PDA

View Full Version : Damnit!.. Missed the Firecracker.

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Firecracker anyone?

Had Marty Wolfson yesterday and then miss the race... Results?

paisjpq
07-01-2006, 05:13 PM
1-3-6-7 he won steve. I didn't see it though.

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:16 PM
1-3-6-7 he won steve. I didn't see it though.

Thanks Pais.. Went 1 w/ 3-4-7.. The 7 (Thunder Mission) was monster value at 20-1. Will take the exacta, but wanted him in the tri...

paisjpq
07-01-2006, 05:18 PM
can't win 'em all. You do a damn good job as is...Pais is my dogs name--Bethani

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Bethani..

Thank you.. BTW.. Have I noticed that you're a 'Green Mountain Gal'? We going to see you here for Toga?

SLB

paisjpq
07-01-2006, 05:22 PM
absolutely!!! Will be there as often as I can. Esp. to see HH win the amsterdam and the king's Bishop--Spent a lot of time getting beaten up by him a couple of years ago, it's a thrill to see him now.

Bogey
07-01-2006, 05:23 PM
He won like a 1-2 shot should. It's between Miesque Approval, Lord of the Game, and Lava Man for best turnaround the last couple of years. Steve, I still laugh when you asked Mott about Miesque Approval, that was a classic. You could hear it in his voice that he was speechless. Yeah, fans want to know that type of information.

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Well, depending on where you are in VT, I'm on the road between Manchester/Arlington/Bennington and Toga..! Come see me at my 'Carolina Barbecue' and new 'Live Oak Cafe'... (Both across from the Carousel)..

SentToStud
07-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Firecracker anyone?

Had Marty Wolfson yesterday and then miss the race... Results?

Miesque's App by 2 lengths ... $3.20
Free Thinking second
Therecomesatiger third

ex $9.40
tri $36.00

paisjpq
07-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm in Essex just outside burlington, so I don't go that far south to cross the lake. I will be sure to stop a say hello--I usually go to the track solo, as noone around here has much interest in the ponies.

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Essex Junction! Cool.. Know the area really well from the years using Phillipsburg border crossing when living in Montreal..

paisjpq
07-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Essex Junction! Cool.. Know the area really well from the years using Phillipsburg border crossing when living in Montreal..
you even added the 'junction'! that is where I live though if you notice I only said Essex. You ever get up here at all?

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:41 PM
you even added the 'junction'! that is where I live though if you notice I only said Essex. You ever get up here at all?

Not as much as I used to... I'm in Montreal regularly, but use Champlain border coming up from here.. Get that way, to Colchester, when I need to run to Costco to check on things we're doing with them... But I love Burlington, it's a great town, and haven't known anyone in the region for a while... (But I guess I do now!)

paisjpq
07-01-2006, 05:44 PM
you seriously go to colchester to shop??? that's madness! PM me next time you're in town I 'll buy you dinner (if your picks were good that day).

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:48 PM
you seriously go to colchester to shop??? that's madness! PM me next time you're in town I 'll buy you dinner (if your picks were good that day).

It's a deal!

(Don't go to Colchester Costco to shop per se.. I do business with Costco and frequently need to see what new items are in the freezers or get samples of things I need to send to suppliers, etc.. Colchester and W. Springfield, MA Costco's are about an equal distance from me...)

paisjpq
07-01-2006, 05:51 PM
It's a deal!

(Don't go to Colchester Costco to shop per se.. I do business with Costco and frequently need to see what new items are in the freezers or get samples of things I need to send to suppliers, etc.. Colchester and W. Springfield, MA Costco's are about an equal distance from me...)
K that makes sense.

Scav
07-02-2006, 11:07 AM
He won like a 1-2 shot should. It's between Miesque Approval, Lord of the Game, and Lava Man for best turnaround the last couple of years. Steve, I still laugh when you asked Mott about Miesque Approval, that was a classic. You could hear it in his voice that he was speechless. Yeah, fans want to know that type of information.

Lord of the Game was not a turnaround. Tomillo took him for 10k out of his first race ever at Hawthorne. Horse had a tendon repaired with stem cell treatment (I think)....Owners wanted to take a risk and comedy Tomillo finally got lucky.

NoCarolinaTony
07-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Steve what is the concept of the Live Oak Cafe....Did you need Charlotte's approval?...lol

ateamstupid
07-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks Pais.. Went 1 w/ 3-4-7.. The 7 (Thunder Mission) was monster value at 20-1. Will take the exacta, but wanted him in the tri...

Thunder Mission broke terribly and was rank as can be. Hard to tell what he would've done if his head was screwed on straight.

SB - remember my boy Frankie? Son needed Free Thinking to win pretty badly apparently and is steamed at the ride he got from Leparoux. He's swearing off racing until the BC now. LOL, yeah right!

Kasept
07-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Steve what is the concept of the Live Oak Cafe....Did you need Charlotte's approval?...lol

NCT,

Charlotte suggested it last summer when I asked her and her friends what they thought about a cafe with full line of coffee bevs and light dining fare in the empty tent where Anne Sawyer's hat shop used to be... They liked the concept and Charlotte said "You could call it Live Oak Cafe"...

Coffees, iced and hot, expresso, cappucino, etc..

Our new Egg Bake Souffles (Ham/Asparagus & Spinach/Artichoke)

Chopped Salads with shrimp, tuna or egg salad

Crab Cakes

Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich on rye roll

My dessert line of Junior's Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, Key Lime Mousse Cake, Creme Brulee and Chocolate Mousse

Think it should be a hit.

paisjpq
07-03-2006, 06:17 AM
if it's the junior's that I'm thinking of the desserts will be fantastic.