PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna breed to Good and Tough?

oracle80
05-31-2006, 01:29 PM
I have a breeding to him that looks like its gonna go unused. Had a deal with someone to foal share on a mare but it went awry. Late in the breeding season, but if anybody wants to go to him real cheap they should send me an email or personal message on here. He stands in NY for 5 grand, I'm selling MUCH!!! cheaper. Watch Pletcher's 1ster in the 3rd tomorrow, hes a Good and Tough. Anybody interested get in touch with me.

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Are you from South Africa?

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
I have a breeding to him that looks like its gonna go unused. Had a deal with someone to foal share on a mare but it went awry. Late in the breeding season, but if anybody wants to go to him real cheap they should send me an email or personal message on here. He stands in NY for 5 grand, I'm selling MUCH!!! cheaper. Watch Pletcher's 1ster in the 3rd tomorrow, hes a Good and Tough. Anybody interested get in touch with me.

I dunno, Mike. I tend to stick with humans. :p :D

Kidding... :)

He's a big guy (or appears so.) Nice looking stud.

PSH
05-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Oracle 80:

I have a 2YO filly by Good and Tough ready to be shipped to the track in 2 weeks. I can verify that she is a beauty and is still growing and will be around 16 hands when she stops. Very talented and carries the speed of her sire Good and Tough who by the way is one of the best bargains around at $5k. Also, the sire stats for Good and Tough are top notch and his offspring wins early...

Let me ask my farm manager if she has any interest. She has a lot of mares and might be interested.

Thanks for the note,

PSH

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Oracle 80:

I have a 2YO filly by Good and Tough ready to be shipped to the track in 2 weeks. I can verify that she is a beauty and is still growing and will be around 16 hands when she stops. Very talented and carries the speed of her sire Good and Tough who by the way is one of the best bargains around at $5k. Also, the sire stats for Good and Tough are top notch and his offspring wins early...

Let me ask my farm manager if she has any interest. She has a lot of mares and might be interested.

Thanks for the note,

PSH

Good luck with her. Is she heading to Oklahoma or Belmont?

oracle80
05-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Oracle 80:

Thanks for the note,

PSH

hes sired some nice horses and I have seen a few by him lately that look ok.
You are welcome.
Just seems like a shame for someone not to use it. When I say cheap, I mean CHEAP!! LOL!!

PSH
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
By the way, Hoist the Flag was absolutely my favorite sire when i was introduced to Horse Racing in the mid 70s....

The filly is headed somewhere in between Belmont and Oklahoma. Actually, we are sending her to Jonathan Buckley at The Finger Lakes. She is a NY Bred and this is the first horse that we have purchased. We have decided to send her to The FInger Lakes where the training day rates are about one-half of what they are on the big NYRA circuit and where the MSW NY Bred purses are still around 20k... This is a good way for us to learn... Also, if she or our other filly a City Zip 2YO prove that they belong on the big circuit we can make a change later on. We will let the horse tell us but will begin at the minor leagues.

PSH

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I would love to but in a bad spot right now. hopefully in a month or two my barn renovations will be done maybe then. i plan on starting my own (very small) breeding operation. hopefully keep a couple and try to put them out on the track. any other good bargains you know of at stud?

oracle80
05-31-2006, 01:47 PM
By the way, Hoist the Flag was absolutely my favorite sire when i was introduced to Horse Racing in the mid 70s....

The filly is headed somewhere in between Belmont and Oklahoma. Actually, we are sending her to Jonathan Buckley at The Finger Lakes. She is a NY Bred and this is the first horse that we have purchased. We have decided to send her to The FInger Lakes where the training day rates are about one-half of what they are on the big NYRA circuit and where the MSW NY Bred purses are still around 20k... This is a good way for us to learn... Also, if she or our other filly a City Zip 2YO prove that they belong on the big circuit we can make a change later on. We will let the horse tell us but will begin at the minor leagues.

PSH

Buckley is very good and yes indeed, the purses have gone great there especially for NY breds. Every year it seems Buckley gets a nice 2YO up there who does indeed make the switch to the big circuit. Hope its yours this year.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
I would love to but in a bad spot right now. hopefully in a month or two my barn renovations will be done maybe then. i plan on starting my own (very small) breeding operation. hopefully keep a couple and try to put them out on the track. any other good bargains you know of at stud?

prime timber ROCKS!!!! what a steal at his fee

PSH
05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words Oracle 80 and it is good to hear from you that you know of Buckley and i guess think he is okay....

oracle80
05-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words Oracle 80 and it is good to hear from you that you know of Buckley and i guess think he is okay....

hes definitely ok!!!

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 01:54 PM

I remember that horse... didn't he race in Florida?

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 02:03 PM
prime timber huh, where is he located and whats the fee. i try to stay close to home (ky) keeps everything a little cheaper. whats the avg buy back on prime timber.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:06 PM
prime timber huh, where is he located and whats the fee. i try to stay close to home (ky) keeps everything a little cheaper. whats the avg buy back on prime timber.
Oh, I thought you were in NY.
He stands here in Stillwater(right next to Saratoga) for Sez Who(simon).
He was a horse of baffert's, then inda's who was at one time the fave for the Derby, he ran 4th or 5th in that race. Had chronic feet problems and was all but forgotten about. His babies ran in NY this past year and holy **** if they all didnt just win win win and they continue to!!!!!!
makes no sense to ship up from KY to him I dont think, the van ride would cost as much as the stud fee. But anyone who has mares in NY who didnt go to him at his fee this past year is insane.

Scav
05-31-2006, 02:10 PM

His horses are LETHAL first out on the turf. LETHAL....they seem to improve 5 lengths when they hit the weeds

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 02:12 PM
thnks for the info like i said im just trying to start a litlle breeding operation i appreciate all the incite you give out oracle as well as the other members on the board. im young and still trying to learn everything i can.

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Oh, I thought you were in NY.
He stands here in Stillwater(right next to Saratoga) for Sez Who(simon).
He was a horse of baffert's, then inda's who was at one time the fave for the Derby, he ran 4th or 5th in that race. Had chronic feet problems and was all but forgotten about. His babies ran in NY this past year and holy **** if they all didnt just win win win and they continue to!!!!!!
makes no sense to ship up from KY to him I dont think, the van ride would cost as much as the stud fee. But anyone who has mares in NY who didnt go to him at his fee this past year is insane.

Do they keep any stallions in Ocala any longer?

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:16 PM
His horses are LETHAL first out on the turf. LETHAL....they seem to improve 5 lengths when they hit the weeds

They run on EVERYTHING!! The best he had so far was Cinderella's Way, who sadly passed away. She was only two last year but brok her maiden by 15 and won a NY bred stake in impressive fashion. She then was 2nd in the Demoiselle Stakes in a good effort. She died after that but she was a rocketship who was the goods.
His progeny have no weaknesses that i can detect. The scary thing is that he was bred to NOTHING mares at the start of his stud career and its those foals out of NOTHINGS who are running so well. Just wait a few years!! I'm sure his mares were MUCH better this year.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes they do, They have two divisions.
I went to see Prime Timber last October with a friend. Man hes big and gorgeous.

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 02:17 PM

It appears that Prime Timber and Rizzi are the only two and both are standing in NY now.

There are several good Florida stallions down here though. It seems like as soon as they start to do well, they move them to Kentucky. LOL

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 02:19 PM
I went to see Prime Timber last October with a friend. Man hes big and gorgeous.

Who is in Ocala? Aren't they just the two stallions?

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 02:21 PM

Mike, is Prime Timber in Ocala now?

http://www.sezwhothoroughbreds.com/prime-timber/

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Who is in Ocala? Aren't they just the two stallions?

They used to have two divisons Hoist. Apparently Cajun has found that they are only in NY now. They had a great sire named Precise end that they sold to the japanese a year or so ago.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Mike, is Prime Timber in Ocala now?

http://www.sezwhothoroughbreds.com/prime-timber/

No, he stood there initially and then was moved. Friend of mine sent him a mare up here about three weeks ago. Hes in Stillwater, NY.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:24 PM
It looks like they have two divisions still and they are listing Prime Timber as standing in Ocala. According to other posters though, he is in NY. It would be nice if he were down here... I wouldn't mind driving over to see him.

Hes here Cajun. I saw him in October and man is he a handful. The guy handling him is a brave guy. I kept a nice berth between he and I thank you very much!!!!

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 02:28 PM
It appears that Prime Timber and Rizzi are the only two and both are standing in NY now.

There are several good Florida stallions down here though. It seems like as soon as they start to do well, they move them to Kentucky. LOL

There are quite a few good stallions if Ocala right now. I love the three Saint Ballado's (Straight Man, SSS, Flame Thrower) and you have Exchange Rate and the always reliable Montbrook.

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 02:29 PM
oracle or anyone know much about repriced hes here in ky close to me and cheap.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
I think hes a son of Roberto who gets a lotta winners but whose offspring have little commercial value. Is that him?

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
There are quite a few good stallions if Ocala right now. I love the three Saint Ballado's (Straight Man, SSS, Flame Thrower) and you have Exchange Rate and the always reliable Montbrook.

I really like this guy a lot (Mr. Livingston)...

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:34 PM
I really like this guy a lot (Mr. Livingston)...

He was a nice racehorse Cajun. I believe he was Due Process and Phil Gleaves or rey Nobles.

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 02:35 PM

I don't know what type of broodmares you have but I personally would take HAP at 5K over repriced.

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 02:42 PM
youre right on the dot thats him. i really like turf breeds and they say his offspring are better on the turf.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:44 PM
youre right on the dot thats him. i really like turf breeds and they say his offspring are better on the turf.
They are, and I think he was standing in Illinois. If he wasn't I know I saw at leats one or two real real good Ill breds by him who loved the weeds.

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
hoist who is hap

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:48 PM
hoist who is hap
I think he was by Theatrical. I know he was Mott/Paulson. WOn the Bernard Baruch up here at least once but I believe he won it twice. Hard knocking horse who was just a tad below grade one. Although he put in a hell of a run in a Breeders Cup mile where he had a lot of trouble or may have been real close to winning it.

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 02:51 PM
http://www.darbydan.com/stallions/

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 02:51 PM
ill have to check into that one for sure.

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 02:54 PM
hoist who is hap

HAP is the son of Theatrical on the farm with Repriced. 2nd in the Arlington Million and 2x winner of the Bernard Baruch. Much more accomplished racehorse than Repriced. You have the Northern Dancer/Nureyev line with Hap or the Hail to reason line with Repriced. HAP has more upside in my opinion.

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 02:56 PM
he does seem to be a better deal on the fact his offspring will sell better, but i love that roberto line.

lndbtwtrks
05-31-2006, 03:11 PM
thnks guys got to go for a liitle while to lexington so ill check back later and see wahts going on.

oracle80
06-01-2006, 01:38 PM
PSH did you check with your farm manager? Pletchers horse in the 4th was as good as advertised. 1 grand and your farm manager can go to him.

PSH
06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Yes, i did. I will let her know that the price is 1K.
Nice Good and Tough filly just won the 4th at Belmont as you advertised. She looks quite similar to my Good and Tough 2YO filly, Shhdang - hope she can run as well.

Get back to you shortly - by tomorrow at the latest.

Paul

oracle80
06-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes, i did. I will let her know that the price is 1K.
Nice Good and Tough filly just won the 4th at Belmont as you advertised. She looks quite similar to my Good and Tough 2YO filly, Shhdang - hope she can run as well.

Get back to you shortly - by tomorrow at the latest.

Paul

I know thats cheap but with it being so late in the season, if someone wants to use it then they should. Seems a shame for it to go to waste. Even with a late foal at 1 grand for him you really cant go wrong.