PDA

View Full Version : Calder - Memorial Day Handicap RACE 11

robfla
05-27-2007, 07:58 PM
ok- this worked with Trippi's Storm, so I'll test my luck again...

I'll be in my spot on the balcony on the 4th floor at Calder. It's one of the best places to watch a race. :D

Three horses want the lead in the Memorial Day Handicap and will ensure a solid pace ( unlike the Sumter May 5 - A prep for this G3 ) Siphon City, Too Many Toyz, and Rexson's Rose all NEED the lead. Rexson's Rose might even push a sub 46, which leads me to BIG LOVER ( 5-1 ML ) He stumbled at the start in the Sumter lagged behind a moderate pace and finished full of run. I'm using him in exacta boxes and Pick 4's. He is a solid play to finish 1st or 2nd. Hopefully ON TOP! and hopefully he can get first run on Dry Martini and Rehoboth.

Here is a link to free replays at Calder. Just select May 5 Race 11.

http://www.calderracecourse.com/videos/

Oh, by the way, he loves Calder and has the advantageous 1 post.

Good Luck and Happy Memorial Day

MISTERGEE
05-27-2007, 09:50 PM
right on, 4th floor at crc is a great vantage point
and fortunately or maybe unfortunately, very, very quiet

declansharbor
05-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Nice asessment. I will be playing BL on top of Rexson's Rose and others..RR keyed in ex and tri positions...BL will definitely be closing in on hotter fractions than he did in the Sumter, that's 4 sure.

SentToStud
05-28-2007, 07:34 AM

I'll be in my spot on the balcony on the 4th floor at Calder. It's one of the best places to watch a race. :D

Three horses want the lead in the Memorial Day Handicap and will ensure a solid pace ( unlike the Sumter May 5 - A prep for this G3 ) Siphon City, Too Many Toyz, and Rexson's Rose all NEED the lead. Rexson's Rose might even push a sub 46, which leads me to BIG LOVER ( 5-1 ML ) He stumbled at the start in the Sumter lagged behind a moderate pace and finished full of run. I'm using him in exacta boxes and Pick 4's. He is a solid play to finish 1st or 2nd. Hopefully ON TOP! and hopefully he can get first run on Dry Martini and Rehoboth.

I like Big Lover to run well today also but only if it's fast or on the fast side of good. The pace does look hot in this race. The biggest thing about the Sumter, imo, is how poorly Rehoboth ran there. But he was coming off a huge race and his work before that race was just awful. I can't see Rehoboth not running very well today.

Happy Memorial Day and good luck!

SentToStud
05-28-2007, 08:23 AM
If fast, starting in race 11:

robfla
05-28-2007, 08:41 AM
The biggest thing about the Sumter, imo, is how poorly Rehoboth ran

I totally agree! He got passed by BL after he got first run.

Maybe he needs a rest. He is sure to take money at the windows. Dry Martini is the one that worries me.

Here is my late p3

P3
RACE 11
1/3456/34789 = $20 LAST RACE SCRATCH #8/ ADD#1

13/3456/489 = $24 LAST RACE SCRATCH #8/ ADD#3

SentToStud
05-28-2007, 04:36 PM

With 5 mtp Big Lover is 11-1. Anything over 6-1 is really a big price. He's 4-1 in the last leg of the p-3 .

robfla
05-28-2007, 04:37 PM
With 5 mtp Big Lover is 11-1. Anything over 6-1 is really a big price. He's 4-1 in the last leg of the p-3 .

yea, he sure is dead in the win pool. not a good thing

robfla
05-28-2007, 04:43 PM
sorry to whoever followed me with Big Lover. I was dead wrong about the race except that i was worried about Dry Martini.

Dry Martini is the one that worries me.

Here is my late p3

P3
RACE 11
1/3456/34789 = $20 LAST RACE SCRATCH #8/ ADD#1

13/3456/489 = $24 LAST RACE SCRATCH #8/ ADD#3