PDA

View Full Version : National Handicapping Championship Qualifying Tournament AT Lonestar Park June 16-17

unassailable08
05-29-2007, 12:24 PM
This will be my first Handicapping tournament, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. The tournament only allows you to make Win or Place wagers, You make wagers on 15 races each day for two days. 8 of the them you are required to bet on, the 7 others you can chose on your own.

Any tips or advice would help

Aaron

Scav
05-29-2007, 01:44 PM
This one is pretty simple but in mandotories, find the winner, plain and simple

In the optional ones, I would just play to your strengths as far as handicapping and pick your spots. You have to get to a certain spot anyways to win the thing, and there are multiple ways to do it (two bombs, 4 8/1 shots)

I have been in only two of these, and have learned from each them every time.

pweizer
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I have qualified for the NHC three times (including this coming year already). If you have specific questions, send me a PM and I will be happy to help.

Basically, you need to amass the largest bankroll over the two days. That does not mean the most winners. It means the most money. Accordingly, look for prices in every race. In a contest where you have a limited number of bets, you need to makle each one count. Remember, one 10-1 winner gets you the same money as five 2-1 shots.

Keep a close eye on the leaderboard and adjust accordingly.

Paul