PDA

View Full Version : Concert at SPAC 8/23

sumitas
06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver and Kill Hannah will rock the night away at Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Who will bw there ? I've got my tix ... :D

Linny
06-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Redneck that I am, I'll be aiming for the Toby Keith show a couple of days later.:D

Coach Pants
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Alice in Chains? Ridiculous. That's like Axl Rose calling his new group Guns n Roses.

NoLuvForPletch
06-22-2007, 10:16 AM
You would think they would do a better job of getting talent up to Saratoga while the racing is going on. I can only remember 1 time in 10 years that I have had a interest in what was going on over there and it was when Dave Matthews was there about 5 years back.

paisjpq
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
You would think they would do a better job of getting talent up to Saratoga while the racing is going on. I can only remember 1 time in 10 years that I have had a interest in what was going on over there and it was when Dave Matthews was there about 5 years back.

DMB is doing a show on aug 14th there.

VOL JACK
06-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Alice in Chains? Ridiculous. That's like Axl Rose calling his new group Guns n Roses.
I'm sure it wouldn't that hard to find another junkie to replace staley. Jerry cantrell was the only real talent the band ever had any way.

blackthroatedwind
06-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Sadly I haven't been there since Pearl Jam in 2000.

They lose acts to the Arena in Albany which is just so sad. Acts figure they can charge more in the Arena. SPAC is one of the best outdoor places in the country and now they basically get nothing interesting.

Antitrust32
06-22-2007, 10:26 AM
opening weekend

saturday moody blues

monday 311

blackthroatedwind
06-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I heard a rumor that Neil Young and Crazy Horse would be there Labor Day weekend but considering Neil has sadly announced no shows that sounds unlikely.

Coach Pants
06-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm sure it wouldn't that hard to find another junkie to replace staley. Jerry cantrell was the only real talent the band ever had any way.
I feel like this board has transformed into an unofficial message board for abovetheinfluence.com.

To disregard what Staley contributed to the band just because he was a junkie is ridiculous. Some of the greatest artists of all-time have had problems with drugs.

Sightseek
06-22-2007, 10:38 AM
I saw Willie & Fogerty there last year. I've never been to a concert indoors, but I can't imagine it would be any better than SPAC.

blackthroatedwind
06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
To disregard what Staley contributed to the band just because he was a junkie is ridiculous. Some of the greatest artists of all-time have had problems with drugs.

I couldn't agree more......one needs look no further than Miles Davis, Jerry Garcia and Jackson Pollack....though there are plenty of others.

miraja2
06-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I completely disagree with you about this.....and so does Mr. Cantrell.
He is on record saying, "Layne is irreplaceable."

Cajungator26
06-22-2007, 11:12 AM

I love DMB. :D

Thoroughbred Fan
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
I hate SPAC! They make you drink your beer in that fenced off concentration camp with two port-a-pots where you can't even see the stage. What a joke.

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Haven't been to SPAC since '91, saw the Teenage Mutant Nijinas tour with my stepson Josh...he was eight at the time.

Things have change a lot there and most of the shows there now...suck!

sumitas
06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Hell yes, Jerry Cantrell is the reason I'm going to this show. Last time I saw Jerry there was in '02 shortly after Layne died. He was supporting Nickelback. Before the show he was in the balcony kibitzing with the fans and then I saw him racing a 4 wheeler up and down the hillside down by the stage, his blonde hair trailing, lol. Ya gott a love Jer. And there's camping nearby, 2 night min. $35 total, Lake Moreau State Park.

oh, and Jerry knows Toby. They've played together. They are both from Oklahoma.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/

pdrift1
06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I feel like this board has transformed into an unofficial message board for abovetheinfluence.com.

your right who gives a rats *** if he was a junkie. staley with alice just plain rocked!!!!! i think some of the goat ropers on here just dont understand. hard rock for many bands is a lifestyle of sex-drugs-and rockandroll.it is what it is

pdrift1
06-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver and Kill Hannah will rock the night away at Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Who will bw there ? I've got my tix ... :D
let me tell ya sum, i would be going if i was up there at that time. sounds like a hell of a show. you'll have a blast no doubt!!!

pdrift1
06-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Hell yes, Jerry Cantrell is the reason I'm going to this show. Last time I saw Jerry there was in '02 shortly after Layne died. He was supporting Nickelback. Before the show he was in the balcony kibitzing with the fans and then I saw him racing a 4 wheeler up and down the hillside down by the stage, his blonde hair trailing, lol. Ya gott a love Jer. And there's camping nearby, 2 night min. $35 total, Lake Moreau State Park.

oh, and Jerry knows Toby. They've played together. They are both from Oklahoma.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/
now trust me thats something i never want to see ,jerry and toby keith on the same stage. ughhhh:(

pdrift1
06-22-2007, 03:54 PM
or like kiss without ace and peter-or motley crue without vince neil. some of these bands should just shut it down if they are not going to get back together. mainly if you lose lead vocals. i seen warrant like 4 years ago without jani lane, replaced by the old lead of black-n-blue . now that was a joke. i really didn't keep up-friends got me a free tick and asumed they got back together. got thier and was like what is this crap

pdrift1
06-22-2007, 04:00 PM

these druggies and alcholics just didn't give anything to music because of thier addictions- hendrix-joplin-bonham-keith moon-brian wilson-bon scott-steve clark:eek:

sumitas
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Jerry Cantrell has perservered and soldiered on and to see him again on the SPAC stage will be awsome. I'm lookin forward to Slash too and I hope Jerry can join VR for a tune.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-22-2007, 11:36 PM
korn will be in town..with evenecince..... the great promo for arlington park its a great promo for cdsn..

pdrift1
06-23-2007, 02:51 AM
korn will be in town..with evenecince..... the great promo for arlington park its a great promo for cdsn..
hooves where is it at tinley park?

Antitrust32
06-23-2007, 10:03 AM
the SPAC is the greatest! I've seen DMB there a few times (maybe 5 times), the Allman Brothers (my bro and I almost got arrested), and The Dead (featuring Warren Haynes - they closed with Layla, it was awesome!).

I havent seen concerts at too many places but I absolutely love the SPAC. Its the greatest place to tailgate and the venue is SPACtacular!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2sfelvHAlU (could only find the Eric Clapton version)

southerndutch
06-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Saw Springsteen there('84?) The Thruway was backed up for hours.

Payson Dave
06-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Been awhile since I've seen a show at SPAC...but over the years have seen a bunch of great shows there...Clapton, Santana, Allman Bros, Dead, Seeger, Raitt, Buffett, James Taylor, Who, Crosby Stills & Nash, Marshall Tucker, Charlie Daniels, 38Special, BB King,.... even remember Cat Stevens put on a good show there a few years back.

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Seen some good ones there from 1981 thru 1991.....

Tom Petty (3x), Asia (25 years ago today!), Steve Miller Band, J.Geils Band, Genesis, Talking Heads, David Gilmour, Billy Idol, The Cars (that one suck! "lip-sink"), Foreigner w/ Joe Walsh, Huey Lewis & the News, REO Speedwagon w/ Cheap Trick, Eric Clapton, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band (only time he played this area), Roger Waters, Jethro Tull, Robert Plant, Judas Preist w/ Cinderella, Aerosmith w/ Guns N' Roses (opening act), B-52's, Heart & the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" show, the last time I was there (9/2/91). Saved all my ticket stubs! Was going to the Black Sabbath concert there a few years back (but they cancelled) The day of the 2002 Travers (in the rain) was supposed to go see Sammy Hager & David Lee Roth that night, but decided to go the harness track instead and hang out with Jerry Bossert (one of Steve's favorites...LOL!)

sumitas
06-23-2007, 09:20 PM
wow. aerosmith w/g&r as the opening act; amazing.

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-23-2007, 09:27 PM
wow. aerosmith w/g&r as the opening act; amazing.

It was "hotter than hell" that day (same day as the '88 Whitney when Personal Ensign beat the boys!) Was at the track in the afternoon when one of those "Saratoga thunderstorms" rolled in, I remember it was right at first post (High Brite, won the race for Lukas). My buddies were by the fence, while I was placing bets for them (they got wet! :D ) Anyways, G N' R started on time (one of the few times) since they were the opening act. They blew Aerosmith off the stage that night!

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-24-2007, 09:08 AM
her is the list ...a bros look like a stand out

http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/997/

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-24-2007, 09:16 AM
her is the list ...a bros look like a stand out

http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/997/

Nothing like the 80's line up.....nor are the prices to see them :rolleyes: