PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Belmont Saturday?

GenuineRisk
06-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Apologies if this thread has already been discussed; I missed it (see unhappy thread in "Esoteric" about no internet at night last week). Anyone going besides me? :)

byalip
06-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm going....let me know if there's a time & place for everyone to meet and say hello.

vprtdo
06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Sitting up in the 3rd floor grand stand. Is there betting windows and concessions on the third floor? Is there a Carolina barbecue at Belmont?

Holland Hacker
06-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I will be there. would be fun to get together with all of the other DTers.

GenuineRisk
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Shall we pick a place and time to convene? I'll be easy to spot- I'll be the short woman in the enormous straw hat. :)

dellinger63
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Nicole,
Barney John and I are all going. Friday as well for part of the day. We'll be in the paddock near where we met last time when Bernardini ran.

Antitrust32
06-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Sitting up in the 3rd floor grand stand. Is there betting windows and concessions on the third floor? Is there a Carolina barbecue at Belmont?

Yes, the main stand has always been right near the entrance in the backyard. There should be maybe 5-7 other carts or small stands around belmont. They got the pork, beef, turkey, and italian sausage going. usually lemonade or iced tea also.

dellinger63
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
OK I'm sold. Pork Sammy please... I'm sure Ateam can point us in the right direction. I also know Martin and Kelly from Montreal are coming as well.

Antitrust32
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
OK I'm sold. Pork Sammy please... I'm sure Ateam can point us in the right direction. I also know Martin and Kelly from Montreal are coming as well.

I met ateam at last years belmont. Can you say jack n coke? And John Hall's gf being all over bushfire!

(we wont get in to my belmont experience 5 years ago)

Antitrust32
06-06-2007, 01:24 PM

Give Martin and Kelly a big Hola for me!

I really want to go to the belmont :( I have only missed 1 since silver charm. I'm gonna get my friend who's a pilot to sneak me on her plane on thursday.

byalip
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Here's my seats if anyone wants to stop by:

Right behind the winner's circle on the apron.
Section 1KX
Row G
Seats 11 & 12

Look for: female, blonde, white jacket & pants, maybe big hat with black crown.

GenuineRisk
06-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Nicole,
Barney John and I are all going. Friday as well for part of the day. We'll be in the paddock near where we met last time when Bernardini ran.

Hurrah for Belmont fun! Any guesses on a good time to wander over when you'll be there? I know my friends and I will be going to the paddock before each of the races before making our bets.

Byalip, we're not sitting too far from each other, I think. I'm in 1JX, sec E.

dellinger63
06-07-2007, 08:07 AM
we'll be there between every race so any would be good but why don't we say the before the 4rth or 5th. Just got a PM from Sightseek who will make it as well.

Buffymommy
06-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Nicole,

Please take pics of Slew's Tizzy and send them to me! PLEASE!!!!!!

I have a thing for dark bays over 17 hands don't I? :)

vprtdo
06-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Not to worry, plan "B" is pick them up tomorrow for Saturday. Cheap seats - Section 3CC. Should be able to see the races without obstruction from these 3rd floor Grandstand seats. Would like to meet some DTer's, so I'm still reading all your posts. Later, Philly to Belmont park

GenuineRisk
06-07-2007, 12:12 PM
we'll be there between every race so any would be good but why don't we say the before the 4rth or 5th. Just got a PM from Sightseek who will make it as well.

Cool- I'll look for you before the 4th and the 5th. :) Again, I'll be in the big straw hat which is looking not nearly so pretty as it did for Belmont last year (it's had a rough twelve months, and even giving it the winter off it hasn't come back the same).

Mortimer
06-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Here's my seats if anyone wants to stop by:

Right behind the winner's circle on the apron.
Section 1KX
Row G
Seats 11 & 12

Look for: female, blonde, white jacket & pants, maybe big hat with black crown.

I didn't realize you were a fatty.

But it makes you pretty easy to spot.

byalip
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I didn't realize you were a fatty.

But it makes you pretty easy to spot.

Yeah...2 seats for the wide load....and that makes for a mighty soft lappy.

Mortimer
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah...2 seats for the wide load....and that makes for a mighty soft lappy.

Highly amusing ,Aunty.

Of course I was kidding.

-----------

Yup.

Looks a lot safer now.

byalip
06-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Hurrah for Belmont fun! Any guesses on a good time to wander over when you'll be there? I know my friends and I will be going to the paddock before each of the races before making our bets.

Byalip, we're not sitting too far from each other, I think. I'm in 1JX, sec E.

I'll look for you! Do the same!

byalip
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Highly amusing ,Aunty.

Of course I was kidding.

-----------

Yup.

Looks a lot safer now.

Actually, seat number two is for husband....he's actually excited about going since I told him about Evening Attire running.

Mortimer
06-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Actually, seat number two is for husband....he's actually excited about going since I told him about Evening Attire running.

You have a great time.

Tell your fine mate I feel real sorry you know I meant happy for him.

byalip
06-08-2007, 06:49 PM
You have a great time.

Tell your fine mate I feel real sorry you know I meant happy for him.

I know your are, you ol' softy.

I'm thinking of dining on Andy tomorrow. Bada Bing

Mortimer
06-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I know your are, you ol' softy.

I'm thinking of dining on Andy tomorrow. Bada Bing

!!

OOOOOOOOOO