PDA

View Full Version : Early double Mountaineer 7/2

Byebyemermaid
07-02-2006, 05:44 PM
It looks like the 2nd race is between the 2 and 9.In the 1st the 2 is the morning line favorite off of a year layoff.I'm using the 3,5 and 6.It might be too short for the 5.The 3 is reunited with Villa-Gomez who has been on a tear at Mountaineer.The 6 is the interesting horse off his last race and who i'll press for a few dollars extra.The bet $4 doubles 3,5/2,9 and $6 doubles 6/2,9.Good luck.

DerbyCat
07-02-2006, 06:41 PM
You are absolutely amazing! I wish I had your handicapping mind... do you specialize in DD's or is this just where you find value?

Keep up the good work, you've got a fan in me!

Byebyemermaid
07-02-2006, 06:55 PM
You are absolutely amazing! I wish I had your handicapping mind... do you specialize in DD's or is this just where you find value?

Keep up the good work, you've got a fan in me!
As Elvis would say "Thank you,Thank you very much" I'm taking a shot in the 4th race tonight boxing 2,4,9 in an exacta.The 2 is 0 for 3 on the grass but two of the races were at Keenland where he was outclassed,but his last race he was only beaten 4 lengths where the 3 and 6 were beaten double digits.The 4 is the favorite and the 9 is first time grass but worked on June 20th which is a good sign and i think from his breeding will take to the grass.Also his win was at Charlestown at 7 furlongs which is a 2 turn race like today.Good luck.

Byebyemermaid
07-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Did save in the 4th race and bet the 2 $10 to win.

DerbyCat
07-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Ahhh... I just missed seeing your post, been watching the replays of todays races on TV... shall we expect more picks from you today?

Byebyemermaid
07-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Did save in the 4th race and bet the 2 $10 to win.
In answer to your question Derbycat i do prefer betting the doubles.I am stepping out in the 5th race and betting $10 wp on the 2.The race is really void of any speed and he could find himself by default on the lead .His races last year are good enough to beat these and he may be a juicy price.Good luck.

Byebyemermaid
07-02-2006, 07:45 PM
In answer to your question Derbycat i do prefer betting the doubles.I am stepping out in the 5th race and betting $10 wp on the 2.The race is really void of any speed and he could find himself by default on the lead .His races last year are good enough to beat these and he may be a juicy price.Good luck.
Never good when a speed horse gets left at the gate.I'll follow him and see if he can get into a similar field next time.Will post a late double in a little while.

DerbyCat
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
You can't win'em all -- actually, I'd worry if you were right all the time - I'd think maybe you sold your soul to the devil... wait, I might do that if I could always pick the winners ;)

I'll be waiting for the DD... thanks

Byebyemermaid
07-02-2006, 08:17 PM
You can't win'em all -- actually, I'd worry if you were right all the time - I'd think maybe you sold your soul to the devil... wait, I might do that if I could always pick the winners ;)

I'll be waiting for the DD... thanks
The 9th race is very tough tonight with the horses being very equally matched.I'm going to use the 1,3,4,7,8 with the 4 in the 10th and then save with a win bet with the 4 in the 10th if i'm not alive in the double.The 4 has been out for 8 months but the last time he was off for the same period of time he ran well.So it tells me he does run well fresh.He was given a good workout on June 25th and he does have better numbers than most horses in the field.Good luck.

DerbyCat
07-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I see what you're saying about the 9th... no one seems to be an obvious choice like you've picked in the past, even the 4 in the 10th isn't a lock... I think I may wait this one out - good luck and I look forward to your future picks.

skippy3481
07-02-2006, 09:07 PM
mermaid
I think its a two horse race in the 9th i like the 7-8 then in the 10th i completely agree with the 4. I would love that horse to stay at 4 or 5 to 1. ill be playing a 5 dollar double 7-8/4

skippy3481
07-02-2006, 09:40 PM
ill wish us luck mermaid. Get this 4 horse home perez.

DerbyCat
07-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Sorry guys, I was pulling for you - Mermaid, I know you'll get it back tomorrow...

Byebyemermaid
07-03-2006, 11:14 AM
As you said Derbycat you can't win them all.The most important thing is that the horses you chose are competetive and are in the spots you expect them to be during the race.My total investment yesterday was $95 dollars with a return of $167.A profit of $72,which i will take every day of the week.I'm not looking for a killing.Been busy all morning getting the pool in shape for the kids so i haven't gotten the pps for Mountaineer yet.Will go out in a few hours after i'm done.By the way Mountaineer is the track i post about 99% of the time.Somehow i've just gotten a grasp of that place and am very happy NYC OTB takes there action.Take care till later.Mark.

DerbyCat
07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Mark - I've been paying attention to your picks lately since my favorite tracks are off right now (Bay Meadows/Golden Gate - it's California fair season right now and there are very few days when they have good horses running - and when they do they're bet way down). I've enjoyed checking out your picks (along with Kasept's and Bogey's), it seems the three of you have good and consistant picks and you explain why you like the horses you like... I'm trying to branch out of the California tracks and get a better understanding of east coast tracks (although I suppose handicapping is the same everywhere)... I just don't have the knowledge and history of all the players at the eastern tracks like I have for California. So thanks for the continuing education of a northern California horse player!