PDA

View Full Version : OTB Nite!

FlBred
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Heading to the OTB (Dania Jai alai) with some buddys in from out of town tonite. We usually drink some beers, and fool around playing Penn,Evang, Lone and Mountaineer. If anyone has any live ones please feel free to share!

Thanks

robfla
05-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Dania Jai Alai?

Why not Calder or Hollywood Dogs or Pompano. Haven't been to Dania in a while but from the last time i was there it is a pretty sad place.

Used to love to go there Fri. nights for Hollywood 10p.m. posts but it just got to be a depressing place so I go to CRC now. ( turf club - no jeans allowed on live race days )

Good Luck - and be careful of the tellers, especially the ones in the "cellar" they will rob you every chance they get.

FlBred
05-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Dania Jai Alai?

Why not Calder or Hollywood Dogs or Pompano. Haven't been to Dania in a while but from the last time i was there it is a pretty sad place.

Used to love to go there Fri. nights for Hollywood 10p.m. posts but it just got to be a depressing place so I go to CRC now. ( turf club - no jeans allowed on live race days )

Good Luck - and be careful of the tellers, especially the ones in the "cellar" they will rob you every chance they get.

Friends from out of town find the jai alai exciting since they had never heard of it or seen it until a couple of years ago. They are from Arizona, no jai alai there. Just something different for them, I would MUCH prefer the dog track. Never use the tellers, only self bet machines. Some real characters in that place

philcski
05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Dania Jai Alai!
Damn that brings back some memories. Used to go there with my grandmother. She'd drop us off at the go-kart joint right by there then hit that place, then pick us up mid-card. What a weird place!!

NTamm1215
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I have a friend whose horse is in the 6th at Lone Star...her name is Enchanted Landing, she's the #4 horse. I don't have a Racing Form or anything but I know that she shows up just about every time out and is as good on dirt as she is on turf. That might be one you and your buddies can throw a few bucks on. Good luck!

NT

FlBred
05-24-2007, 02:20 PM
I have a friend whose horse is in the 7th at Lone Star...her name is Enchanted Landing, she's the #4 horse. I don't have a Racing Form or anything but I know that she shows up just about every time out and is as good on dirt as she is on turf. That might be one you and your buddies can throw a few bucks on. Good luck!

NT

Thanks Bro! Will definitely have a few bucks on her.

FlBred
05-24-2007, 02:30 PM
I have a friend whose horse is in the 7th at Lone Star...her name is Enchanted Landing, she's the #4 horse. I don't have a Racing Form or anything but I know that she shows up just about every time out and is as good on dirt as she is on turf. That might be one you and your buddies can throw a few bucks on. Good luck!

NT

She is actually in the 6th, I just checked the entries....but she is in, that all that matters.