PDA

View Full Version : SAT Plays - Cash Call - Amer Oaks DD

Bogey
07-01-2006, 09:49 AM
The account stands at +279 and there are plenty of great races during this holiday weekend, but we need to add to the total. Here we go.

Arlington Park - Race 1 - Early DD

#4 Scatter Shot - Showed some speed in his debut before packing it in and should improve off that effort.
#5 Custom Cart - Adds Lasix for his 1st start and has been training well in the mornings. Shenofsky a respectable 18% with 1sters.
#6 Sweet Baby Ray - He was 4-1 versus straight MSW and bled. Obviously adds the medication and should enjoy the state bred company.

Race 2
#4 My Little Mimi - Ships in from Mountaineer for high % trainer. Turf to Dirt with a drop to boot.
#7 Mrs. Capp - Finished 2nd at 26-1 last time versus similar. I'm sure Tomillo has been schooling her in the starting gate.

The Play 10 units Daily Double - 4 5 6 with 4 7 = 60 units

Churchill Downs - Race 2
#3 Maximus C - Makes his return after almost a 2 year vacation. I like the work last Monday and Romans has a knack with these. His sire Coronado's Quest is one of my all-time favorites.

The Play 10 units to Win - #3

Hollywood Park - Cash Call / American Oaks Double

Race 6 - SAT - Cash Call
#5 Sweet Talker - 4 in a row and 6 out of 7. Should sit a nice trip behind the trio of speed.
#7 Luas Line (Ire) - Ran 10 days ago in a Group 2 at Ascot. 1st time lasix for this classy filly.
#2 Toupie (GB) - The stretchout should help. She's was knocking on the door versus some toughies in Europe last year (Divine Proportions - Gorella)
#9 Dance in the Mood (Jpn) - Only one win to her credit since '04, but this is simply her best distance. She's won 4 out of her 5 wins at the mile distance.

Race 8 - Sun - American Oaks
#7 Wait a While - Broke her maiden on the turf. She's faced the divisions best on dirt and has been training well on the Belmont lawn for this affair. She reminds me of Showing Up in the Colonial Turf Cup, she's simply just faster than her competitors in this race.

The Play 10 units Cash Call / American Oaks Double 2 5 7 9 with 7 = 40 units

Leaves us at plus 169

Good Racing Luck

Bogey
07-01-2006, 05:19 PM
What a great day of racing and tonight at Prairie Meadows should be interesting. Invasor simply dominated the suspect field in the Surburban. Not too much blood either way. Maximus C tired badly and the chaky Arlington Double cost us 13 units. Dance in the Mood has us alive to the American Oaks with Wait a While. So, going into Sun the account stands at 216 with a live 10 unit Cash Call / American Oaks ticket.

Kasept
07-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Gus..

Did I bring Arbuckle up with you or Joel (AP Classic) yesterday? I want to kill myself... Said here's a local offering great value and then leave him out underneath.. Tri was like money in the street...

Bogey
07-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Gus..

Did I bring Arbuckle up with you or Joel (AP Classic) yesterday? I want to kill myself... Said here's a local offering great value and then leave him out underneath.. Tri was like money in the street...

You brought it up with me and I took a 2nd look at him and included him underneath, but I keyed Equal Opportunity. Damm, I was between keying Kingship and EO. Nice call on Arbuckle 40-1 and just missed.