PDA

View Full Version : Opening weekend -Toga List

Scav
07-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Separated because of the hi-jacking of the other thread.

Hooves
Dell
Satan's Twin
GPK
Bigsmc
GanderTim
Byk (Obviously)
blackthroatwind (obviously)
sniper
sightseek
Philski
swap fliparro
saucon (possible sick day from coaching)
Grits
Triple H
Payson Dave
Officer Cannon Shell
Pmac
cajun
misterB
pdrift1
fpsox
princess doreen
brockguy
pointman
Aryan
Trifecta
Ela

Mortimer
07-12-2007, 06:47 PM
STICK 'EM UP!

GIT 'EM UP HIGH WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!

ror!

Ya gotta love me.

Ya really do.

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-12-2007, 07:27 PM
why.....................

Mortimer
07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
You can probably take me off that list.

rule-eng en leff-eng!!!

ddthetide
07-12-2007, 07:44 PM
You can probably take me off that list.

us too. we'll be up when Sumwon runs.

trifecta124
07-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I will be there.

ELA
07-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm there. Any word on the potential party yet?

Eric

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-12-2007, 08:03 PM
first post 12.00:D

Sightseek
07-12-2007, 08:08 PM
first post 12.00:D

1:00 except for Travers Day when it is 12:30

Scav
07-12-2007, 08:10 PM
1:00 except for Travers Day when it is 12:30

CST Sight, CST

Storm Cadet
07-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Scratch ... Going to the Haskell at Monmouth then I'm heading up to Saratoga in August for 10 days probably. :)

Cannon Shell
07-12-2007, 09:22 PM

Hooves
Dell
Satan's Twin
GPK
Bigsmc
GanderTim
Byk (Obviously)
sniper
sightseek
Philski
swap fliparro
Grits
Triple H
Payson Dave
Officer Cannon Shell
Pmac
cajun
misterB
pdrift1
fpsox
princess doreen
brockguy
pointman
Aryan
Trifecta
Ela
Need directions?

trifecta124
07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Need directions?

87 North from NYC to exit 14n on the Northway. It's a beautiful drive. 3 1/2 hours from my house.

Can't wait.

Scav
07-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Need directions?

LOL. This time I will mapquest it. Chicago aint Louisville with 6 streets and a citgo.

Cannon Shell
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
LOL. This time I will mapquest it. Chicago aint Louisville with 6 streets and a citgo.
You should be able to handle Saratoga assuming we get you GPS and a seeing eyedog

Swap Fliparoo
07-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Don't think phil and i will be able to make that weekend, hopefully we can still find most everyone later on in the meet!

dellinger63
07-12-2007, 10:20 PM
add Downes, the Captain, wife and son, Mac, Mr. Bean, Aquino, Mr. and Mrs M, Hooves bro and wife and John that's 12 more just from the Arl group.

Antitrust32
07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
add Antitrust32!

Cajungator26
07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
add Antitrust32!

Yeehaw! :D

Payson Dave
07-13-2007, 02:27 PM
a little off topic but not completely...I heard today that the Main Track is now open for Training...use to be that the main track was not open for training until a week before the meet began...

Sightseek
07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
a little off topic but not completely...I heard today that the Main Track is now open for Training...use to be that the main track was not open for training until a week before the meet began...

Thank goodness. Between having vans full of horses drive by me on the way to work and seeing Curlin on the front page of the Times Union, I am ready for the meet to begin! :o

Cajungator26
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Thank goodness. Between having vans full of horses drive by me on the way to work and seeing Curlin on the front page of the Times Union, I am ready for the meet to begin! :o

I don't get to see that, but I'm still ready for the meet to begin! :o

Sightseek
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't get to see that, but I'm still ready for the meet to begin! :o

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time! :)

dellinger63
07-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm sure you'll have a lovely time! :)

and you won't?

Sightseek
07-14-2007, 08:53 AM
and you won't?

Of course I will :) Saratoga is the most relaxing and fun place on earth

viscount26
07-14-2007, 01:35 PM
add me too, and my wife. We will be wearing the new swag as well

colt 45ss
07-16-2007, 07:17 AM
i'll be up opening monday
hope to see some of the dt'ers

ARyan
07-16-2007, 08:58 AM

Hooves
Dell
Satan's Twin
GPK
Bigsmc
GanderTim
Byk (Obviously)
sniper
sightseek
Philski
swap fliparro
Grits
Triple H
Payson Dave
Officer Cannon Shell
Pmac
cajun
misterB
pdrift1
fpsox
princess doreen
brockguy
pointman
Aryan
Trifecta
Ela

I'll be there.

XIIPointStables
07-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Looks like I'll be heading up for a Day Trip on Sunday the 29th.

Jim Dandy Sunday with Street Sense...how can you not be there?

ARyan
07-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Looks like I'll be heading up for a Day Trip on Sunday the 29th.

Jim Dandy Sunday with Street Sense...how can you not be there?

I agree! What a great opening weekend, I am so excited! The only downfall is I have to miss twilight Friday for a wedding. Who in their right mind gets married on opening weekend of Saratoga?!?!?

GenuineRisk
07-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I now have an audition on Monday the 30th for which I have to prep so I may not be coming. :( I'm trying to convince myself I could manage coming up just for Saturday.... I'll check the train schedules.

Cajungator26
07-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I now have an audition on Monday the 30th for which I have to prep so I may not be coming. :( I'm trying to convince myself I could manage coming up just for Saturday.... I'll check the train schedules.

Dang! I was hoping you were coming up. :(

GenuineRisk
07-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Dang! I was hoping you were coming up. :(

Like I said, I'll still try to come for Saturday, if I can. Depends on when I schedule work with a vocal coach. If it's not on Saturday, I'm there. :)

Storm Cadet
07-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Did you check the AMTRACK schedule yet for departure times from Manhattan?

Let me know as I'm interviewing a candidate Thursday for an open position on my staff. If she takes it, I might be able to make SAR that weekend also. I'll let her cover my sport assignments that weekend if I can get her on board that quickly! :)

GenuineRisk
07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Did you check the AMTRACK schedule yet for departure times from Manhattan?

Let me know as I'm interviewing a candidate Thursday for an open position on my staff. If she takes it, I might be able to make SAR that weekend also. I'll let her cover my sport assignments that weekend if I can get her on board that quickly! :)

There is a train that departs at 7:45, arriving 11:16, and one leaving from Saratoga at 7:07, arriving back at 10:45 (same schedule Saturday and Sunday, I believe). I may switch my reservation and do that.

Fingers crossed your interviewee takes the job!

XIIPointStables
07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree! What a great opening weekend, I am so excited! The only downfall is I have to miss twilight Friday for a wedding. Who in their right mind gets married on opening weekend of Saratoga?!?!?

Ha. I'm missing the Friday/Saturday due to a wedding as well.

I'll be there with bells on Sunday.

GenuineRisk
07-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay, I'm still coming for Saturday, anyway. Sooo bummed to miss Street Sense on Sunday, but 'dem's de breaks. I'm sure the company on Saturday will more than make up for it.

GPK
07-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Okay, I'm still coming for Saturday, anyway. Sooo bummed to miss Street Sense on Sunday, but 'dem's de breaks. I'm sure the company on Saturday will more than make up for it.

:D :D :D :D

byalip
07-22-2007, 08:27 AM
I'll be there....just found out my husband arranged a surprise weekend.

This is my first visit, so PLEASE, can I get advice about how to get clubhouse seats, see the training track, whether or not to go to the breakfast and tours that I read about on the Toga site? What are the best parties after the races?

Also, where's everyone meeting up? This will be my first time meeting anyone, except Genuinerisk, so I won't be able to just recognize anyone.

Thanks for any advice and help.

GPK
07-22-2007, 08:29 AM

This is my first visit, so PLEASE, can I get advice about how to get clubhouse seats, see the training track, whether or not to go to the breakfast and tours that I read about on the Toga site? What are the best parties after the races?

Also, where's everyone meeting up? This will be my first time meeting anyone, except Genuinerisk, so I won't be able to just recognize anyone.

I will be the really good looking short guy...:D

byalip
07-22-2007, 08:43 AM
How do I tell you and Andy apart?

GPK
07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
How do I tell you and Andy apart?

im the REALLY good looking short guy...and Im younger too:p

pmacdaddy
07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Getting close now... Anyone else planning on going Saturday AM to watch horses workout?

Think we are going to take the kids and bring breakfast.

GPK
07-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Getting close now... Anyone else planning on going Saturday AM to watch horses workout?

Think we are going to take the kids and bring breakfast.

Thursday and Saturday mornings are the two days I plan on watching the am works.

XIIPointStables
07-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Isn't the Carolina BBQ setup over by the simulcast center?

Is that the best place to say hello to Mr. Byk?

byalip
07-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Thursday and Saturday mornings are the two days I plan on watching the am works.

I'll be there Saturday...let's say hello.

GPK
07-22-2007, 09:21 AM
I'll be there Saturday...let's say hello.

you got it

dellinger63
07-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Isn't the Carolina BBQ setup over by the simulcast center?

Is that the best place to say hello to Mr. Byk?

He's always at the main stand directly behind the center of the carousel which I guess is considered the simulcast center. Beware if he's wearing his ninja black chef suit and approach the quarter pole with reverence and w/o a pen in your hand.

GPK
07-22-2007, 10:19 AM
He's always at the main stand directly behind the center of the carousel which I guess is considered the simulcast center. Beware if he's wearing his ninja black chef suit and approach the quarter pole with reverence and w/o a pen in your hand.

Steve...being your my agent and all....have you set up the appropriate time slots for my autograph sessions? I don't want my golf or handicapping time to be interfered with.:cool:

dellinger63
07-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Hooves has you set up at a table in front of Sumwon's stall. We had to make some concessions and you'll be handing out peppermints in addition to signing. Oh, and making sure everyone washes their hands.

hoovesupsideyourhead
07-22-2007, 01:16 PM
set tasers to "stun"..words of wisdom for dt ladys...

dellinger63
07-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Get Steve working on DeeTee Stun Guns as an addition to the merchandise list...

GPK
07-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Hooves has you set up at a table in front of Sumwon's stall. We had to make some concessions and you'll be handing out peppermints in addition to signing. Oh, and making sure everyone washes their hands.

I knew you would come through. That's why I pay you the big bucks...

XIIPointStables
07-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Thanks. Looking like a great day Sunday, especially if Street Sense runs.

If there's a DT meeting spot of sorts that day, love to meet everyone.

I doubt I'll get a chance to make a second trip until we head up for Travers week.

Sightseek
07-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Steve...being your my agent and all....have you set up the appropriate time slots for my autograph sessions? I don't want my golf or handicapping time to be interfered with.:cool:

Wait, I thought you also agreed to be my personal cheerleader for the hat contest on Sunday...

GPK
07-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Wait, I thought you also agreed to be my personal cheerleader for the hat contest on Sunday...

Im still in for that. For you....anything:rolleyes:

Sightseek
07-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Breakfast Buffet is OK (I'd make reservations if you can). Best view of the horses in the morning though is bringing a breakfast and taking it up to an owner's box and watching the works from there.

I'd call to see if there are any seats available. Worse case, if you have to go Grandstand, the view is still pretty decent and the area isn't too badly crowded.

dellinger63
07-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks. Looking like a great day Sunday, especially if Street Sense runs.

If there's a DT meeting spot of sorts that day, love to meet everyone.

I doubt I'll get a chance to make a second trip until we head up for Travers week.

yea that's pretty much the meeting place and then most scatter throghout the park. Steve can point most of us out and the DeeTee Stables and DerbyTrail hats will be a sure give away.

Bigsmc
07-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Late addition to the list.

Rudeboyelvis PM'd me yesterday and said he is flying up today to watch his filly in the last race.

Cajungator26
07-25-2007, 06:11 AM
Late addition to the list.

Rudeboyelvis PM'd me yesterday and said he is flying up today to watch his filly in the last race.

If he's going to be there tomorrow, make sure he calls one of us... I haven't seen you guys since the Tampa Bay Derby. Hope his filly runs huge.

Bigsmc
07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
If he's going to be there tomorrow, make sure he calls one of us... I haven't seen you guys since the Tampa Bay Derby. Hope his filly runs huge.

He didn't say how long he is staying, but he'll be here today. Are you not coming until tomorrow?

Cajungator26
07-25-2007, 10:00 AM
He didn't say how long he is staying, but he'll be here today. Are you not coming until tomorrow?

I won't be there until tonight.

brockguy
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
should be there thursday. maybe friday.. really depends!

Storm Cadet
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
To all that made it to Saratoga:

I hope you all made it safely with no travel problems!

Enjoy the time together...and I hope you all hit winners and the beers!:D

Kev...don't forget...Friday if it rains: Lift, clean and replace! Hit 'em straight!

Storm