.
quite competitive, da stoops, strong contender,keyed entry
i like strong contender to roll through the stretch after stoops softens up keyed

Bogey
07-04-2006, 08:04 AM
i like strong contender to roll through the stretch after stoops softens up keyed

JOHNNY'S BACK. Johnny V knows and has ridden KE better than anyone. He is not going to get in any kind of speed duel with Da Stoops. I simply see KE as the fastest here and I will toss in Regent Spirit into the exotics. This a one turn 1 1/16 race and I would say this is KE's limit. I don't think he wants any more distance and will probably end up being a very decent sprinter.

SentToStud
07-04-2006, 08:05 AM

I looked long and hard. I think it's unplayable. Stoops? Looks a toss until you remember it's Baffert. So he's not a toss. Doc has a chance off his Withers. KE and SC look solid. Reaper ran big and outfinished Daimon who came back to win. Regent looks too slow early, but a Zito 3 yo at 8-1 or 10-1 isn't the worst bet you can make. I suppose Reaper, Regent or Doc at 12-1 or higher to win is what I'd play based on solid starts at Belmont.

Cunningham Racing
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Keyed Entry should excel at this one-turn, 1 1/16-mile trip and he is the class - But, the price will not be worth diving in on him and players looking for a price may want to try Doc Cheney from off the pace at big odds....

TheSpyder
07-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Strong Contender started out like gangbusters and then became busters when put up against too good too quick.

I think he'll show his old form today and will be tough. Heavily touted at the start, I think we see the real thing today.

jp96stang
07-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I'll only say it once.

Da Stoops

Downthestretch55
07-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Dontfearthereaper over Da Stoops...there's your exacta.

sumitas
07-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm watching but KE should roll this field.

PeteMugg
07-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Could be a good one and should probably just watch. But I can't resist, gonna play the 5/1/all.

johnny pinwheel
07-05-2006, 08:25 AM
doc cheney was who i liked. too much speed in there for keyed entry. i don't think that horse can win over a mile. strong contender looked awesome and put my horse away in the last 16th. at least i boxed the exacta. the jim dandy and travers field is coming together! Ward now has two shooters with a shot.