PDA

View Full Version : Sport Fishing

SentToStud
07-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Here, in south Florida several days back, the largest hammerhead shark ever caught was recorded at 1,250 pounds, eclipsing the largest prior record of 965. A necropsy performed revealed , at least in part, the reason for the size of the prize catch .... the hammerhead was pregnant with over 50 pups.

I'm not judging anyone, but the story struck me as a bit sad.

GPK
07-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Here, in south Florida several days back, the largest hammerhead shark ever caught was recorded at 1,250 pounds, eclipsing the largest prior record of 965. A necropsy performed revealed , at least in part, the reason for the size of the prize catch .... the hammerhead was pregnant with over 50 pups.

I'm not judging anyone, but the story struck me as a bit sad.

What a whore...:eek:

Scav
07-03-2006, 09:56 AM
S2S, I thought if they were pregs you had to send them back? Isn't that a rule?

paisjpq
07-03-2006, 10:27 AM
that is sad.

Downthestretch55
07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
that is sad.
Very sad.
I've caught my fair share of fish. I keep what I'm going to eat. Let the rest go.
I'll never forget a blue fishing trip that I took out of Shark River (Belmar, NJ).
It was in the fall, and lots of sand sharks came over the rail, most of them pregnant females in search of protien for the babies they were holding inside.
Some sicko's were gutting them live and sticking the babies with their knives.
Needless to say, i put away my fishing rod and spent the rest of the day throwing the little ones overboard before they were killed.
To this day, I don't know what thrilled these "fishermen" about killing little sharks. must be a "macho" thing.

RIP Big Momma Hammerhead and your young ones.