PDA

View Full Version : Glavine vs Schilling

Gander
06-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Doesnt get any better than this.

Glavine is having a tremendous year, but lets see how he stacks up against a real lineup, especially while most of the Red Sox hitters are hot. Hes been shutting down pathetic lineups from the NL East. Going into Fenway while the Red Sox are on an 11 game win streak is quite another thing.

Did I mention Curt Schilling is pitching? Hes 12-5 vs the Mets all time, but this is a very good Mets team.

Fun. Hope its a better spectating event than the first 2 games were.

2 Dollar Bill
06-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Should be a good game..[espn tv ].. The sox's have been smokin the ball latelly and throwing good leather down. If the brooms are out tonight the mets will have a long ride back home. Like to see Shil go about 8 innings, 10 k's, 2 er, 5 hits, 0 walks.. and pass the ball over to Pap. to close out a 5-2 sox's win..[ Dont take this to vegas and bet it ...LOL ]

boldruler
06-29-2006, 11:59 AM
This series means so little to mets fans with the yankees series this weekend. I suspect Glavine will have a solid outing. I hated Schilling when he was with the Phillies but have loved him ever since he took out the Yankees in 2000 with Arizona. Watching that blown Rivera save in game 7 that year is one of the greatest moments of my life.

Gander
06-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Watching that blown Rivera save in game 7 that year is one of the greatest moments of my life.

Actually it was 2001 I believe and it was a great moment! Nice to see someone else finally win.

I dont think any Mets fan wants to see their team lose 3 in a row to any team, especially a high profile team like the Sox with so many people watching. 2 blowouts so far, it has to be sort of embrassing if they lose tonight. I dont care how big of a lead they have and a big reason they have such a huge lead is because the Red Sox took 9 straight off their weak division rivals the Nats, Braves and Phillies.

boldruler
06-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Watching that blown Rivera save in game 7 that year is one of the greatest moments of my life.

Actually it was 2001 I believe and it was a great moment! Nice to see someone else finally win.

I dont think any Mets fan wants to see their team lose 3 in a row to any team, especially a high profile team like the Sox with so many people watching. 2 blowouts so far, it has to be sort of embrassing if they lose tonight. I dont care how big of a lead they have and a big reason they have such a huge lead is because the Red Sox took 9 straight off their weak division rivals the Nats, Braves and Phillies.

Yeah, it was 2001. Who cares if they lose tonight. Who cares if they get swept this weekend by the Yankees. They are going to the playoffs and then they have to produce. Nobody remembers who wins in June. The only reason they play now is to get into the playoffs. The reason they have a huge lead has zero to do with the Red Sox. Those teams lose to everyone. They division is terrible. Hate to say this, but the Red Sox are going nowhere anyway. Nobody is beating the real Sox, in Chicago. Not even the Mets, unless of course we get DW for the Marlins, which isn't going to happen. The killer to the Mets though is our guy in Tampa, who with Pelfrey would have made up the best 1-2 in baseball for a decade. Last I checked, he has done a number on the Red Sox a couple times too. If we still had Kazmir we would be a dynasty.

Gander
06-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Last I checked Dontrelle Willis hasnt exactly been a world beater this year. I doubt very much he will put the Mets over the top.

I disagree, every Mets fan I know wants to see them win or at least be competitive against the top teams like the Red Sox and Yankees. The Mets play in the worst division in baseball and yet the Red Sox now have a better record than the Mets. There is not one team in the NL East the Mets have to play that is as good as either the Blue Jays or the Yankees. The Mets should win this division by 20 games, I agree.

boldruler
06-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Last I checked Dontrelle Willis hasnt exactly been a world beater this year. I doubt very much he will put the Mets over the top.

I disagree, every Mets fan I know wants to see them win or at least be competitive against the top teams like the Red Sox and Yankees. The Mets play in the worst division in baseball and yet the Red Sox now have a better record than the Mets. There is not one team in the NL East the Mets have to play that is as good as either the Blue Jays or the Yankees. The Mets should win this division by 20 games, I agree.

The Mets are not as good as the Red Sox. They are better than the Yankees though. The Mets could beat the Red Sox if they get another pitcher and if Pelfrey comes up. Without more pitching they have zero shot against the White Sox or Red Sox. DW has been fine this year. He has given up only 1 or 2 runs is 7 of his last 8 starts. I would trade Milledge in a second for DW.

Gander
06-29-2006, 01:59 PM
The Mets are not as good as the Red Sox.

Whhooa! I am bit surprised this came out. I am not sure if I agree or disagree. If both teams play their absolute best ball and Red Sox get home field advantage then I'd say yes, huge advantage Red Sox. But man its close.

I have to agree with you that the White Sox are the best team in baseball, then comes the Mets and Red Sox. Then the Tigers. After that its a matter of who gets hot at the right time. But I think the best 4 teams are the ones I mentioned.

boldruler
06-29-2006, 02:02 PM
The Mets are not as good as the Red Sox.

Whhooa! I am bit surprised this came out. I am not sure if I agree or disagree. If both teams play their absolute best ball and Red Sox get home field advantage then I'd say yes, huge advantage Red Sox. But man its close.

I have to agree with you that the White Sox are the best team in baseball, then comes the Mets and Red Sox. Then the Tigers. After that its a matter of who gets hot at the right time. But I think the best 4 teams are the ones I mentioned.

The Red Sox have a slight edge in pitching over the Mets, starting and relief. Wagner is just not what he should be. The Mets are also really young. The Mets have a huge advantage though over the AL teams in that the AL playoffs are going to be really difficult. The NL is terrible.

Gander
06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
The Mets cant stagger into the playoffs though. Its not like they are that superior where they can steamroll a team like the Cardinals or even the Astros, both of which always play their best baseball in August and September. I think they are the best team in the NL, but if a team like Cards or Astros correct their problems, they are no pushovers for the Mets, who like you said are very young and have no playoff experience.

boldruler
06-29-2006, 02:32 PM
The Mets cant stagger into the playoffs though. Its not like they are that superior where they can steamroll a team like the Cardinals or even the Astros, both of which always play their best baseball in August and September. I think they are the best team in the NL, but if a team like Cards or Astros correct their problems, they are no pushovers for the Mets, who like you said are very young and have no playoff experience.

This isn't the year the Mets win it all. Next year is. They are still too young. Pelfrey will be the #1 next year and they will ride him all the way.

Ok, maybe this is their year. We will see.

2 Dollar Bill
06-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Should be a good game..[espn tv ].. The sox's have been smokin the ball latelly and throwing good leather down. If the brooms are out tonight the mets will have a long ride back home. Like to see Shil go about 8 innings, 10 k's, 2 er, 5 hits, 0 walks.. and pass the ball over to Pap. to close out a 5-2 sox's win..[ Dont take this to vegas and bet it ...LOL ]

How close was I... sox's win 4-2.... Wish I could do this with a Million Dollar Pick 6. LOL