PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Race 3-Trippi's Storm

robfla
05-26-2007, 09:12 AM
TRIPPI'S STORM = 6-1 ML - His last race at GP in mid-April was one of the most visually impressive races I have seen.

Of course I realize that he is stepping up in class today and facing ALOT Better horses, but this one deserves a play at least in exotics, if not on top. Value is assured as he is facing Lemon Law, sure to go off at odds-on. However Lemon Law seems to have a habit of either just missing of just winning ( see the last four races - all noses ) so he is no lock.

I see this as a wide open affair and will use TRIPPI'S STORM in exacta boxes and in Pick 4's.

Good Luck to everyone today and have a happy and safe Holiday weekend

-Rob

hockey2315
05-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Yup i'm all over this one. . .

blackthroatedwind
05-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I think he's a trap. Visually impressive, yes, but against much worse. I guess at 8-1 he isn't a bad play but I'm pretty dubious of his chances.

Good luck.

robfla
05-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I think he's a trap. Visually impressive, yes, but against much worse. I guess at 8-1 he isn't a bad play but I'm pretty dubious of his chances.

Good luck.

Yes, I realize he was up against MUCH worse. But I also see vulnerabilities in the others, especially the favorite. Sure Lemon Law gets an advantageous jock switch imo. But he also should have won at least one of his last two where he was outgamed in the stretch

blackthroatedwind
05-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes, I realize he was up against MUCH worse. But I also see vulnerabilities in the others, especially the favorite. Sure Lemon Law gets an advantageous jock switch imo. But he also should have won at least one of his last two where he was outgamed in the stretch

There are no stars in here but doesn't the decided lack of pace really work against Trippi's Storm?

robfla
05-26-2007, 10:05 AM
There are no stars in here but doesn't the decided lack of pace really work against Trippi's Storm?

Yes, no doubt about the lack of pace. I guess Tiverton will inherit the lead? with Lemon Law sitting the trip. I also think that Trippi's Storm CAN be closer than the last two times he has raced. My feeling is that he was so much the best in his last two he could afford to let the cheap speed run off knowing that they would come back to the field and mow em down in the stretch. If you look at his dirt sprints he can be closer than he was last couple. his January 7f races he was rather close to a dawdling pace and also close to a fast pace ( jan 28 SONGSTER )

robfla
05-26-2007, 10:06 AM
and of course i am not saying he is a lock by any stretch ... just saying he has possibilities at a square price

blackthroatedwind
05-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I know you're not saying he's a lock.

I would be surprised if he's as effective with a slow pace when he's forced out of what has shown to be his best game. Plus, I am not sure he's that good.

robfla
05-26-2007, 10:13 AM
fair enough - and thank you for your insight, i value it.

GL

Spendabuck85
05-26-2007, 10:35 AM
NYRA website under changes has him listed as a gelding

hockey2315
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
NYRA website under changes has him listed as a gelding

Very interesting. . . Thanks!

the_fat_man
05-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I know you're not saying he's a lock.

I would be surprised if he's as effective with a slow pace when he's forced out of what has shown to be his best game. Plus, I am not sure he's that good.

Hard for me to gauge if this horse is any good. He had 2 'troubled' trips but they were both inside kind of trips and even when he lacked room he just kind of sucked along. However, in each case, when he found room he accelerated like a nice horse. Worth it at 8:1, I think.

-BT-
05-26-2007, 12:32 PM
the horse is definately on the up swing, but todays race is tough. Plus, expecting a horse to jump his 3rd straight condition in a row is a lot to ask for. I took a long look at him, but didn't end up using him in the PK4.

gl all

-bt-

i stand corrected, he was much the best today, congrats to all who had him

-bt-

Rudeboyelvis
05-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Nice call Rob!

Coach Pants
05-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Very imressive winner.

robfla
05-26-2007, 02:05 PM
TRIPPI'S STORM

I see this as a wide open affair and will use TRIPPI'S STORM in exacta boxes and in Pick 4's.

had a nice exacta and

alive to 5 horses in Pick 4's

hemaih
05-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Well done Robfla!

golfer
05-26-2007, 05:50 PM
He showed alot today.. there was no pace at all, just ran by everybody anyway, like I said last month, this is a horse to keep an eye on.

Scav
05-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Nice pick right here. I got smoked in this race

blackthroatedwind
05-26-2007, 06:36 PM
That was a terrific performance. I won't be surprised if he's competitive in stakes this year.

the_fat_man
05-26-2007, 06:46 PM
That was a terrific performance. I won't be surprised if he's competitive in stakes this year.

agree

were you out there today? was he washed out in the paddock?

blackthroatedwind
05-26-2007, 06:57 PM
agree

were you out there today? was he washed out in the paddock?

I was there but I stayed on my lazy ass in the box for that race.