PDA

View Full Version : Penn Nat'l on 4th of July

ShadowRoll
07-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Going to Penn National for the first time on the 4th. Anyone interested? Any tips?

dr. fager
07-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Construction dominates the scene right now. Unfortunately you can't even see live racing now, you can only go out and see the horses in the temporary paddock then are stuck watching the races via close circuit. It's a great little setting along the moutain to enjoy some summer racing but with them pushing full steam ahead to get the racino done the current setup takes away most of the enjoyment for me.

ShadowRoll
07-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Construction dominates the scene right now. Unfortunately you can't even see live racing now, you can only go out and see the horses in the temporary paddock then are stuck watching the races via close circuit. It's a great little setting along the moutain to enjoy some summer racing but with them pushing full steam ahead to get the racino done the current setup takes away most of the enjoyment for me.
Really? You can't even see the races live? Little point in making the drive there, then.

dr. fager
07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Yes, it was a odd decision they made where they built the temporary simaulcast building. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm glad you asked and didn't waste the trip.

ShadowRoll
07-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Yes, it was a odd decision they made where they built the temporary simaulcast building. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm glad you asked and didn't waste the trip.
Thanks. Guess I'll wait until after they get their $300 million slot facility built.

saucon17
07-01-2007, 11:34 AM
SR Might be going to Del Park on July 4th. I miss my Wednesday nights at Penn Nat. since they knocked down the grandstand and all the construction and I really miss the great milkshakes they make. Can't wait until they open. It looks like it's going to be a very nice facility when it's done. Hopefully the Penn Nat brass drove to Philly Park to see they way how not to run a racino.

http://www.pennnational.com/hollywood.shtml

Here are 2 cams of the construction at Penn, cam 1 is not working for some reason.

ShadowRoll
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
SR Might be going to Del Park on July 4th. I miss my Wednesday nights at Penn Nat. since they knocked down the grandstand and all the construction and I really miss the great milkshakes they make. Can't wait until they open. It looks like it's going to be a very nice facility when it's done. Hopefully the Penn Nat brass drove to Philly Park to see they way how not to run a racino.

http://www.pennnational.com/hollywood.shtml

Here are 2 cams of the construction at Penn, cam 1 is not working for some reason.
Thanks, Saucon. I was casting around for someplace else to go on the 4th where I hadn't been before, and that was within reasonable driving distance, but nothing fits the bill. Was somewhat hesitant about going to DEL again since I went last week and plan on going during the Del Cap weekend, but what the hell...I always have a good time there and it's not like I need an excuse to go. I am, after all, on vacation.

Mortimer
07-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Going to Penn National for the first time on the 4th.

To die for.

Anyone interested?

In what ? Penn Nat. or the 4th of July??

Any tips?

Hard to say...what booth are you working?