View Full Version : US Womens Open

GPK
06-29-2006, 04:32 AM
my first bet of the week...

1st round Match Up

I am taking Britanny Lang at +200 vs. Michelle Wie

GPK
06-29-2006, 04:35 AM
seriously thinking of taking Gulbis at +215 vs. Sorenstam in a 1st round matchup...but will wait and see.

GPK
06-29-2006, 04:38 AM
seriously thinking of taking Gulbis at +215 vs. Sorenstam in a 1st round matchup...but will wait and see.

Ok...I waited 2 minutes....I took that bet too.

I got Lang for $26.52 to win $53.04
I got Gulbis for $25 to win $53.75

SentToStud
06-29-2006, 04:48 AM
Ok...I waited 2 minutes....I took that bet too.

I got Lang for $26.52 to win $53.04
I got Gulbis for $25 to win $53.75

those look like good ones, kevin.

how they running for you?

GPK
06-29-2006, 05:28 AM
those look like good ones, kevin.

how they running for you?

Hey B.

They are running okay. I caught Smithtown Road in the 3rd at Churchill yesterday, but thought of you right away because I should have wheeled him in an exacta bet and didnt do it. Ex paid $345 for $2.

Trust you had a good 39th birthday a few days ago..:eek: :eek:

SentToStud
06-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Hey B.

They are running okay. I caught Smithtown Road in the 3rd at Churchill yesterday, but thought of you right away because I should have wheeled him in an exacta bet and didnt do it. Ex paid $345 for $2.

Trust you had a good 39th birthday a few days ago..:eek: :eek:

I had a bit of Smithtown too! Same move as last year TBD to CD. Bit of a layoff and cut-back this time, but a worthy play at $53! I missed the ex there, but managed a good day. Never underestimate the power of the Big Sandy!

GPK
06-29-2006, 08:23 AM
I had a bit of Smithtown too! Same move as last year TBD to CD. Bit of a layoff and cut-back this time, but a worthy play at $53! I missed the ex there, but managed a good day. Never underestimate the power of the Big Sandy!

Told the guys sitting with me to just throw out his TBD races from earlier in the year. Toss those and he was the best in the race. I tried to explain to them that some horses just hate the surface at Tampa. Needless to say they refused to believe me. The looks of:eek: :eek: on their faces after he wins at 25-1 was much more pleasing than the small win bet I had on him.:cool:

Gander
06-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Kev- You should have just threw $40 or $50 on that horse and gotten out of there. Sounds like the angle you had per the odds the horse went off at were a once in a great while opportunity. You cant let those get away. If your horse loses, big deal, you just dont bet for a couple of races.

Horse racing use to offer much more value before you were into it, before all this state of the art info was made so easily available. Now its really hard to find opportunities like the one you had yesterday. Horses that are solid plays that use to go off at 8/1 -10/1 are now going off at 4/1.

GPK
06-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Kev- You should have just threw $40 or $50 on that horse and gotten out of there. Sounds like the angle you had per the odds the horse went off at were a once in a great while opportunity. You cant let those get away. If your horse loses, big deal, you just dont bet for a couple of races.

Horse racing use to offer much more value before you were into it, before all this state of the art info was made so easily available. Now its really hard to find opportunities like the one you had yesterday. Horses that are solid plays that use to go off at 8/1 -10/1 are now going off at 4/1.

I know Tim...but you know I am not the most intelligent bettor in the world. Hindsight is 20/20

Gander
06-29-2006, 10:52 AM
And I may be the world's dumbest, which is why I am limiting my action to few and far between. I tend not to enjoy it when I dont have money that I can just blow. And that wont be for a very long time. I figure there is always something to buy more worthwhile than sweating out bad beats.

Every horse I have liked that has won lately has been a shorter price than he/she "should have been". Its a shame the value is just so scarce compared to what it was in the 80's and early 90's.

GPK
06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
I am thinking about having the neurosurgeon attach a set of nuts while he is fixing my back too:eek: :eek: :eek:

GPK
06-29-2006, 03:06 PM
1st round postponed until tomorrow....

Scav
06-29-2006, 03:33 PM
I am thinking about having the neurosurgeon attach a set of nuts while he is fixing my back too:eek: :eek: :eek:

Stole my about to be thunder with this statement...UNLOAD

GPK
06-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Stole my about to be thunder with this statement...UNLOAD

I knew what your sorry ass was thinking...