PDA

View Full Version : 5/31: 'Official' BEL $262k P6 Thread

pmacdaddy
05-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Belmont's turn on Thursday with $260K+ Pick6 Carryover. 5 of six legs on Turf will certainly make it interesting...

I still need to do some additional digging on firsters...

Happy to hear any thoughts on this sequence as we attempt to navigate.

Good Luck!

10 pnt move up
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
that pretty much takes me out, turf is great but 5 races is just more then my skill level on that surface.

pmacdaddy
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Currently thinking the 1/1a entry is a single candidate in 7th.

Whateverwillbwillb broke maiden off the layoff last spring at BEL. Could be tough here picking up JV for 2007 return. Turf Beyers from last year seem a notch above rest. Like the works over BEL Turf course. Could sit stalking trip with plenty of pace in here.

Entry mate Classic Expression is no slouch either going 2nd off Layoff for Serpe. Has 2 wins at distance and gets Prado. Showed Improved effort 2nd off last layoff up at Saratoga.

Bigsmc
05-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Elmont, NY weather for tomorrow.

Mostly Sunny High
88°F

Precip
10%

Wind: W 10 mph
Max. Humidity: 46%
UV Index: 9 Very High

pmacdaddy
05-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Can anyone in the NE tell me if it is expected to be "fast and firm" tomorrow? Any chance of rain?

Warm (80's) and Sunny today. More of the same tomorrow. Looks like Fast and Firm.

philcski
05-30-2007, 10:50 AM
This is a brutal sequence. There isn't a single horse in this sequence that I'd really feel comfortable standing alone on.

A third carryover to Friday? Not impossible...

docicu3
05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth Phil....

philcski
05-30-2007, 11:00 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth Phil....

P6 carryovers in NY are hard for me to resist when I've got the funds and impetus to play, but turf racing isn't my strength and this sequence has about 7 horses that could win each race!!

The Friday card is only slightly more manageable.

Rudeboyelvis
05-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Currently thinking the 1/1a entry is a single candidate in 7th.

Whateverwillbwillb broke maiden off the layoff last spring at BEL. Could be tough here picking up JV for 2007 return. Turf Beyers from last year seem a notch above rest. Like the works over BEL Turf course. Could sit stalking trip with plenty of pace in here.

Entry mate Classic Expression is no slouch either going 2nd off Layoff for Serpe. Has 2 wins at distance and gets Prado. Showed Improved effort 2nd off last layoff up at Saratoga.

Michele the Great is sitting on a big race. Going to be hard to leave her off...

I don't see a single opportunity on this card.

hurricanefrank
05-30-2007, 11:20 AM
This is a brutal sequence. There isn't a single horse in this sequence that I'd really feel comfortable standing alone on.

I concur Phil. I've looked at this Pick 6 sequence for two nights now and can't come up with a single in any leg. :confused:

Kasept
05-30-2007, 11:27 AM
I concur Phil. I've looked at this Pick 6 sequence for two nights now and can't come up with a single in any leg. :confused:
Tend to agree.. Utterly muddled set of races.

4th: Taking the Tiger looks like the horse to me, but a single in the opener?
5th: A sinkhole after the 6/8, and crying out for a surprise winner..
6th: A turf sprint as the single? Maybe.. Just 'Justy'?

I'm not close to a structure in the 7th, 8th or 9th..

Andy Serling and Seth Merrow on the Show tonight (5:00 and 5:30) to go through the card...

pmacdaddy
05-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Race #5

Anyone have first turf and first start numbers for Kingmambo (Miss Poison)? Turf works and pretty gaudy trainer #'s.

First Turf numbers for Broad Brush (Impressionism)? Like the improvement on Poly.

Thanks!

hurricanefrank
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Tend to agree.. Utterly muddled set of races.

4th: Taking the Tiger looks like the horse to me, but a single in the opener?
5th: A sinkhole after the 6/8, and crying out for a surprise winner..
6th: A turf sprint as the single? Maybe.. Just 'Justy'?

I'm not close to a structure in the 7th, 8th or 9th..

Andy Serling and Seth Merrow on the Show tonight (5:00 and 5:30) to go through the card...

4th: I think the Tiger will be tough (12-1 m/l way too generous); also think Parisella's classmaster L'Oiseau d'Argent could lead 'em throughout at a decent mutuel..
5th: sinkhole is right. Probably have to use Mott's Winsome Ways (2-1) in addition to the 6 & 8...dismissing either Tagg's Miss Poison (9-2) or firster Street Party (6-1) will be difficult to do..
6th: Justy (9-5) burned my $ last out but should go better tomorrow in back-to-back sprint scenario; got a hankering Violette's Baletti (10-1) will be good on the cut back and freshening;
7th: Flying Zee entry (2-1) looks best to me; Flightofthepelican (8-1) could very well relish surface switch for Schosberg;
8th: can make legitimate winning case for nearly all; tepid choice is KMc's Makderah (Ire) who should go better 2d start off bench under JR;
9th: Astoria Sweetheart (2-1) and Clearly a Thrill (3-1) look pretty obvious for inclusion purposes but too often the obvious don't win the $35KMCl events; Albertrani firster Katnik (4-1) may go well and wouldn't have to be much.

hurricanefrank
05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Race #5

Anyone have first turf and first start numbers for Kingmambo (Miss Poison)? Turf works and pretty gaudy trainer #'s.

First Turf numbers for Broad Brush (Impressionism)? Like the improvement on Poly.

Thanks!

from DRF's "Closer Look" for Race 5 (Brian Mulligan):
Kingmambo has hit about with 10% of his debuters in a 235-horse sample and with about 13% of his first time turfers in a 199-horse sample...

Broad Brush has hit with 12% of his first-time turf runners in a 373-horse sample.

philcski
05-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Race #5

Thanks!

Impressionism is the one horse on the card that really intrigues me, without the morning lines I don't have an idea what she'll go off at but I'd guess 4-1ish. Don't have the numbers but I know Broad Brush's move up on the turf nicely (my friend's beautiful Broad Brush filly won the turf stake last Friday.)
The problem with taking a stand as a single is you're asking her to do two new things (turf, route) and one of my 'single' rules in the pick 6 is nothing 'new' (i.e., distance, surface, trainer, equipment, etc. jockey switch is ok if positive)

sumitas
05-30-2007, 12:19 PM
for a couple a bucks i'm takin a shot. ya may get lucky.
just perusing the brisnet prime power ratings per race
race 4 - pick em
race 5 - 5, 6 have a 9 pt edge over the field
race 6 - Justy, 9, looms 20 pts over the field
race 7 - pick em
race 8 - 4 has a 12 pt edge
race 9 - 9,10 have a 11 pt edge over the field
* a 10 or more pt edge is considered significant.

Linny
05-30-2007, 12:30 PM
BRIS has Broad Brush at 14% T and 11% 1st T. Shug at 12% 1st T (48 race sample)
What appeals about her is the strong late pace figs in the debut and the most recent race. I'm tossing the innder tube debacle, assuming something went awry that day as she didn't run again for 4 mos, w/no training til March 16. She's a factor here.

This is a brutal sequence. With a small bankroll, I may try to single Justy but Hushion's firster in there (My Michael) is a worry. Prado from the rail on a War Chant colt.

Rudeboyelvis
05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
5th: sinkhole is right. Probably have to use Mott's Winsome Ways (2-1) in addition to the 6 & 8...dismissing either Tagg's Miss Poison (9-2) or firster Street Party (6-1) will be difficult to do..

Although a very small sample, Mott's is a respectable 43% Synth/Turf. I leaning toward tossing the 6 and playing the 5,8 in this leg.

Of course, This is coming from the same guy that tossed Surf Town in the first leg of of the monster HollyPark P6 :o :o

hockey2315
05-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Winsome Ways is almost single-able IMO

SentToStud
05-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Impressionism is the one horse on the card that really intrigues me, without the morning lines I don't have an idea what she'll go off at but I'd guess 4-1ish. Don't have the numbers but I know Broad Brush's move up on the turf nicely (my friend's beautiful Broad Brush filly won the turf stake last Friday.)
The problem with taking a stand as a single is you're asking her to do two new things (turf, route) and one of my 'single' rules in the pick 6 is nothing 'new' (i.e., distance, surface, trainer, equipment, etc. jockey switch is ok if positive)

Impressionism 5/2 on Equibase ML.

KY_Sasquash
05-30-2007, 01:03 PM

I thought the exact same thing this morning when I looked at Impressionism as a single. She should be fine trying turf for the first time b/c she's bred to do so and going 8.5F, also has the breeding and strong connections. I might do it anyway, not sure. Right now I'm leaving towards Makderah as a solid single.

unassailable08
05-30-2007, 01:20 PM
are yall gonna spend on the pick 6 for tomorrow ne chance someone with a small bankroll can hit it.

Rudeboyelvis
05-30-2007, 01:22 PM
This is a brutal sequence. With a small bankroll, I may try to single Justy but Hushion's firster in there (My Michael) is a worry. Prado from the rail on a War Chant colt.

This is a race that makes me want pull what's left of my hair out...A rail battle between a 290K War Chant yearling purchase and a 240K Maria Mon yearling purchase...Hushion 29%; McLaughlin 31%...throw in a 450k Gulch yearling purch from Rich Violette...Practically a million in horse flesh between the 3, and all of them firsters....

EDIT - Baletti has one start

pmacdaddy
05-30-2007, 01:36 PM
This is a race that makes me want pull what's left of my hair out...A rail battle between a 290K War Chant yearling purchase and a 240K Maria Mon yearling purchase...Hushion 29%; McLaughlin 31%...throw in a 450k Gulch yearling purch from Rich Violette...Practically a million in horse flesh between the 3, and all of them firsters....

I noted significant gap in published works on My Michael in the 6th (Dec 20 - Apr 21). Not sure of significance.

whodey17
05-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I am with Phil and most people; this is a very hard pick 6 sequence. If I was playing alone, I would prob put together a ticket that is around $288. However, we have 4 people willing to invest $300 each into this ticket. Turf racing isn't my best either and Belmont makes it much harder because of the size of their track.

A horse I really love is Whateverwilbwillb in the 7th. I like the first off layoff with this horse. She has a history of running big off a layoff. I also like Miss Poison in the 5th. The sire has good numbers for firsters and I think the horse will be ready to go.

declansharbor
05-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Michele the Great is sitting on a big race. Going to be hard to leave her off...

I agree here. The Flying Zee Stable entries look vulnerable here. I love how MTG rated just off the lead in her last, dropped back some, than was able to make up some ground late on the eventual winner. The top finishers(other than the actual winner) in that race look to be the play here. IMO (Fiddlers Pleasure, MTG. and Classic Marilyn)

blackthroatedwind
05-30-2007, 03:03 PM

I strongly disagree.

Unlike Monday's virtually unhittable sequence this one is a huge favorite to be hit.

sumitas
05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
hmmm, race 4 is friggin contentious...Unigold i kinda like but i need to dig deeper.
now race 7 Whateverwillbwillb seems to do better on a softer turf. tomorrow will be firm. Square Dancing did ok in 06 but is off her game this year. doesn't seem like she cared for the inner at A. she is coming in 2nd off a layoff and has put up a big turf number last year...she like the firm going on the turf. Fiddlers Pleasure, i just wonder if she doesn't love the firm going.

SentToStud
05-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I strongly disagree.

Unlike Monday's virtually unhittable sequence this one is a huge favorite to be hit.

Why was it virtually unhittable the 28th?

I assume, overall, carryovers are hit 90-95% of the time, so you're probably right on tomorrow. What made Monday so different?

philcski
05-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I strongly disagree.

Honestly, I expect someone(s) to buy a big ticket and take it down, but given the lack of obvious singles it's difficult to construct a reasonable ticket for less than $1,000-2,000 IMO.

Spiggle24
05-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Very tough card.I believe the true single on the card is the 4 in the 8th.I live with the shieks or die with them & I do more livin'.I find Ms poison in the 5th very interesting.Look @ those good steady grass works then mediocre dirt works @ best now she races on the turf.Barclay Tagg kinda dirt to turf & KINGMAMBO too.Things that make you go HHHHMMMMM.

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-30-2007, 07:02 PM
my play barring scr

race 4 1 si o no
4 ricardo a
6 too risky
7 lasu d argent

race 5 4 street party
5 winsome ways

race 6 5 master of the house
9 justy

race 7 4 michale the great
1 and 1a
9 clasic marylin

race 8 7 calogne alt if scr 6 itsnotthe

race 9 9 astoria sweethart..
6 katnick 192 bucks good luck hooves

sumitas
05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
race 4 - Too Risky 6
race 5 - Eulogize 6
race 6 - Justy 9
race 7 - Square Dancing 8
race 8 - Makderah 4
race 9 - Astoria Sweetheart 9

Rudeboyelvis
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
don't have m/l's handy

R4) 1. 5 Unigold WON
2. 7. L'Oiseau d' Argent 3rd
A. 1 Si O No 2nd
B. 4 Ricardo A

R5) 1. 5 Winsome Ways WON
2. 8 Ipressionism 2nd
A. 4 Street Party
B. 6 Eulogize

R6) 1. 3 Intuition Magic 4th
2. 9 Justy WON
A. 2 Peace Mon 3rd
B. 8 Black Jack Blues

R7) 1. 4 Michelle the Great WON
2. 1 Flying Zee entries 2nd
A. 9 Classic Marilyn
B. 7 Fiddler's Pleasure

R8) 1. 4 Makderah WON
2. 5 Lady Renaissence
A. 7 Cologne
B. 3 Hot Proerty

R9) 1. 9 Astoria Sweetheart 3rd
2. 6 Katnik WON
A. 10 Clearly a Thrill SCRATCHED
B. 8 Kitty Kip 2nd

48 bets x $2 - 96 beans

Bigsmc
05-30-2007, 07:45 PM
R4
4 - Ricardo A
5 - Unigold

R5
4 - Street Party
5 - Winsome Ways
8 - Impressionism

R6
2 - Peace Mon (liked this one when he scratched out this weekend, may not look back)
6 - Baletti
9 - Justy

R7
1-1A Entry (Yikes)

R8 - Tough race...
3 - Hot Property
4 - Makderah
5 - Lady Renaissance

R9
6 - Katnik
9 - Astoria Sweetheart

2 x 3 x 3 x 1 x 3 x 2 = $108 x $2 = $216

GL

*Edited for scratches.*

Rudeboyelvis
05-30-2007, 07:51 PM
R4
4 - Ricardo A
5 - Unigold

R5
4 - Street Party
5 - Winsome Ways
8 - Impressionism

R6
2 - Peace Mon (liked this one when he scratched out this weekend, may not look back)
9 - Justy

R7
1-1A Entry (Yikes)

R8 - Tough race...
3 - Hot Property
4 - Makderah
5 - Lady Renaissance

R9
6 - Katnik
9 - Astoria Sweetheart
10 - Clearly a Thrill

2 x 3 x 2 x 1 x 3 x 3 = $108 x $2 = $216

GL

Hey Mike, nice pics! makes me feel like I'm learning something :D :D :D Best of Luck - Get 'em again!

Bigsmc
05-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey Mike, nice pics! makes me feel like I'm learning something :D :D :D Best of Luck - Get 'em again!

Thanks Dan, good luck to you too.

Had your girl on my ticket last weekend, thought she had it. I think she found a home on the turf.

blackthroatedwind
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Why was it virtually unhittable the 28th?

I assume, overall, carryovers are hit 90-95% of the time, so you're probably right on tomorrow. What made Monday so different?

They were very contentious and open races and there was only one odds on horse the whole day. An even mildly responsible play ran into the thousands.

I told Byk Monday morning I would be shocked if it was hit.

Rudeboyelvis
05-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Dan, good luck to you too.

Had your girl on my ticket last weekend, thought she had it. I think she found a home on the turf.

Thanks, glad you cashed. I was out of town, but hesitated to post anything as We really had no idea she'd take to the turf as well as she did. Having Castro up helped a ton as well, gave her a great ride. He said the 5 got into her on the break and he had to check a bit, and figured it cost her about 3 lengths. I never saw our entry mate figuring, so was amazed to see her catch us to the wire.

Too Much Zip ran a game 2nd the weekend before last, and AD ran 2nd last out over the dirt, so 3 places for the month will pay some bills :)

Gonna try to bring them both back on 6/17 - and plan on heading up to BEL for the day to catch it, they both look like they could make some noise next out

Hickory Hill Hoff
05-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Taking a shot with a "small" $16 ticket -

4th) 2 - in a race where several never seem to find the winner's circle, Taming the Tiger did me well a few Saturday's back = $$$...
why not right back as a "single" in this field.
5th) 3/8 - tough race! trying to beat the favorite Winsome Ways, Tagg trainee looks like she'll love the weeds...
Shug must be respected here also!
6th) 9 - Justy looks like the logical "single" in this pick 6, but I do fear the "4" for Ward.
7th) 1/9 - 1 POE looks the "class" of this statebred turf test, Classic Marilyn also has been very good to me in the past...will include.
8th) 4/5 - these two get the call here, both done well "out of town".
9th) 6 - singling the firster in the final leg, although bottom two (9/10) are the "ones to beat".

The play:

2 - 3/8 - 9 - 1/9 - 4/5 - 6

Bogey
05-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Tough PK6, but we'll give it a shot with a reasonable ticket. NY Bred races are the toughest to handicap IMO, especially on the lawn.

R4
#7 L'Oiseau d' Argent - Needed one.
#6 Too Risky
#1 Si O No (Chi)

R5
#5 Winsome Ways
#6 Eulogize (GB)
#3 Miss Poison

R6
#9 Justy

R7
#4 Michele the Great

R8
#4 Makderah (Ire)
#5 Lady Renaissance

R9
#9 Astoria Sweetheart
#1 Go Gaitor Go (W/entry)
#10 Clearly a Thrill

The Play $2 PK6 - 1 6 7 with 3 5 6 with 9 with 4 with 4 5 with 1 9 10 = $108

Good Racing Luck

Scav
05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
4: 1,5,6,8
5: 8
6: 9
7: 1,7,9
8: 4
9: 9,10

Not too confident but the above is worth the $48 it will cost me. I like the 4 Makderah alot in the 8th race. Best TG number off a very wide race. Seemed fresh in comeback race and was beat by a horse that campaigned the whole winter, should be ready 2nd off the shelf and will most likely get nothing near the 7/2 ML.

Edit: Decided against playing the above, but playable given the amount. I am playing the 4 Makderah to win and place though

declansharbor
05-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Attempting a somewhat larger ticket than I'm accustomed to. Split it with my brother, (who split his half with his friend because he's too wuss to play himself. Not to mention I almost had to strangle him to get him to like a few horses.) With the recent success of this boards pick 6 attempts, it made the pill alot easier to force feed him. Put dollar signs in his head and he's hooked..

Good Luck to those playing today!!! Let's bring one home again...

4- 1,4,6,7 (Si O No, Ricardo A, Too Risky, and L'oiseau D' argent)
5- 4,5,6 ( Street Party, Winsome Ways, and Eulogize)
6- 9 ( Justy)
7- 1,4,7 (Whateverwillbwillb+Classic Expression, Michele the Great,Fid Pleasr)
8- 4,7 ( Makderah, and Cologne)
9- 6,9 ( Katnik, and Astoria Sweetheart)

4x3x1x3x2x2 = $144 x $2 = 288$ without scratches.

I cringe when thinking of singling Justy. If I can find one or two more partners in this,( probably not on such short notice) I would add Baletti. This race scares the hell out of me. Good thing I already have that wad of ones set aside for my elder brother Matt's bachelor party @ Daydreams..AHHHHHH Back that a$$ up..

Once again, great racing luck to those playing throughout the country!!

peetsa
05-31-2007, 02:33 AM
Here's my take on it.

4) #5 Unigold

5) #6 Eulogize (My Best Bet of the Day)

6) #2 Peace Mon
#4 Mighty Thor

7) #1 Entry
#9 Classic Marilyn

8) #4 Makderah

9) 1 Entry
#2 Flame on

$16.00

Kasept
05-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Last night's show... Andy Serling (YouBet/DRF) followed by Seth Merrow (Equidaily.com/Capital OTB-TV) previewing the Belmont P6...

http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/53007b.mp3

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Here's my play (post scratches)

R4 - 4,5,7
R5 - 3,5,8
R6 - 2,6,9
R7 - 1
R8 - 4,5
R9 - 6,9

$216

Race6 - pick4 Play
2,3,6,9 / 1,4 / 4,5,7 / 6,9
$48

Good Luck!

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Last night's show... Andy Serling (YouBet/DRF) followed by Seth Merrow (Equidaily.com/Capital OTB-TV) previewing the Belmont P6...

http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com/stream/53007b.mp3

Insightful! Thanks Steve.

Interested in Andy's & Seth's perspective on the 6th, Particularly Andy's take on the two rail horses "atypical" first start as well as Seth seeing the angle on the 3 which I used to put the horse on top.

Great Work as always

57rick
05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
My $64 pic 6 play...
Race 4 - 5 & 7
Race 5 - 5 & 8
Race 6 - 3 & 6
Race 7 - 1 & 8
Race 8 - 2 & 5
Race 9 - 2 & 10
Good luck to all!

Heels1989
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Long time lurker. 1st Post.

$144 Pick 6

Race 4: 1,5 & 7
Race 5: 3 & 5
Race 6: 6 & 9
Race 7: 1/1A
Race 8: 4 & 5
Race 9: 6, 9 & 10

Good Luck

ARyan
05-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Here is my play;

Race 4: 5, 6, 7
Race 5: 3, 4, 5, 7
Race 6: 9
Race 7: 1
Race 8: 3, 4, 5, 7
Race 9: 6, 9

3 x 4 x 1 x 1 x4 x 2 = 96 x $2 = $192.

I really wanted a reason to throw out the #5 horse in the 8th race, but the fact that Flow Chart returned to win on the turf at Churchill with an 88 beyer made me inclined to keep her in and spend the extra. I still might toss her, but as of right now, I feel as if I should keep her in.

Its calling for thundershowers up here in Lake George today, anyone have a weather report for Elmont? Never mind, http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USNY0464?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Good luck!

longnite
05-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Also my first post, longtime lurker, terrible handicapper, but here goes anyway.

Race 4) 5,8
Race 5) 5,6
Race 6) 9
Race 7) 1
Race 8) 3,4,5,1
Race 9) 9,3

$64

Goodluck All!

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Welcome! Hope your first posts are winners...

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 10:58 AM
SCRATCHES Race Program # Horse Time Notes
1 7 R C Lisp Early

3 1A Drizzly Early 2 (poe) Forecourt (IRE) Early 7 Omaha Beach Early
5 9 Curb Appeal Early 11 Unspoken Vow Early
7 2B Gattinara Early 5 Allison's Approval Early 10 Borrowing Base Early
8 8 Tap Gold Early
9 1A Thirteen Twelve Early 10 Clearly a Thrill Early

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 11:12 AM
To the board, Heels and longnite - best of luck to you

declansharbor
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
To the board, Heels and longnite - best of luck to you

Ditto. It's great that such an event has brought the lurkers out to play. Post more often if you can, as you know this board is second to none. Good Luck today, everybody!!!

philcski
05-31-2007, 12:34 PM
my terrible p6 play:
r4 3,4,5,6,7
r5 3,4,5,8
r6 6,9
r7 1
r8 2,4
r9 4,9

$320

zippyneedsawin
05-31-2007, 12:49 PM
OK, here goes:

R4) 1,2,7
R5) 3,4
R6) 9
R7) 1,4
R8) 4,5
R9) 1,6,8,9

$192

Kasept
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Good luck all.. And welcome to the lurkin' firsters!!

dpkovalesky
05-31-2007, 01:07 PM
giving this a shot too...why not

Race 4: 1, 4
Race 5: 3, 4, 5, 8
Race 6: 9
Race 7: 1
Race 8: 5
Race 9: 1, 6, 9

SundaySilence
05-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Here's my stab for $160...

cassie
05-31-2007, 01:19 PM
small try

-BT-
05-31-2007, 01:32 PM
This carryover has been giving me nightmares ever since i capped it on tuesday..... here goes nothing

$216

5-5-9-4-4-6 = $2463.00
Live and Die with Justy!

gl all

-bt-

sumitas
05-31-2007, 01:39 PM
5 is alive...Unigold wins.

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Good to be alive... Thanks for result (no tv here).

declansharbor
05-31-2007, 01:43 PM
LMFAO... My brother is gonna have my a$$ in a handbasket. He pleaded with me to add the 5 in the first leg. I just wouldnt do it..Good thing he's down the shore with no access to a computer or he'd be on the AC expressway back to Philly to clip me... Sheesh... His chalky ways would have paid off for once...lol

Heels1989
05-31-2007, 01:48 PM
For those with computer access, nyra.com has a Live Audio option (left side column under Broadcast) to listen to the calls.

Still alive thru 1st leg.

sumitas
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
those with another 5 step forward...Winsomeways wins.
5,5,?

Heels1989
05-31-2007, 02:18 PM
For those with computer access, nyra.com has a Live Audio option (left side column under Broadcast) to listen to the calls.

Still alive thru 1st leg.

Don't know what I was thinking. Clearly if you are posting messages you have computer access. Duh!! :D

still alive thru 2

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Blackberry only so no vid for me...

Still hanging in after two.

hockey2315
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
The 1 and 2 are taking a ton of money here in the 6th. . .

sumitas
05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
can Justy make it to the finish line carrying all these players on his back ?

hockey2315
05-31-2007, 02:33 PM
I've got a lot of horses in this leg but why does Mighty Thor scare me?

sumitas
05-31-2007, 02:42 PM
all 9s move ahead please- Justy did what he was supposed to do.
5,5,9, ?

-BT-
05-31-2007, 02:42 PM
With bad break and all JUSTY much the best today... horrible break

-bt-

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Wasted some includes in first three legs. Pretty narrow ticket for me rest of the way. Guess I need the festival of chalk to continue...

1 / 4,5 / 6,9

Good Luck

Kasept
05-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Insightful! Thanks Steve.

Interested in Andy's & Seth's perspective on the 6th, Particularly Andy's take on the two rail horses "atypical" first start as well as Seth seeing the angle on the 3 which I used to put the horse on top.

Great Work as always
Thx E,

Glad you listened.. Seth had a good flyer with the 3 there in the 6th and Andy's firsters ran great too...

philcski
05-31-2007, 02:54 PM

Guess I was wrong about this being a brutal sequence.

philcski
05-31-2007, 02:55 PM
what happened to the 6 in that race? late scratch?

sumitas
05-31-2007, 02:59 PM
the 7 horse broke thru the gate and ran well down the path. they brought him back and he was scratched. then i noticed that Justy was loaded just prior to the official start. the other horses must have been in the gate waiting.

-BT-
05-31-2007, 02:59 PM

# 7 Armanni- broke through the gate and was a late sratch

-bt-

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM

I had the six in 6th on my tiicket. Does that mean I double up on Justy?

Bigsmc
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM

The 6 ran. Just not well.

philcski
05-31-2007, 03:03 PM

My mistake, the 7 was the scratch. And if that happens, yes, that's what you'd get (doubled up on Justy.)

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 03:08 PM
The 6 ran. Just not well.

Last minute addition for me...Guess I should have stuck to my guns and saved some money.

Bigsmc
05-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Last minute addition for me...Guess I should have stuck to my guns and saved some money.

Me too.

Scav
05-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Me too.

Who won the 7th?

robfla
05-31-2007, 03:18 PM
michelle the great

Spendabuck85
Who won the 7th?
The 4

sumitas
4 - Michelle The Great

slotdirt
05-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Impressively, I might add.

Scav
05-31-2007, 03:21 PM
That should help for the fellow DTers' that are alive...Good luck to anyone that is.

I am at this retarded thing called work and can't check to see who is alive

sumitas
05-31-2007, 03:21 PM
now i notice she's a Distorted Humor NY bred filly.
5,5,9,4, ?

declansharbor
05-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Leaving UNIGOLD off of our ticket in the 4th seems now, in retrospect, to be the biggest bonehead move Ive done this past year. I wish I couldve taped the phone convo with my brother Danny...LMFAO...No more pick 6's for him.

Bigsmc
05-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but we only have Rudeboyelvis and -BT- still alive from the tickets posted on this thread.

Go get 'em boys.

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Impressively, I might add.

She drew off on the wrong lead - never switched until about 100yds before the wire

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but we only have Rudeboyelvis and -BT- still alive from the tickets posted on this thread.

Go get 'em boys.

Thanks Mike, We'll see - gotta get thru the single here, hope the chalk holds :D

EDIT: Whew!! thought we were done when JV had to check her at the top of the stretch....

sumitas
05-31-2007, 03:49 PM
chalk holds :D 4, Makderah wins by open lengths.
5,5,9,4,4, ?

Bigsmc
05-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Go get 'em boys.

Both alive to the 6 ($2,463.80) ,9 ($1,005.80).

GL

Kasept
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Good luck Boyz.... Bring home the bacon...

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Good Luck!

I imagine the consolation will be somewhere around $5 for us 5of6 candidates. Also be lucky to cover costs on this pk4.

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 04:15 PM

Nice call, by the way. You tried to warn me...

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 04:21 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

-BT-
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
This carryover has been giving me nightmares ever since i capped it on tuesday..... here goes nothing

$216

5-5-9-4-4-6 = $2,463.00

Live and Die with Justy!

gl all

-bt-

HELL OF A RIDE by Castellano, thought we were in trouble at the head of the stretch, congrats Rude!!!

-bt-

sumitas
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
way to go; great picks

Bigsmc
05-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Great job guys!

Even beat the chalk in the last. I was nervous for you in the stretch.

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 04:25 PM
HELL OF A RIDE by Castellano, thought we were in trouble at the head of the stretch, congrats Rude!!!

-bt-

Great Job, BT

When the 10 scratched, was going to use the 8 but chose to go away from my guns and add the 4 in the first leg.....Needless to say, was kicking my self down the stretch

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Congrats!!! Nice job fellas.

Can someone please post pick4 and 5of6 payouts.

Rudeboyelvis
05-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Congrats!!! Nice job fellas.

Can someone please post pick4 and 5of6 payouts.

5 of 6 = 38.20
P4 = 127.50 for a buck

SentToStud
05-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Great thing we have winners here!

BT, Rude.... well done!

Kasept
05-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Congrats 'BT' and Elvis... DTers just continuing to get it done at the windows.. What a fun afternoon...

slotdirt
05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
What'd it end up paying?

Heels1989
05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Great Job guys!!!

Pick 4 $255

Not sure about the 5 of 6, but interested as well, thanks to Michele the Great. Ugh.

slotdirt
05-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I didn't play the six, but hit the four with a buddy of mine.

pmacdaddy
05-31-2007, 04:32 PM
5 of 6 = 38.20
P4 = 127.50 for a buck

Thanks. Pick4 eases my pain a bit.

Fun thread. Thanks for all the input! Congrats again to winners.

cassie
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
congrats on hits alot of 5 of 6 on this board alot of woulda shoulda"s

Scav
05-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Great hit guys.....CONTINUED SUCCESS. We might make enough money on this site to buy our own friggin race track

philcski
05-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Nice hit gentlemen!!

Rootdog1
05-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Congrats Guys....Keeping the streak alive for DT'ers!!!

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-31-2007, 05:23 PM
kudos to ya.dters killing sixes.....

GPK
05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Long time lurker. 1st Post.

$144 Pick 6

Race 4: 1,5 & 7
Race 5: 3 & 5
Race 6: 6 & 9
Race 7: 1/1A
Race 8: 4 & 5
Race 9: 6, 9 & 10

Good Luck

ALL Tarheel fans are welcome:cool:

fpsoxfan
05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I'll never get tired of hearing about big hits. Couldn't play...I'm in the middle of a freshening..Great Job Guys!! Congrats! Grab something cold and enjoy!

Hickory Hill Hoff
05-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll never get tired of hearing about big hits. Couldn't play...I'm in the middle of a freshening..Great Job Guys!! Congrats! Grab something cold and enjoy!

Freshening??? getting geared up for the "5" horse field in next week's Belmont?
What's on the agenda for next week's festives? a trip to the "Big Apple"???

Coach Pants
05-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Congrats

fpsoxfan
05-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Freshening??? getting geared up for the "5" horse field in next week's Belmont?
What's on the agenda for next week's festives? a trip to the "Big Apple"???
I'm sure we'll be somewhere on E-Street...just not sure right now. Yeah Sitting out until then...Having a very ROUGH 2007 in the gambling department.

deltagulf
05-31-2007, 07:15 PM
congrats guys.

well done. dters.:D

TitanSooner
05-31-2007, 07:28 PM
good job guys..

Time to start handicapping tomorrow night at the 'wood

declansharbor
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Congrats Gentleman!! Well done.. As usual..

-BT-
05-31-2007, 08:41 PM
good job guys..

Time to start handicapping tomorrow night at the 'wood

thanks for reminding me!!!!
though the last few fridays have been rough to say the least

thanks all!!!!!!:)

-bt-

Bogey
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Congrats BT & Rude

unassailable08