PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some TVG info

whorstman
05-31-2006, 04:00 PM
What are some good shows on there for capping info? I'm not totally green, but I want to go next level, IE Picking them in the paddock and in the post parade. Also wondering if there were videos out there to watch. I'm not an avid reader and w/ my schedule I don't really have the time (can't justify it when I'm supposted to be studying for MCSE). Also, is it me or did I read someone post that it was harder to win @ Churchill than other places? I know I do ok picking, always close, but always get screwed in the stretch!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Scav
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Just pay attention here, you will be fine

whorstman
05-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh, no doubt. I've learned a ton in just a short while. It's kinda funny, last Friday, that horse white buck I was talking about. I saw him in the Paddock and just knew he was going to win. There was no doubt in my mind. I've read some fantastic posts about mannerisms of horses, but I need to see it to know. I out thought myself a few times Friday too, talked myself off of a few that did well because there was something I "thought" I saw. But yeah, I'm definately on here a lot and I read the posts. Thx

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Oh, no doubt. I've learned a ton in just a short while. It's kinda funny, last Friday, that horse white buck I was talking about. I saw him in the Paddock and just knew he was going to win. There was no doubt in my mind. I've read some fantastic posts about mannerisms of horses, but I need to see it to know. I out thought myself a few times Friday too, talked myself off of a few that did well because there was something I "thought" I saw. But yeah, I'm definately on here a lot and I read the posts. Thx

The main things I look for in the post parade are a washy horse (although not all washy horses finish poorly), ears pinned, tail swishing a lot and (obviously) any noticeable limps. Unfortunately, I'm better at picking them in the post parade than anything else. It doesn't do me a damn bit of good when I'm betting and aces closes the race for bets five minutes before post. :mad:

I have also found that thoros and rags are a valuable tool to add in. :D

whorstman
05-31-2006, 04:27 PM
thoros and rags? Can you elaborate on that?

GPK
05-31-2006, 04:38 PM
thoros and rags? Can you elaborate on that?

Whorts....I continue to wonder if there is more to life than being really, really good looking. I haven't found anything that beats being that good looking. It can be a real curse at times, but....sigh...it's just a curse some of us have to live with....:eek:

Suffolk Shippers
06-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Whorts....I continue to wonder if there is more to life than being really, really good looking. I haven't found anything that beats being that good looking. It can be a real curse at times, but....sigh...it's just a curse some of us have to live with....:eek:

I agree its tough getting used to that stigma :D