06-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Just want people's opinions on it

timmgirvan
06-17-2007, 09:47 PM
This is: NOT where you want to start out in your horseracing career!:eek:

Byebyemermaid
06-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Just want people's opinions on it
Spent 8 years working in harness racing in the late 70's and early 80's and please don't take any offense to this statement.I've seen some races on TVG from Cal-Expo and it's the bottom of the barrel of harness racing.

timmgirvan
06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Spent 8 years working in harness racing in the late 70's and early 80's and please don't take any offense to this statement.I've seen some races on TVG from Cal-Expo and it's the bottom of the barrel of harness racing.
And we haven't EVEN starting talking about the HORSES!:eek:

Byebyemermaid
06-18-2007, 05:26 PM
And we haven't EVEN starting talking about the HORSES!:eek:
They're a guy driving out there named Richard Wocijo who was an up and coming driver here on the east coast.Needless to say he was asked to leave and it seems Cal-Expo is the only place that will accept him.Nuff said.

onebadbeast
06-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Its Not That Bad, I Made Alot Of Money Betting Cal Expo. Just Keep Betting Cookie Kuebler!

timmgirvan
06-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Its Not That Bad, I Made Alot Of Money Betting Cal Expo. Just Keep Betting Cookie Kuebler!
You must be a hardened gambler,Bro! We're talking about a newbie...needs to have a shot at the Big Circuit first:)

unassailable08
06-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Play the harness tracks where would u recommend I start Monticello, Harrington.

timmgirvan
06-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Play the harness tracks where would u recommend I start Monticello, Harrington.
I'm no expert,but there is far too much cheating going on at the smaller tracks,and particularly with harness racing. My advice is to stick with the big tracks until you can feel comfortable in your own abilities...otherwise you're gonna take a bath! GRL

theiman
06-19-2007, 12:12 PM
When you race for $2000 purses and can make more at the windows or with offshore accounts it should give you a hint.

Track GM, recently resigned due to "conflict of interest"

If you do play the harness game stick with the Meadowlands. Pools are good, low take out in Super's and Pick4's and purses are respectable.

The Woodbine/Mohawk circuit in Toronto is also ok, however, takeout in Canada I beleive is high.

Raysva
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm no expert,but there is far too much cheating going on at the smaller tracks,and particularly with harness racing. My advice is to stick with the big tracks until you can feel comfortable in your own abilities...otherwise you're gonna take a bath! GRL
So there is no cheating at tb tracks ,just as much i say if not more . and Ido own a few they race every week ones a25000 and ones a20000 claimer between the two they have earned over 70000 k so far this year plus the play a 9800 dollar super with one of them, so purses are good at some tracks and i would almost venture to say you have abetter chance recouping your investment in harness than tb .but dont run them at cal expo no purse no other harness track for a 1000 miles so you are stuck, and at the mercy of whatever they want to do

unassailable08
06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
stick to Meadowlands on a side not I really like the Announcer at Cal Expo as I have gotten used to him.

I like playing it on Youbet.net do ya'll kno any angles that go on at Cal Expo besides a riggin between the two Planos.

bigjag0716
06-29-2007, 03:51 AM
Cal Expo is my local track. Don't play it, unless you really have no choice, Like I do. (lol). It's not really that bad, but it's a very crooked track, odds float up and down way too much. If you do play it, though, play the Plano's, father and son combination, they tend to help each other out in a race quite a bit. Real racing-wise, it's a pretty fair track overall, favors stalking to middle-pack runners pretty well. Beat the favorite and you'll get a pretty solid pay-out.

Definitely stay away from the trotting races, though, breakers like crazy, worst than any other track (IMO).

great track announcer, though, best part of Cal Expo. That and the fact that I live 30 minutes from it. lol

bigjag0716
06-29-2007, 03:54 AM

Yes, it is pretty much the bottom of the barrel of harness racing. Pretty crappy track also, the only thing nice about it is the simulcast room. Other than that, it's like a cheap county fair atmosphere, but for some reason, I really enjoy going there, maybe because I love watching Harness Racing live.

onebadbeast
06-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Loved The Old Announcer The Best, He Was Great With His "and They're Comin' Hoooome Now!"

unassailable08
06-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Sacramento is it not?

bigjag0716
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Yup, Sacramento. I don't know how they pulled that track announcer, you would think that he would be announcing at a better track. Scott Urlich (spelling) is his name, I believe. I used to love his race calls at Balmoral, glad I can hear him at Cal Expo. The former announcer sucked, John something, he calls races at Evangeline Downs.

unassailable08
07-01-2007, 01:24 AM
frickin awesome

Ray
07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Yup, Sacramento. I don't know how they pulled that track announcer, you would think that he would be announcing at a better track. Scott Urlich (spelling) is his name, I believe. I used to love his race calls at Balmoral, glad I can hear him at Cal Expo. The former announcer sucked, John something, he calls races at Evangeline Downs.

John Mc Gary is a fine announcer they gave him a pile of money to leave the cal expo gig and is doing good work at Evangeline. Scott Urlich does a great job also he told me he wanted to try somthing different he got a nice offer from cal expo he works in another capaciry as well there not sure exactly what else he does>cal expo Harness is growing very slowly butit has picked up a nice following and the pools are growing i have done some good work there they keep everything real casual there and have alot of fun . i think it is one of the more beatable "smaller" harness tracks around. It is an easy cirucut to follow cuz they run at the same place year round. I would reccomned playing there as long as it is there i heard they may bemoving to one of the other fair sites in the near future.

Scav
07-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Zzooooooooooooommmminnnnnggggg Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

bigjag0716
07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
The one thing about Cal Expo...if you can beat the fav, or catch a horse that has a high morning line but is bet down, you'll get rewarded with some decent payoffs. People like to play chalk..it's like a county fair atmohpshere at that track. Example, there was a race not too long ago, the odds were 5-1 over 5-1 over 25-1 and the tri paid about 2k for a buck, exacta was at least 125....the favorite in the race was only around 6/5, but he missed the board completly.

As for their former announcer, I don't dislike him personally, I just don't like his race calls, I think he's boring. IMO