PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Friday Night Pick Six (Carryovah)

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok i'm ready to talk about the card. Hope the rest of you are as well.

First off...

Third race-

Anyone think Double Trouble is vulnerable?

Bosset could give her all she can handle but her races so far in NA have been less than inspiring.

whodey17
05-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Pillow--use the search function.........

I guess you dont take your own advice....we are already talking about the carryover on another thread.

ateamstupid
05-24-2007, 08:05 PM

I guess you dont take your own advice....we are already talking about the carryover on another thread.

So what? It didn't have its own thread yet.

-BT-
05-24-2007, 08:06 PM

First off...

Third race-

Bosset could give her all she can handle but her races so far in NA have been less than inspiring.

R3)
7-5 ML on Double Trouble is a pretty tough number to swallow. Also, Talamo hops off to ride for Mandella on the #4 Princess Ezra (who i don't like) i find it hard to believe Frankel requested Blanc for this mount, b/c this one is on the poly and i'll take Talamo on the cush over Blanc all day.

R6) Extremely tough 50K claimers; im stuck

-bt-

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 08:07 PM

I did. There is no thread for 5/25. As to not mislead people who don't check the thursday thread for the friday thread, I figure it would be appropriate to have a thread for friday night's card.

Have a good day, sir.

whodey17
05-24-2007, 08:11 PM
So what? It didn't have its own thread yet.i was just giving you a hard time. I really dont care how many threads there are.

BT and Pillow- I agree with you on race 3. Frankel is in a HUGE slump. Really hard to take this horse on a short price.

whodey17
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
What do you guys think of the drop in class by Toms West in the 4th? That is a kind of the drop that I dont like to see by the connections. Seems like the gave up on the horse.

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
What do you guys think of the drop in class by Toms West in the 4th? That is a kind of the drop that I dont like to see by the connections. Seems like the gave up on the horse.
Well he was running for Maiden 32000 in the winter so it's really not that significant of a drop considering.

I don't like him one bit, however. Will probably be overbet due to Talamo.

I'm leaning toward leaving Gary John off the ticket as well. I'm liking Soul Work and Gotta Getcha.

whodey17
05-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Well he was running for Maiden 32000 in the winter so it's really not that significant of a drop considering.

I don't like him one bit, however. Will probably be overbet due to Talamo.

I'm leaning toward leaving Gary John off the ticket as well. I'm liking Soul Work and Gotta Getcha.Gary John was going to be one of my potential singles. He moves up in class just a tad but his last race was very impressive. Plus this group doesnt look that strong. But I agree with you on Gotta Getcha. I am willing to forgive her last race and I think she will run more like she did when she broke her maiden.

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Gary John was going to be one of my potential singles. He moves up in class just a tad but his last race was very impressive. Plus this group doesnt look that strong. But I agree with you on Gotta Getcha. I am willing to forgive her last race and I think she will run more like she did when she broke her maiden.
I haven't looked at the replays yet but i'm seeing a pattern off the pp's of Gary John giving in a little when he doesn't get the lead. I'm expecting Soul Work and Gotta Getcha to put some pressure on the favorite.

whodey17
05-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I haven't looked at the replays yet but i'm seeing a pattern off the pp's of Gary John giving in a little when he doesn't get the lead. I'm expecting Soul Work and Gotta Getcha to put some pressure on the favorite.Very good points.

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
This 5th race is impossible

Race 3
Race 4
Race 5
????
Race 6
Race 7
Race 8

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 09:07 PM
I've stil got Hemet Humor, Chocolate Lava, Hennessy Rose, Steelin' and Stop The Humor as possibles in the 5th. I would like to get it down to 3 so I can keep the ticket halfway reasonable. Hoping for at least one scratch out of these.

-BT-
05-24-2007, 09:50 PM
I've stil got Hemet Humor, Chocolate Lava, Hennessy Rose, Steelin' and Stop The Humor as possibles in the 5th. I would like to get it down to 3 so I can keep the ticket halfway reasonable. Hoping for at least one scratch out of these.

both the 5th and 6th are tough, you wanna go deep but there is not many or any singles on this card

5th)
Steelin'
Stop The Humor
Hennessy Rose
Likely A Star
Chocolate Lava / Kula Girl

I plan on going at least 4 deep in this race. I liked Hemet Humor, has had nothing but solid works since being put on the shelf last summer but you gotta draw a line in the sand or else your ticket will get out of control

-bt-

philcski
05-24-2007, 10:08 PM
I think the single is in the last leg, the 4. Drops from a much much tougher spot with a couple maintenance works, keeps Flores, and is just 4-5 lengths faster than any of these.

If I can find one more single, I'm playing this thing.

Scav
05-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I think the single is in the last leg, the 4. Drops from a much much tougher spot with a couple maintenance works, keeps Flores, and is just 4-5 lengths faster than any of these.

If I can find one more single, I'm playing this thing.

Yep....I am stuck on him, only others I am concerned about are the 2 and 5. 5 on the trainer change and the 2 ran well last out, obviously has health issues.

In the 6th I love Chocolate Lava. The 3rd and 4th are the ones that are causing me all sorts of problems

whodey17
05-24-2007, 10:14 PM

If I can find one more single, I'm playing this thing.I agree 100%. And looking at this pick 6 sequence, I feel more confortable with a single in the last leg than any other leg. If I am alive going into the last leg then I can live with the 4.

philcski
05-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Yep....I am stuck on him, only others I am concerned about are the 2 and 5. 5 on the trainer change and the 2 ran well last out, obviously has health issues.

In the 6th I love Chocolate Lava. The 3rd and 4th are the ones that are causing me all sorts of problems

The 2 is a bum. I remember this guy from last year @ Bel, any horse trained by Frankel that debuts at Philly and then gets beat 8 lengths by freakin' Johnny Spreadsheet is destined for Mountaineer 10k MCL's. In the SA race they were blazing up front and he got a perfect setup to clunk up, got beat by a horse who was 5-6 wide on the turn.

Becerra isn't too good off the layoffs, but of course Talamo scares the sh!t out of me.

declansharbor
05-24-2007, 10:24 PM

Has she raced since the Magnificience maiden? She went up against some tough cookies last two. Gotta like her here.

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 10:28 PM
I think Nakatani can get the hat trick (5,6,7).

I agree with Phil that the 4 will be tough in the finale BUT Son Montuno scares the sh.it out of me. Especially when you consider Lobo's ROI at the meet.

docicu3
05-25-2007, 12:43 AM
All right I am half done so far....

Race 3 1,2,3

Race 4 2,3,4

Race 5 5,6,8,9

Race 6 1,5,7

Race 7 1,4

Race 8 4,10

Will split into 3 tickets in ABC form but this is this is the first cut.

Potential singles.

Race 3 #3 Double trouble

Race 4 #3 Gary John

Race 5 #6 Chocalate Lava

Race 6 #7 Brooker

Race 7 No single

Race 8 #4 Social Satire

I am interested in what the real 'cappers here have to offer on races 6,7 as those are the most competitive.

Race 5 has 4-5 contenders and land mines in several of the firsters but that is always the case with MSW as well turf sprints, together the form is very difficult to forcast, so you take your shots and hit your knees to pray no act of God appears to steal it away....

Scav
05-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Couple of things

1) I think the pool is going to be especially large today for only a 100k carryover, my guess is 1.3 or 1.5 million. Friday night tends to have alot of stupid money because we have nothing to do but unload on Hollywood, plus beer or other vices kick in and you start betting Bill Antongiogio.

2) The sequence is harder then it looks on paper, that first race can/will cause alot of problems, especially if Frankel's horse doesn't run well, he is the slowest in the race, yet 7/5 ML

3) I'll be playing tonight, a $600 ticket. I think this thing could pay, especially if you can beat the 4 in the last race, which I am going to mull over today. There won't be enough sharks in the pool yet so two bombs on a large ticket and you will have a shot at some serious cash

More to come on the card later

Coach Pants
05-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Couple of things

1) I think the pool is going to be especially large today for only a 100k carryover, my guess is 1.3 or 1.5 million. Friday night tends to have alot of stupid money because we have nothing to do but unload on Hollywood, plus beer or other vices kick in and you start betting Bill Antongiogio.

2) The sequence is harder then it looks on paper, that first race can/will cause alot of problems, especially if Frankel's horse doesn't run well, he is the slowest in the race, yet 7/5 ML

3) I'll be playing tonight, a $600 ticket. I think this thing could pay, especially if you can beat the 4 in the last race, which I am going to mull over today. There won't be enough sharks in the pool yet so two bombs on a large ticket and you will have a shot at some serious cash

I agree on all points. Frankel's horse is a crazy 7/5 favorite.

I'll be back later tonight to post my ticket.

philcski
05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Some thoughts on R5:
1: works ok, trainer good on grass but poor FTS record, excluding
2: works average but sold for $85k as a 2YO in training, all speed, turf breeding mediocre but likely has speed and trainer going well; backup ticket
3: below average works, trainer poor with FTS, pass
4: 4/5 last year on this course, probably needed the race or didn't care for the cushiontrack, talamo on, using
5: working extremely well for seasonal debut, long layoff a big ?, best effort a route, o'neill going very poorly this meet, pass
6: has excellent :45 speed, battled magnficience then bombed on the cushiontrack, should find herself in a perfect spot turning for home, must use
7: working fantastic, trainer terrible with FTS but a stunning pedigree for this trip, also a must use
8: another who has shown quite a bit of ability thus far, probably should have made up more ground in the lane last out but note distance back to 3rd (8 1/4)
9: bombed on the cushion, two decent races at this trip but how many chances do you get? Pass
11: 500k syndicate purchase has shown little other than 1/4 mile speed, pace early? Pass
12: horrific post, good breeding for this trip, blinks go on, tough call, backup ticket if possible

I really like the 7's breeding for this event and works. If the trainer had ANY ability with firsters I'd make a balls single with her.

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I agree on all points. Frankel's horse is a crazy 7/5 favorite.

I'll be back later tonight to post my ticket.

That horse was the fav first time out against the likes of Charm the Giant and other top turf horses. 7/5 is more then you are gonna get at post time. Now, I agree he is not the best single on the card but there really isnt a lot in this race. Maybe use the 1 also?

Love Lucky Vegas in the 4th, but have to use 3 in there. Tread lightly with Gary John.....that was a 4 horse field last time out and he is cutting back to 6f.

Scav
05-25-2007, 09:59 AM
That horse was the fav first time out against the likes of Charm the Giant and other top turf horses. 7/5 is more then you are gonna get at post time. Now, I agree he is not the best single on the card but there really isnt a lot in this race. Maybe use the 1 also?

Love Lucky Vegas in the 4th, but have to use 3 in there. Tread lightly with Gary John.....that was a 4 horse field last time out and he is cutting back to 6f.

Thank you for pointing that out. I just relooked and she is a single. Horse was off for 7 months and while Frankel wins with layoff horses, they almost always improve 2nd off the shelf. I worry about how cold he has been but maybe this is lock city and he is looking for a picture.

I also do not like Gary John, 8 days after a monster number, no thank you. A horse I just found as a possible use is Via Rodeo in the last. Horse needed a strong closer and Blanc gets aboard, bullet last work also.

Bigsmc
05-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I'll be here later with my thoughts. Work is killing me, haven't even cracked the form yet. I also have a 3hr drive home ahead of me.

Luckily I have lots of time with the first post at 11pm Eastern.

Scav
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Couple of things

Also, if I hit this bitch tonight, I am claiming a horse Saturday/Sunday at Arlington :)

philcski
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Thank you for pointing that out. I just relooked and she is a single. Horse was off for 7 months and while Frankel wins with layoff horses, they almost always improve 2nd off the shelf. I worry about how cold he has been but maybe this is lock city and he is looking for a picture.

I also do not like Gary John, 8 days after a monster number, no thank you. A horse I just found as a possible use is Via Rodeo in the last. Horse needed a strong closer and Blanc gets aboard, bullet last work also.

She's thrown some races that are good enough to win this, but how many chances do you get? At 0-18 and 6 straight losses at this level I'm inclined to stand against.

Gary John scares me both ways. I CANNOT single this horse, yet I can't throw him out either because if he is able to pair the last race he destroys this group. I don't like Gotta Getcha at ALL, whose one win (and good performance) was a garden trip odds on at 5.5F. I guess Soul Work has the most upside of these as he's lightly raced but the last, against similar, doesn't inspire confidence.

whodey17
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I am sitting this pick 6 out. The card looks tough and there is going to be a $1mm dollar pick 6 on Monday. But good luck to those who are playing this tonight.

Scav
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I am sitting this pick 6 out. The card looks tough and there is going to be a $1mm dollar pick 6 on Monday. But good luck to those who are playing this tonight.

Play both, you won $4k last night..

UNLOAD MY FRIEND, UNLOAD

Pedigree Ann
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM

First off...

Third race-

What's wrong with Fun Logic on the Cushion? Two starts, a win and a second to Cushion monster Cantabria. One can't assume that every turf horse will take to AW (Poly, Cushion, Tapeta, etc) or that every AW horse will take to turf. Frankel went through a spell at Saratoga a couple of years ago where he had numbers like this for a time - virus in the barn?

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Fun Logic is, well, Logical......two times on the cushion were pretty good. I assume she is not the horse of Double Trouble but it is possible as she looks to get a good trip. I cant figure out why Blanc is up for Frankel, nor do I think Double Trouble is a true speed horse.....alot of x factors.

By far the toughest race to figure out is the MSW turf 6f event. Wow....could go obvious, but some of the firsters are interesting.

Scav
05-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Fun Logic is, well, Logical......two times on the cushion were pretty good. I assume she is not the horse of Double Trouble but it is possible as she looks to get a good trip. I cant figure out why Blanc is up for Frankel, nor do I think Double Trouble is a true speed horse.....alot of x factors.

By far the toughest race to figure out is the MSW turf 6f event. Wow....could go obvious, but some of the firsters are interesting.

Root, I think that race is as easy as 6-7-8....I want to single the 6 but would rather toss those two in as precautionary, the 12 maybe, with the bottom side breeding

Scav
05-25-2007, 12:09 PM

I think that I'll know exactly what I am doing with DT after I watch the replay. I want to see if he was a run away speed horse or just a horse that inheriated the lead because she was fresh. I think Blanc gets a perfect trip here off the 5, who is playable given his TG but trip wise, DT should get a perfect trip

docicu3
05-25-2007, 12:11 PM
It bothers me that Talamo jumped off Double Trouble. Wouldn't you think the kid would want future rides from the Frankel barn? Does Mandella have that much juice with this kid or did Joe see something he didn't like.......horse had nada in the tank the last quarter and albeit it was a stakes race the horse didn't seem to run like his foreign wins.

Why would Talamo take a mount from an inferior horse???

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 12:25 PM
My guess is that the connections, probably owners, didnt like the way he was on the lead in that last race they opted to go elsewhere....I do not think it was Talamos call. He and Frankel were joined at the hip winning at a 50% clip for a while at the FG and at Santa Anita so it is rather strange.

Scav
05-25-2007, 12:46 PM
It bothers me that Talamo jumped off Double Trouble. Wouldn't you think the kid would want future rides from the Frankel barn? Does Mandella have that much juice with this kid or did Joe see something he didn't like.......horse had nada in the tank the last quarter and albeit it was a stakes race the horse didn't seem to run like his foreign wins.

Why would Talamo take a mount from an inferior horse???

Agree, but Talamo might not be making decisions, and could have some sort of agreement in that if you ride this horse, you get to ride so and so in the future. That alone is the one reason I want to use all

Late Fires
05-25-2007, 02:25 PM
What's the consensus on the 7th? 4-Super Strut and 2-Running Free have the back class, but you have to go back over a year to find a win for either, and does either want the added distance? (Mulhall says that Running Free doesn't, which is a scary sign, while Dollase claims that Super Strut does.) Any chance that 5-Ring of Friendship gets an uncontested lead and wires the field to improve to 2 for 2 at a mile and a half?

Scav
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
What's the consensus on the 7th? 4-Super Strut and 2-Running Free have the back class, but you have to go back over a year to find a win for either, and does either want the added distance? (Mulhall says that Running Free doesn't, which is a scary sign, while Dollase claims that Super Strut does.) Any chance that 5-Ring of Friendship gets an uncontested lead and wires the field to improve to 2 for 2 at a mile and a half?

Those are the only two I am using, 2 and 4

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 02:53 PM
when and where did Mulhall say Running Free didnt want the 1.5M? I thought the same thing about Ring, LONE speed.....

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Scavs....what do you got for the TG sheets for that race?

Also, does Brooker stand out in the TG the way he does on the Bris form?

thanks

Late Fires
05-25-2007, 02:57 PM
The quote's in this article, Root:

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=25604

Ring does appear to be lone speed and the lone winner at the distance, but wheeling back in two weeks scares me

Late Fires
05-25-2007, 02:58 PM
And I'm still learning the TG sheets, but it does appear that Brooker stands out if he can pair his top.

Scav
05-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Scavs....what do you got for the TG sheets for that race?

Also, does Brooker stand out in the TG the way he does on the Bris form?

thanks

Ring is no where near the numbers that the 2 and 4 have been running. I would consider singling the 4 but I just can't. I don't like anyone else in that race. Another thing is I had going more then 2 deep in a 5 horse race, just think I can handicap good enough and project the race to get it down to two horses, and those horses should finish 1-2.....obviously it doesn't happen that way but these races, for me at least, it works best for me to literally run the race through my head and I actually draw an oval and put where I think each horse will be at start and end of each turn.....

Yes Brooker does stand out BUT I think it is a race where there are a couple that could run lights out, like the 8...I am 1,6,7,8 in that race

Scav
05-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Here is the official ticket for tonight

3: 3
4: 2,3,4,7
5: 6,7,8
6: 1,4,6,7,8
7: 4
8: 4,5,9,10

$480

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Ring is no where near the numbers that the 2 and 4 have been running. I would consider singling the 4 but I just can't. I don't like anyone else in that race. Another thing is I had going more then 2 deep in a 5 horse race, just think I can handicap good enough and project the race to get it down to two horses, and those horses should finish 1-2.....obviously it doesn't happen that way but these races, for me at least, it works best for me to literally run the race through my head and I actually draw an oval and put where I think each horse will be at start and end of each turn.....

Yes Brooker does stand out BUT I think it is a race where there are a couple that could run lights out, like the 8...I am 1,6,7,8 in that race

I am scared of the 8, he did comeback into a tough race down the hill at SA....I am torn between using the 8 or the 2..........

Scav
05-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I am scared of the 8, he did comeback into a tough race down the hill at SA....I am torn between using the 8 or the 2..........

2 was a last cut for me, Mullins hasn't been that hot....

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Undecided if I am playing it

4: 1,3,5,7
6: 1,6,7,8
7: 2,4
8: 4,5,9

$576

I like that ticket.....deeper then I am thinking the 8th....and I am still not sure I am singling the 3 in the 3rd.....might use the 1 also. The 5th scares me...if any first timers can run that one could be wide open

Late Fires
05-25-2007, 03:10 PM
To me, the 6 in the 5th race, the 7 in the 6th race and the 4 in the last race all seemed like possible singles (albeit scary ones). I was thinking about playing one ticket with those singled and the other races deep:

1,2,3,4,5/1,2,3,5,7/6/7/1,2,4,5/4 = $200

And a backup with a little more coverage in some of the races I singled in the first ticket:

1,3/3/2,6,7,8/5,6,7/4/4,10 = $96

Of course, I probably have these poorly organized, leading to 5 out of 6, like I did on Wednesday, so help is always appreciated.

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 03:11 PM
The quote's in this article, Root:

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=25604

Ring does appear to be lone speed and the lone winner at the distance, but wheeling back in two weeks scares me

WOW.........that is telling....

Scav
05-25-2007, 03:12 PM
I like that ticket.....deeper then I am thinking the 8th....and I am still not sure I am singling the 3 in the 3rd.....might use the 1 also. The 5th scares me...if any first timers can run that one could be wide open

The TG numbers on the 6 and 8 LAY over what any of these horses are likely to run first out, which is why I am that way. I think the 7 could pop, and honestly, would rather not use her, but I have the cash so what the hell.....

Late Fires
05-25-2007, 03:13 PM
WOW.........that is telling....

Yep, Free Thinking was my top choice until I saw that (just don't like Super Strut all that much, but he seems like the tallest midget now).

Scav
05-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Yep, Free Thinking was my top choice until I saw that (just don't like Super Strut all that much, but he seems like the tallest midget now).

I agree, I am tossing him, that is crap....

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Here is where I am so far

3)1,3
4)2,3,7
5)3,6,7,8,9
6)2,6,7
7)1,4
8)4
$360

Second Ticket
3)3
4)2,7
5)1,3,4,6,7,8,9
6)6,7
7)4
8)4
$56

Coach Pants
05-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I cannot use Running Free. Outstanding record over the surface BUT It looks like his best days are behind him. 0 for 9 the past two years.

If anyone in the race can upset, it definitely is Stephen Bruce. I just don't see him relishing the extra distance.

I'm sticking with Super Strut, who has been on a dry spell as well. The addition of Nakatani and the Dollase barn catching fire this meet force me to use this one as a single and hope like hell he comes through.

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-25-2007, 05:38 PM
ill take a stab thou my head is not really in it ..

race 3 2/3/5

race 4 1/5/7

race 5 3,6,8

race 6 7

race 8 5

race 9 2/9/10 good luck h

ArlJim78
05-25-2007, 05:47 PM
here we go,

Race 3) 3
Race 4) 2 3
Race 5) 2 6 8
Race 6) 2 4 6 7
Race 7) 2 4
Race 8) 4 10

$192

Bigsmc
05-25-2007, 06:04 PM
I think Nakatani can get the hat trick (5,6,7).

I agree with Phil that the 4 will be tough in the finale BUT Son Montuno scares the sh.it out of me. Especially when you consider Lobo's ROI at the meet.

I'm not leaving him off.

Bigsmc
05-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Okay, here we go.....

Race 3
2 - Bosset
3 - Double Trouble

Race 4
2 - Tom West
3 - Gary John
4 - Soul Work

Race 5
2 - Kula Girl
6 - Chocolate Lava

Race 6
6 - Datticus
7 - Brooker

Race 7
4 - Super Strut

Race 8
3 - Beware (Yes Scav, Osman Cedeno on my ticket again).
4 - Social Satire
10 - Son Motuno

2 x 3 x 2 x 2 x 1 x 3 = $72 x $2 = $144

Coach Pants
05-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Ok here is my El Cheapo ticket. Still deciding if I want to play my serious ticket or not. Leaning against due to my confidence in the sequence and the $1 guarantee on Monday.

Bigsmc
05-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Ok here is my El Cheapo ticket. Still deciding if I want to play my serious ticket or not. Leaning against due to my confidence in the sequence and the $1 guarantee on Monday.

Good luck PP, Friday nights have not treated me well so far this meet, so I am focusing on Monday too.

NTamm1215
05-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Here's a little analysis to go on with the ticket. To be quite honest with all of you I'm a bit more intrigued by the late Pick 4 especially if a lot of tickets are knocked out in races 3 and 4, meaning a bunch of money will get poured into the late 4. You could end up seeing a 1.5 mil pool in the PK6 and 500k in the PK4. I just hope one of us can tag something big again.

RACE 3

I think this is a three horse race and its quite conceivable that Frankel's horse gets downed. I have every reason to think BOSSET will fire a big shot in here. Improved figure last time out and seems to have an affinity for the Cushion Track. She should work out a nice trip should THRILL AFTER DARK get aggressive early. I also have a soft spot for FUN LOGIC after hitting her last year and I think she fits nicely into the race. Her late kick will be flattered by what I'm thinking should be honest fractions.
USE: 1,2,3- $3.60

RACE 4

While a repeat effort of GARY JOHN's last race wins this for fun, I'm unsure whether we'll see that. He's getting help on my ticket. I'm using GOTTA GETCHA who should improve considerably off an abysmal performance last time. I'm also giving a chance to TOM WEST not only because he's dropping in class but also because the turnback in distance could make him powerful in the stretch with the bug boy.
USE: 2,3,5- $19.20

RACE 5

Absolutely wide-open race. I think the fave goes off maybe 3-1 in here and it is easily the "make or break" race in the sequence. I love STEELIN' mostly because of his pedigree for the lawn. While Orientate is not the best sire ever, the Carson City on the dam side is very positive. Dollase is also white-hot at the meet and is a must-use in here. I like firster HENNESSY ROSE and CHOCOLATE LAVA, the latter because of what I think was a terrible ride last time and the former because of sneaky good turf breeding and a trainer who's not the best around but can pop with a debut runner.
USE: 6,7,8

RACE 6

Despite being a wide-open race I think it's BROOKER's to lose. His figs tower over this talented bunch and I'm going to use him and WIND WATER who might get a nice trip behind the speed breaking from the rail. Could have been the winner last time had he not spotted the front-runners lengths right from the opening bell. He ended up switching out for the stretch drive and cutting into the winner's edge with each stride.
USE: 1,7

RACE 7

The single has to come somewhere and it's gonna be SUPER STRUT for me. He is really the only horse who has an edge going the distance because RING OF FRIENDSHIP is so clearly not the horse who wired the Cal Cup Starter Handicap in 2004. Hopefully that one will set a good pace and Nakatani can shake out of his current funk to win the Quicken Tree.
USE: 4

RACE 8

SOCIAL SATIRE absolutely should not lose but I learned a long time ago that no one can pop with a price better than Paulo Lobo. SON MONTUNO should be wound much tighter for start #3 than he was for either of his first two. His outside post could allow for a nice stalking trip and a surprise in the nightcap.
USE: 4,10

THE TICKET: 1,2,3/2,3,5/6,7,8/1,7/4/4,10

TOTAL: $216

I may spend a bit less in the Pick 4 but cover more bases. Here's a ticket for that:

TOTAL: $72

Hopefully it'll be a Friday night under the lights to remember for $288.

Good luck to all and let's do our best to make sure many DTers take down the Holly Pick 6 in one week!

NT

Coach Pants
05-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Good luck PP, Friday nights have not treated me well so far this meet, so I am focusing on Monday too.
Good luck to you too, Bigs.

pmacdaddy
05-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Looking to play small ticket for Fri night action.

Hope you don't mind, but I am looking at somewhat of a Bigsmc/Scavs/Roots (Short Ticket) overlap play. Didn't really look at HOL. Probably better than I could do anyway...

3 / 2,4,7 / 6,7 / 6,7 / 4 / 4,5,9
$72

Good Luck!!

Scav
05-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I might be including Cedeno also. Lobo has been untouchable this meet

UM NO....the 10 is who I was talking about. Keep on betting Cedeno. Dig me up when he wins a race

-BT-
05-25-2007, 08:37 PM
R3) PK6

3/34/46789/1467/24/49 = $320

23/34/678/1/4/4 = $24

13/35/68/7/24/4 = $32

2/45/78/16/2/49 = $32

gl to all who play tonights PK6

-bt-

Scav
05-25-2007, 08:42 PM
4: 2,3,4,7

$480

3: 3 = 3 = $3.60
4: 2,3,4,7 = **** - I didn't like the 3 and got sucked into him

docicu3
05-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Final ticket

3 1,3 (2,5) B ticket

4 2,3,7

5 2,6,8,10

6 2,6,7

7 1 (4) B ticket

8 4,6,10

Good luck all

Scav
05-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Good luck to all tonight....LETS GET IT DONE

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 09:51 PM
final tickets

3)3
4)2,3,7
5)3,6,7,8,11
6)2,6,7
7)2,4
8)4,9
$360

3)1
4)2,7
5)1,4,6,7,8,9
6)7
7)1,4
8)4
$48

Scav
05-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Tell you right now, if we can beat this 3 in the next race, this thing could PAY

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 10:01 PM
in which race? the 4th? My top selection is the 7 in the 4th...I do not like the 4, but he scares me enough to use him

pgardn
05-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Heart in throat for a bit there boys.
Alive. Good to be alive.

-BT-
05-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Brice was pretty confident half way down the lane didn't see him use the stick once, he was a lot more confident then i was about getting that 3-5 shot home...... all who's in, let's keep rolling!

-bt-

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 10:16 PM
My guess is that the connections, probably owners, didnt like the way he was on the lead in that last race they opted to go elsewhere....I do not think it was Talamos call. He and Frankel were joined at the hip winning at a 50% clip for a while at the FG and at Santa Anita so it is rather strange.

I think this was right.....Blanc was up to bring him from off the pace. AH, Blanc just said Bobby was upset with the fact she was on the lead last time out.............So, I was right

Scav
05-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I think this was right.....Blanc was up to bring him from off the pace. AH, Blanc just said Bobby was upset with the fact she was on the lead last time out.............So, I was right

Root, look at the quote from above. I HAD THIS FRIGGIN 5 horse....****

philcski
05-25-2007, 10:38 PM
now that baze fuc'd my tickets, here's what it was:
1,2,3/3/2,4,6,7,8,12/1,7/4,5/4
3/4/6,7,8/1,7/4,5/4
3/3,4/6,7,8/2,3,6/4,5/4
3/3,4/6,7,8/1,7/1,2/4

Coach Pants
05-25-2007, 10:39 PM
I tossed the ****in 5 and was using him on my initial ticket. SOB me.

Scav
05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I tossed the ****in 5 and was using him on my initial ticket. SOB me.

I am in that club now....such an idiot I am

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 10:56 PM
me to, I was gonna use the 2,5,7 and the 3 scared me enough to swap the 5 out......CRAPPPPPPPPPPPP

try to get my $ back in the pk4

5)2,6,7,8,11,12
6)1,2,6,7
7)1,2,4
8)4,9

Coach Pants
05-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Well might as well play the pick 4

docicu3
05-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Is there anybody still alive in this bloodbath???

Coach Pants
05-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Well I would've been if I had stuck with my initial picks as can be witnessed in this thread. Just the nightmare that is my wagering decisions.

Rootdog1
05-25-2007, 11:43 PM
blood bath for me tonight

any chance of a double carry? Need the 1 here and someone other then the 4 in the 8th

Bigsmc
05-26-2007, 05:56 AM

Friday night Holly cards have been the death of me. I need to leave my computer off.