PDA

View Full Version : motel in saratoga

kenny p
06-04-2007, 03:09 PM
When visiting Saratoga has anyone stayed at The Birches Motel on Rt. 9 in Wilton? Any reviews or comments would be welcome. Thanks KP

Cajungator26
06-04-2007, 03:21 PM
It's a total shithole... don't waste your money.

LMAO... I kid, I kid. I've never even been to Saratoga. :D

Mortimer
06-04-2007, 03:33 PM

THATS NOT WHAT THE VICE SQUAD THERE SAYS

HA

HA

HA

Cajungator26
06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I need to speak to the chief, then.

As for HAHAHA, is he ready for the Belmont this weekend?

Payson Dave
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Cajun is right the place is pretty bad....I've never stayed there but I did check it out for someone who was considering it.

Mortimer
06-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I need to speak to the chief, then.

As for HAHAHA, is he ready for the Belmont this weekend?

BOY IS HE

THE CHIEF SAYS DONT COME BACK

YOU STIFFED HIM ON CHANGE

Mortimer
06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Cajun is right the place is pretty bad....I've never stayed there but I did check it out for someone who was considering it.

HAL THINKS THE SIGN THAT SAYS YOU GIVE US 3 DOLLAH WE MAKE YOU HAPPY LONG TIME GIVES THEM A BAD REPUTATION

HOLY MACRO

HA

HA

HA

kenny p
06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Sorry to hear that. Im booked there opening weekend. Usually stay in Clifton Park but was lookin to save a little money this year. Im sure ive been in worse but my wife and my friends wife wont be too happy. Thanks KP

Cajungator26
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
BOY IS HE

THE CHIEF SAYS DONT COME BACK

YOU STIFFED HIM ON CHANGE

I told that bloodsucking leech that he owed me $40. He didn't deserve change.

Mortimer
06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Thats Why Hes The Chief

Ha

Ha

Ha

Payson Dave
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. Im booked there opening weekend. Usually stay in Clifton Park but was lookin to save a little money this year. Im sure ive been in worse but my wife and my friends wife wont be too happy. Thanks KP

Well I guess you can always hope that they renovate the place between now and opening week...or you could try getting in at the Landmark...it is about 6 miles north of the birches

Cajungator26
06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Thats Why Hes The Chief

Ha

Ha

Ha

Chief told me you are his best client.

AH

AH

AH

(Or so he says.)

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Put in my vacation time today, got the first four days of the meet off...you will be there opening weekend??? :D

Payson Dave
06-04-2007, 04:01 PM

Send pic of wifes friend...maybe something can be worked out.

jk

jk

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-04-2007, 04:03 PM

There are a lot of "dives" along route 9 the farther you go away from the Spa.

Payson Dave
06-04-2007, 04:26 PM
The Landmark is actually in South Glens Falls...Rt9 just north of Exit 17 of the Northway(Rt87)...not a bad place and still close enough (within 15 minutes)to the track....the owner is a horseplayer...he caters to horseplayers

Shortcut to: http://www.landmarkmotorinn.com/

kenny p
06-04-2007, 07:36 PM
The Landmark is actually in South Glens Falls...Rt9 just north of Exit 17 of the Northway(Rt87)...not a bad place and still close enough (within 15 minutes)to the track....the owner is a horseplayer...he caters to horseplayers

Shortcut to: http://www.landmarkmotorinn.com/
Thanks I will check it out. KP

ELA
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Closer (in Saratoga Springs), and I am sure more expensive -- a friend of mine has stayed here. They have a shuttle to and from the track.

http://www.adirondackinn.com/

Eric

ELA
06-04-2007, 08:08 PM
There is also a new hotel/motel -- a new Best Western. Their first meet was last year. It's on South Broadway (very South Broadway, outside of town) and was taken over by Best Western within the last couple of years. I think they knocked down the old, scary motel that was on the site and built this new facility.

A friend of mine stayed there last year and liked it. He said it offered good value compared to "in town" hotels. Go to the Best Western website.

Eric