PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Franklin (Thursday Belmont Race 9)

Benevolus
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
A horse we talked about in this forum before (I believe someone here works for Kimmel) runs tomorrow. He looks like a great play in here. He last was better than it looked.

Really like Harlington too in the 8th. So a 2-5 late double looks real good.

Good luck.

the_fat_man
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Why was his last better than it looked? Or why was it better than the effort by Star For Tina or Party Jones (last move)? Not saying that these horses are much, mind you.

Didn't particularly like this horse last time out and I can't really see why his effort would sway my opinion.

What am I missing?

blackthroatedwind
05-24-2007, 12:17 AM
You're not missing anything....he's an overbet mediocrity with a minor chance at best.

I know he seems ridiculous, but Regal Officer could be a live price first time for a tag. His turf races were pretty good though I suppose his career may be over. Ravens Fan may run better as well.

declansharbor
05-24-2007, 12:29 AM
You're not missing anything....he's an overbet mediocrity with a minor chance at best.

I know he seems ridiculous, but Regal Officer could be a live price first time for a tag. His turf races were pretty good though I suppose his career may be over. Ravens Fan may run better as well.

What was the name of the winner in Regal Officer's last race?? Thanx in advance..

blackthroatedwind
05-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Angelouie.

declansharbor
05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Angelouie.

Had he closed in on sharper fractions and not run up the rear end of at least two horses, he could have won by 4-5 more lengths. Just my opinion.

blackthroatedwind
05-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Had he closed in on sharper fractions and not run up the rear end of at least two horses, he could have won by 4-5 more lengths. Just my opinion.

Yes and no, he did have real trouble, and won impressively, but also saved ground and split horses doing it.

I tend to agree in general that he may be OK and thought he had a shot in the race he scratched out of today.

declansharbor
05-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Yes and no, he did have real trouble, and won impressively, but also saved ground and split horses doing it.

I tend to agree in general that he may be OK and thought he had a shot in the race he scratched out of today.

Any ideas on where he'll pop up and at what odds? What level was he to run at today? Sorry for all the questions.. O yeah, and why did he scratch? sorry

blackthroatedwind
05-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Any ideas on where he'll pop up and at what odds? What level was he to run at today? Sorry for all the questions.. O yeah, and why did he scratch? sorry

What am I.....nostraphuckingdamus?

declansharbor
05-24-2007, 01:02 AM
What am I.....nostraphuckingdamus?

Sometimes.

blackthroatedwind
05-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Sometimes.

Not tonight.

He was in an overnight stakes that was a prep for the Hill Prince which is being run the day before the Belmont. Maybe they decided to be less aggressive and look for a NW1X...or maybe they will be a bit foolish and go right for the Hill Prince.

declansharbor
05-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Not tonight.

He was in an overnight stakes that was a prep for the Hill Prince which is being run the day before the Belmont. Maybe they decided to be less aggressive and look for a NW1X...or maybe they will be a bit foolish and go right for the Hill Prince.
Thanks again. Hope he's tuned up and ready to go wherever they choose to send him