PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Today

Scav
05-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Since I am on my 6th and final day of the racing binge, I figured I would post a couple horses that are running at Arlington today

Race 5

#4 Fabulosity (6/1 ML) - Third race off a long layoff and Graham/Good combo has been profitable

#8 Tokyo Storm (15/1 ML) - Fourth off the layoff and a horse that looks like she could wake up on the poly, which has been the story so far at Arlington this meet

Race 6

#4 Pitchnicholas (8/1 ML) - I will most likely be singling this horse up and down tickets today as Douglas gets aboard for Walder (who will tear up this meet) Back class and great last work

#9 American Thunder (12/1 ML) - A horse that has a shot at underneath exotics

Race 8

An absolute great betting race, regardless of surface. #3 Tom Archdeacon is a horse that a couple Arlington people played last out and got a horrible ride from Ferrer. Sterling jumps aboard and while this horse is a little slow TG wise, extremely playable IMO. I also think the #7 Awesome Hero has a shot to run extremely well along with #11 Navy Wings. Both are progressing well, TG wise. There looks to be enough speed in this race to keep Bullara honest, and speed doesn't normally do too well on the Arlington turf course.

Past Post
05-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Since I am on my 6th and final day of the racing binge, I figured I would post a couple horses that are running at Arlington today

Race 5

#4 Fabulosity (6/1 ML) - Third race off a long layoff and Graham/Good combo has been profitable

#8 Tokyo Storm (15/1 ML) - Fourth off the layoff and a horse that looks like she could wake up on the poly, which has been the story so far at Arlington this meet

Race 6

#4 Pitchnicholas (8/1 ML) - I will most likely be singling this horse up and down tickets today as Douglas gets aboard for Walder (who will tear up this meet) Back class and great last work

Race 8

An absolute great betting race, regardless of surface. #3 Tom Archdeacon is a horse that a couple Arlington people played last out and got a horrible ride from Ferrer. Sterling jumps aboard and while this horse is a little slow TG wise, extremely playable IMO. I also think the #7 Awesome Hero has a shot to run extremely well along with #11 Navy Wings. Both are progressing well, TG wise. There looks to be enough speed in this race to keep Bullara honest, and speed doesn't normally do too well on the Arlington turf course.

I bet you were around the track when Maxwell G. was running.And they were spinning out of the turn.:D Do you remember him ?

Scav
05-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I bet you were around the track when Maxwell G. was running.And they were spinning out of the turn.:D Do you remember him ?

How long ago? I am fairly young....

Past Post
05-28-2007, 10:33 AM
How long ago? I am fairly young....

Thats a long way back,the late 60's maybe.He was a 4000.00 claimer that ran until he was 14 years old and kept winnings.They named a street after him at half day road somewhere.That Richard Hazletons pet,no one would ever claim his horse.gl

Past Post
05-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Get a chance,go to Bob Chen's crab house.He owns horses.

Scav
05-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Thats a long way back,the late 60's maybe.He was a 4000.00 claimer that ran until he was 14 years old and kept winnings.They named a street after him at half day road somewhere.That Richard Hazletons pet,no one would ever claim his horse.gl

Hazelton still running with Silva and Barrow.

I am only 28 years old :)

ArlJim78
05-28-2007, 10:49 AM
In the fourth I would bet the 4 Ecellent Thunder with both fists.
Morning line says 9/2, anything close to that is stealing.

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-28-2007, 10:51 AM
bring back juvnal diaz.....

Past Post
05-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Used to have dealing's with him and Reveis about how to stiff a horse the right way.Tickets were flying in those days.:D

SentToStud
05-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Those were good days. I remember the early Spotsmans meet on the 5/8, Diaz cleaning up for Reavis. Reavis with the monster belt buckle walking around the joint with that car dealer owner (Marconi? sp?) in his shiny suits, big hair with the fresh $20 cigar.

Past Post
05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
How about Rick Evans,when they caught him with the buzzer device in his whip.Ha--ha !!

Past Post
05-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Those were good days. I remember the early Spotsmans meet on the 5/8, Diaz cleaning up for Reavis. Reavis with the monster belt buckle walking around the joint with that car dealer owner (Marconi? sp?) in his shiny suits, big hair with the fresh $20 cigar.

And the mad greek along side of him,waiting to get infor. from him on his horses.Yes,I do remember those days.Miss them.

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-28-2007, 11:15 AM
lol after getting beat on a 1-9 shot..stiff o ramm a i have him sighn my program..i say nice ride juvy..well joe cant win dem all...who ya like in the next race..de 1 and de 3 and 6 he says so i go wow really ..so ill box them thanks..hey says no.. it come in 1/3/6..and he walks off ..shure enough...1 5=1 3 12-1 6 5/2..cha ching..nice guy...

Past Post
05-28-2007, 11:18 AM
lol after getting beat on a 1-9 shot..stiff o ramm a i have him sighn my program..i say nice ride juvy..well joe cant win dem all...who ya like in the next race..de 1 and de 3 and 6 he says so i go wow really ..so ill box them thanks..hey says no.. it come in 1/3/6..and he walks off ..shure enough...1 5=1 3 12-1 6 5/2..cha ching..nice guy...

That little bastard was the best at cheating,NO DOUBT !!:eek:

golfer
05-28-2007, 01:17 PM

Race 5

Race 6

Race 8

Will add a couple of thoughts:

Race 6: Very wide open race, #1 Proud and Bold, 1st off the claim for Catalano, #7 Lacer, 8 year old making 2nd start off the layoff, can improve.

Race 7: #6 Don't Make Me Wait, comes off big fig 8 days ago, repeat should win.

Race 8: Your'e right about this being WIDE open..#2 Pirate Saint, stretches out and shifts to turf, seems to be bred to like it...#6 Lovango, coming off huge effort on dirt at Oaklawn, if that form translates to turf, this is your winner.

Race 9: #8 Sparkling Sabia, 2nd off the layoff , was better than these last year.

Race 10: #1 Our Little Tale, 2nd off the layoff, last was a troubled trip on poly.. good prep for today?

This is my first stab at Arlington, so take these opinions with for what they may be worth.

satan's twin
05-28-2007, 01:47 PM

I remember him well. He'd run dead last until the top of the turn and then come with a calvary charge to catch 'em at the wire, bad legs and all. $4000 claimers were his high end. Back then there were lots of $2500 and $3500 claiming races he ran in. If I remember correctly, Maxwell G won his 50th race when he was 13 years old. The 50th win was an automatic induction into the racing hall of fame but the frauds who ran that place got their noses out of joint because a cheap claimer didn't deserve to be there even though Maxwell qualified by their own rules. Dave Feldman wrote many articles railing
against the Hall of Fame for stiffing this horse and organized a letter writing campaign to get the organizers to pull their heads out of their asses and induct Maxwell G, which they never did.

cassie
05-28-2007, 02:48 PM
arl jim ihope you bet 4 horse in exotics nice payoff

PSH
05-28-2007, 02:55 PM
In the fourth I would bet the 4 Ecellent Thunder with both fists.
Morning line says 9/2, anything close to that is stealing.

9-5 not 9-2 but we will take it.

Thanks Jim.

Paul

ArlJim78
05-28-2007, 02:57 PM
arl jim ihope you bet 4 horse in exotics nice payoff

yeah I had it, win only. the price sure did plunge from the morning line.

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-28-2007, 03:00 PM
any one like the 11 here

ArlJim78
05-28-2007, 03:26 PM
In the sixth, I like the Six, Our Cat.

Bigsmc
05-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Race 5

Race 6

Race 8

Atta Boy Scavs.

cassie
05-28-2007, 04:48 PM
great pick on the 3 in the 8th couldnt get 2nd horse

Scav
05-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Atta Boy Scavs.

Smoked this race, had 100WP and the 2nd leg of a $5 pick three.....thank you bigs

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-28-2007, 05:02 PM
scav still hot

golfer
05-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Smoked this race, had 100WP and the 2nd leg of a $5 pick three.....thank you bigs
And if I'd have been smart enough to put my 2 and 6 with your winner, it would have equaled a $3000 Tri:mad:

Scav
05-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Today was another good day at Arlington. Went out there with $500 and was getting pissed when I got nipped in the 4th race (4 horse) so I put $100 WP on Tom Archdeacon and played a $5 pick three starting in race 6 (4,10/3,7,9,11/7,8), I leave the track and go home, and now I have to go back and cash another 3k...life is hard :)

Might just put $1500 WP on Vacare at Hollywood. think I am going to get every part of 2/1 maybe even 3/1 with Frankel having two in there. They are auto bets for alot of people. Think that Vacare smokes these....

disappearingdan_akaplaya
05-28-2007, 06:29 PM

lol his names frank mancari and reavis still walks around like that and trains horses 4 him

Past Post
05-28-2007, 07:07 PM
lol his names frank mancari and reavis still walks around like that and trains horses 4 him

Clifford Scott,Paul Dejean,Dan Swister,ring any bells ?:D

Past Post
05-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Scavs I really like that horse,on Ehorsex looking to get 2-1.Will fade 4-5 or less.