PDA

View Full Version : HOL: Bigs/Scavs $30k Hits!

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-20-2007, 08:05 PM
lets team up an beat this thing....find the single and the wide race..

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
lets team up an beat this thing....find the single and the wide race..
maybee we could get andy and stevo to put on a ticket structure clinic again for those that missed out last time....

pgardn
05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
maybee we could get andy and stevo to put on a ticket structure clinic again for those that missed out last time....

I cant wait till Im off. Im gonna get in on some of these entertaining bets.

skippy3481
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
I would be happy to Commit money to a pool if several dter's want to go after it. I'm not sure logistic wise how exactly that would work, but if we get enough people interested i'd be all for it.

Scav
05-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I would be happy to Commit money to a pool if several dter's want to go after it. I'm not sure logistic wise how exactly that would work, but if we get enough people interested i'd be all for it.

THAT A BOY SKip, GET IT GOING.

Someone with a paypal and an online account get working on it, can get our own pool open with 5 DTERS putting together tickets, minimum $10 entry, like the players pool.....

As for me, I AM GETTING my trunks on and GETTING IN THE POOL.

7th race is the money race, Idiot Proof looks like a single but there are about 3 more that have a shot to come up and grab him, if speed is dying...

anyone know what the last couple Wednesday's have produced, the old Hollywood used to be all speed because they had so much time to mess with the track.....

declansharbor
05-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Best of Luck to those playing. Unusual Suspect was butchered last out by SMith, Mike E.. lol Smith off angle??

Scav
05-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Great pull right there DH. All ANGLES will be played in this ticket. I am taking it down...

1) This will be hit, there is no way, given the sequence, that this carrys into a second day
2) 4th and 6th are the headscratchers and a must to go deep, 7th is either a single or 4 deep, 3,5 and 8 should be safe with 3-4 per....

Scav
05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Nakatini only on two horses, 1st and 5th

he has been cold this meet, won a race today....Something to consider, if stays for the 5th, he has a shot

declansharbor
05-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Tina Ballerina with her closing kick looks to be a good play in the 8th. With Sexy Operator, a hot pace is ensured. The cutback from 6.5 furlongs to 6 could work in SO's favor though. Go get em Scavs!!

Scav
05-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Tina Ballerina with her closing kick looks to be a good play in the 8th. With Sexy Operator, a hot pace is ensured. The cutback from 6.5 furlongs to 6 could work in SO's favor though. Go get em Scavs!!

Trainer 1 for 33 this year, I know they have to win sometime, just don't think on Friday

I like 3,5,6,10 in that race....going at least four deep because if I am alive till then, I want f'n options.

Waiting until TG's come out tomorrow night, but I am confident with what I have seen so far. What is great is that I have some ammo for this. Thank you Pedroza for your greating turf riding on FRIDAY NIGHT.

Scav
05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Guess who just got a allergist appoint at 3pm on Wednesday. The doctor just happened to call and open up a slot for SCAV......

pmacdaddy
05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Have to say nothing really screamed at me first time through. Couple cought my eye. No idea what ML odds are.

R7 - Shem
Looks like tons of speed in here to me. $200K purchase, busted maiden running off the pace at 6 1/2 f. Came right back to run gamely stretching out to 1 1/16. Consistent speed figs.

Gallager goes Turf/Synth which has worked well - 29% in small sample, 19% route/Sprint. Hooking up with Solis at 22% clip. A definite include for me. Perhaps two deep with Idiot Proof.

R6 - Headcoach

Started career four races back in MSW's. Looked primed last out when sent off as fav. Never really fired, but maybe blinkers experiment was just a flop. Moves down another level and could be sitting on improved effort against these.

Lot's of work to be done here...

pmacdaddy
05-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Nakatini only on two horses, 1st and 5th

he has been cold this meet, won a race today....Something to consider, if stays for the 5th, he has a shot

Know what Mr. Greely's 1st Turf % is?

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-21-2007, 04:27 PM
i dont think we are doing a pool..............

hockey2315
05-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I'd be down for a player's pool of some sort if we could get enough people to go in and come up with a manageable ticket. . .

skippy3481
05-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Ahh i think that is a good assumption hooves, I just threw it out there. Always a fun way to attack it because it allows us to go much broader as a group then we could as a single person(well at least me it does.) You never know we could get some people to jump in late.

Rootdog1
05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Know what Mr. Greely's 1st Turf % is?

11%, and honor grades is 7%.

I like that horse, they scratched it from yesterdays feature for this spot. Although, this is a tough race....I can see going at least 4 deep here.

Scav
05-21-2007, 04:48 PM
TG's ARE DOWNLOADED. I have class tonight but guess who will be there in SPIRIT and BODY and not mind. Mind will be focused on PRINTED PP's and TG's for 3 hours, while a teacher is yapping away about management.

More to come possibly later tonight

pmacdaddy
05-21-2007, 05:44 PM

I like that horse, they scratched it from yesterdays feature for this spot. Although, this is a tough race....I can see going at least 4 deep here.

Thanks. Agree on that being a tough one. Currently thinkin I could go 2,3,4,8 in there.

Scav
05-21-2007, 09:53 PM

Root, this is a hell of a sequence. The TG's don't really point out MANY horses, I was hoping to find three that I could be confident in, and the only horse I like a little bit is Duty Roster in the 3rd. Deputy Commander's progeny run about equal on the dirt as they do on the turf, but the key angle here is the 2 pt improvement stretching out. Have no idea what I am doing yet....no idea

Scav
05-21-2007, 10:34 PM
HIGHLY considering singling Casual Thunder in the first leg. As much as I want to get sucked into Taylor's Route and Our Partner, I just can't do it. 5 is a rat, 1 is coming back after 11 days and shipping.....8 is a little scary but the board will tell me everything I need to know about the 6, Casual Thunder is 8/5 or 7/5 unload because of 2nd time Canani....

Scav
05-21-2007, 11:29 PM
3: 2,6,7,8
4: 3,5,6,9,10,11
5: 1,4,6,7,8
6: 1,4,5,8,9,10
7: 1,3,4,6
8: 2,3,5,9

Here is what I feel are the only horses that can actually win their respective races. Now before some of your angry internet people gets nuts, in NO WAY am I playing the above ticket. I plan on spending between $900 and $1400 on one ticket. Might not be the right way but whatever. The above is more for a chart, I think that you could toss any horses not mentioned.

The only horse I could potentially single is Robbo's Courage in the 5th but given Nakatini's recent struggles and this horse never trying the turf before, the balls have to be feeling mighty big at 4pm on Wednesday for that to get punched.

As much as I want to single Idiot Proof (and no not because of the name) with the turn back of a 1/2 furlong and it looks like he could go 44/3 and easily win, I worry about this horse getting tired on the cushion and the 1 or 6 cruising by. 1 is also getting 4lbs on equal TG's numbers, which would be good for about 1 length

hockey2315
05-21-2007, 11:50 PM
HIGHLY considering singling Casual Thunder in the first leg. As much as I want to get sucked into Taylor's Route and Our Partner, I just can't do it. 5 is a rat, 1 is coming back after 11 days and shipping.....8 is a little scary but the board will tell me everything I need to know about the 6, Casual Thunder is 8/5 or 7/5 unload because of 2nd time Canani....

Casual Thunder = Hanger

Scav
05-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Casual Thunder = Hanger

I know, I KNOW.....but, he is the fastest horse in the race that looks to be loaded with speed and 2nd time Canini.

The 2 is a REAL sneaky horse in that race. Race has speed, I hate the jock because I am going to be 5w going into the final turn but Lewis (trainer) has win %'s of 18% (dirt to turf) and 19% (1st time turf) and huge ROI's (3.65 and 4.70) respectively. That is out of 67 samples and 43 samples also. There is a couple jock changes I am praying for on Wednesday, that is one of them, along with Pick Vic in the 7th.

Lava
05-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Ahh i think that is a good assumption hooves, I just threw it out there. Always a fun way to attack it because it allows us to go much broader as a group then we could as a single person(well at least me it does.) You never know we could get some people to jump in late.

I would be up for it

hockey2315
05-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Does someone want to organize it? I'd be interested. . .

letswastemoney
05-22-2007, 04:04 AM
I like Taylor's Route and Surf Town in the 3rd

I don't remember though if Mud Route a good turf sire.

I like Surf Town simply because he looks like he has plenty of room for improvement.

tanner12oz
05-22-2007, 05:57 AM
id play in a pool....

Rootdog1
05-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I know, I KNOW.....but, he is the fastest horse in the race that looks to be loaded with speed and 2nd time Canini.

The 2 is a REAL sneaky horse in that race. Race has speed, I hate the jock because I am going to be 5w going into the final turn but Lewis (trainer) has win %'s of 18% (dirt to turf) and 19% (1st time turf) and huge ROI's (3.65 and 4.70) respectively. That is out of 67 samples and 43 samples also. There is a couple jock changes I am praying for on Wednesday, that is one of them, along with Pick Vic in the 7th.

the 3rd is very tough. I do like Casual Thunder on figs and connections but hate that he is 8 yrs old with one win. Still have not decided, using 3 of these 4......Behind The Magic, Duty Roster, Our Partner, Casual Thunder. One thing for sure, the pace will be quick....so look for those that will crumble trying to keep up (not necessarily those that will be on the lead) and toss them.

Scav
05-22-2007, 10:42 AM
the 3rd is very tough. I do like Casual Thunder on figs and connections but hate that he is 8 yrs old with one win. Still have not decided, using 3 of these 4......Behind The Magic, Duty Roster, Our Partner, Casual Thunder. One thing for sure, the pace will be quick....so look for those that will crumble trying to keep up (not necessarily those that will be on the lead) and toss them.

I am considering two tickets. one with CT singled and deepness around, and then two others that are skinnier in other legs....

I fully expect this thing to pay handsomely, given the sequence, no gimme's

Scav
05-22-2007, 11:01 AM

Don't get sucked into Magic, 11 days and wasn't that impressive. Duty Roster is one that I have talked about, and is awful intriging

ArlJim78
05-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't get sucked into Magic, 11 days and wasn't that impressive. Duty Roster is one that I have talked about, and is awful intriging
i wouldn't use Behind the Magic, I've got him a cut below several in here.
I would use but definitely not single Casual Thunder, no way would I trust that one with the numerous past disappoints.

Why has no one mentioned River Isalnds, improved last start and now makes third start off layoff, second turf start and was game last time while finishing ahead of Casual Thunder last time.

I would also use the O'neil horse on the outside, Surf Town. I think he could be dangerous.

Scav
05-22-2007, 11:26 AM
i wouldn't use Behind the Magic, I've got him a cut below several in here.
I would use but definitely not single Casual Thunder, no way would I trust that one with the numerous past disappoints.

Why has no one mentioned River Isalnds, improved last start and now makes third start off layoff, second turf start and was game last time while finishing ahead of Casual Thunder last time.

I would also use the O'neil horse on the outside, Surf Town. I think he could be dangerous.

Yes and Yes, hard to go four deep in this race though because of races 4, 6 and 8. Especially with race 3 having the most available information (current odds, hot horses, exotics will pays, WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING IN?) I am really trying to go 2 deep, 3 at the most

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-22-2007, 06:50 PM
the way i see it......
race 3 3 our partner
7 rival islands
2 duty roster
race 4 2 kooky kelly
3 steel kitten
10 harrete topper t town sorry folks..

race 5 8 bersconie..my single

race 6 8 lotta gamble lost all chance in last derby winning connections
10 weft cassidy owns trains
1 andf 1a

race 7 6 shem
1 pick vic
4 idiot proof

race 8 2 gotta go sal ...... win it all horse off the claim with impossible post last
3 star quality scrappy effort last out must use
5 obi naki mig fits conditions well..

thats it good luck all 324bucks and scav kiss my ass..

Coach Pants
05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Time constraints prevent me from playing. :(

Good luck to all of you...but i'm hoping it triple carries. :D

Scav
05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I just realized while reading a DRF article while Nakatini has been soo cold, friggin Stevens was his jock agent. Like he has the time for that crap. Nak fired his ass, expect him to heat up soon

Scav
05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
the way i see it......
race 3 4 exsploited dream jt roi very good race 1 back wins it
2 pieces of paradice only one with a back fig
5 friendly type ran int a 107 6f respect

race4 pp 2 kooky kitty ..metz is slick
pp 3 steel kitten
pp 10 hareete topper ..tommy town and enriqez are deadly in this condition.pre o neal..

race 5 8 bersconie..my single

race 6 8 lotta gamble lost all chance in last derby winning connections
10 weft cassidy owns trains
1 andf 1a

race 7 6 shem
1 pick vic
4 idiot proof

race 8 2 gotta go sal ...... win it all horse off the claim with impossible post last
3 star quality scrappy effort last out must use
5 obi naki mig fits conditions well..

thats it good luck all 324bucks

You actually look at the form, You didn't handicap race 3....

infield_line
05-22-2007, 07:23 PM
R3 3 running well at the class level, and this sire is on fire 1st time turf

R4 5 should improve second time out... 9 or 10 could win but gotta take stand

R5 4 improving 3yo, good turf sire, 2nd off layoff
5 again, improving 3yr, freshened, working well
8 pedigree and strong first effort

R6 1a dropping off decent fig from very fast race
8 big drop working lights out

R7 2 been running against very tough, handled pace to str at G2, freshened
3 mullins, 2nd of layoff, not a quitter
4 should win, but the kind of single that burns me every time, cut cost or go wider if you believe

R8 2 back class, 1st after claim with trainer that produces winners, drop
3 2nd after layoff, seems to like poly OK, trainer, R/S picks up a pace meltdown
10 dropping from open to state bred (I know, not that big a deal in CA) fast fractions, could shake loose

$108 $36 if you single Idiot Proof...

Should be fun....

I/L

pmacdaddy
05-22-2007, 07:46 PM
OK. Here's my shot.

R3 - 6,7
R4 - 3,5,10
R5 - 1,2,4,8
R6 - 1
R7 - 4,6
R8 - 3,5
$192

Good Luck!!

Scav
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
FYI, Pick Six Central on TVG right now, we can at least see who we can toss out when they LOVE a horse tomorrow. Shrup, Simon(decent) and Carothers

Scav
05-22-2007, 08:23 PM
FYI, Pick Six Central on TVG right now, we can at least see who we can toss out when they LOVE a horse tomorrow. Shrup, Simon(decent) and Carothers

This Toby Turrell needs to shut the **** up about Warren's Devonlane.

FYI, Nakatini is now named as rider

Rudeboyelvis
05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
R4 makes this a crapshoot - Can't see chasing this with a huge bankroll only to get knocked out in the 2nd leg...That said, here goes -

R3) 8 Surf Town will take a lot of money, but stepping up from Mdn 32 out of the ice cold O'neil barn and a fair chance to get caught wide from the outside post in addition to seeing winners for the first time leaves him off my ticket. Not crazy about 1st turfers off the cush here (no descernable turf ped), so leave 2,3,4 with him. The 6 Casual Thunder has proved he's outclassed at this level; the trainer change may help but not enough to make a case to use him.

Like the way the 7 is coming in, 3rd off and from Petionville, and will probably single him.

R4) Impossible. Going to single the 5 Skipper Mike, as he appears to be the tallest pygmie, but may get temped to add the 3 Steel Kitten with Paauch 23% firsters

R5) Another tough one...Like to go 5 deep here, but think I'm going to chase some value..the 8 Bernsconi will get a lot of attention at the window, but don't care for the way the pace appears to be setting up for him - may be too much to close into - Like the 4 Robbos Courage 2nd off from Mr. Greeley shouldn't have a bit of trouble going to the weeds - coming off a career beyer, a bullet work second back, and Nak/Dollase 22% for the meet.

R6) If I get through 3 singles :eek: I can afford to open the ticket up...Going to use 4 horses here; The coupled entry for the 1a, the 5,8 and 10. If the 1a is scratched, I'll leave off and add the 3 in race 4.

R7) The race that knocks 90% of the tickets out as Idiot Proof is surely a single play here and is fairly vunerable back in allowance company. Going with the 1 Pick Vic ( Sadler 28% cush) and the 6 Shem (Gallagher 29% turf/cush)

R8) Cal Breds - meh.....The 7 Tina Ballerina apparently likes the poly, and is in form off a win against same last out, the 10 Jimmy Pong showed some signs of life over the surface as well, and will use the 5 O Bee Naki on the drop in class (Periban 31% 2nd off layoff)

EDIT POST SCRATCHES and second guessing....

I'm adding Oneil's firster in the 4th...gut feeling
I'm also spreading in the 5th rather than the 6th as it looks much tougher
Also going full out chicken sh!t and adding Idiot Proof in the 7th...

1e

1x2x3x1x3x2 = 36x2 = $72.00

Also playing:

7/6/4/1/1,6/7 = $4
6/5/5/1/4/5 = $2
6/6/2/8,10/2/7 = $4

Let's get this thing!

Scav
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Not gonna put an actual ticket up due to being crazy and thinking it will jinx me BUT here are a couple horses that I like tomorrow and reasons why

Race 3: #2 Duty Roster (6/1 ML)- Not sure if he can win but Lewis has some great first turf and dirt to turf, and the horse is bred to route, might relish the distance

Race 4: #6 Warren's Devonlane (12/1 ML no shot at this ML)- Gryder named and then Nakatini just finds his way on the horse, that alone makes me want to single him, but can not do. Wide open affair

Race 5: #1 Unusual Suspect (7/2 ML)- This horse is a miler and closed into a 47.2 split in California, if this were Belmont or Arlington I would say that is normal, but not for California, positive jock change

Race 8: #5 O Bee Naki (7/2 ML) - This is where TG is just great. Everytime this horse has touched the cushion track, he has run good numbers, look at the allowance races back in November and December. Mig gets aboard for the class dropper. SOLID play IMO but still can't single

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Not gonna put an actual ticket up due to being crazy and thinking it will jinx me BUT here are a couple horses that I like tomorrow and reasons why

Race 3: #2 Duty Roster (6/1 ML)- Not sure if he can win but Lewis has some great first turf and dirt to turf, and the horse is bred to route, might relish the distance

Race 4: #6 Warren's Devonlane (12/1 ML no shot at this ML)- Gryder named and then Nakatini just finds his way on the horse, that alone makes me want to single him, but can not do. Wide open affair

Race 5: #1 Unusual Suspect (7/2 ML)- This horse is a miler and closed into a 47.2 split in California, if this were Belmont or Arlington I would say that is normal, but not for California, positive jock change

Race 8: #5 O Bee Naki (7/2 ML) - This is where TG is just great. Everytime this horse has touched the cushion track, he has run good numbers, look at the allowance races back in November and December. Mig gets aboard for the class dropper. SOLID play IMO but still can't single
put a ticket up..pooty tang

Bogey
05-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Leg 1 - R3 - Alw 40s Turf

#6 Casual Thunder - 2nd start for Canani. Gelding has been knocking on the door at this level.
#8 Surf Town - Imporved a ton on the lawn and now resides in always hot O'Neill barn.

Leg 2 - R4 - MD 40K 2yr old Fillies

#6 Warren's Devonlane - Nak seems fit to hop aboard and the 1st time lasix make her attractive as well.
#5 Skipper Mike - Adds the hood after 2nd place finish in debut.
#9 Clever Lady - Sheds some weight with hot jock Talamo. Look for improvement with the blinkers.

Leg 3 - R5 - Alw 51KN1X Turf

#4 Robbos Courage - Dollace knows how to get them ready for their 1st time on the turf.
#1 Unusal Suspect - 2nd in the G3 Generous and making 2nd start of the year. Major player here.
#8 Bernasconi - Decent U.S. debut and could take another step up right into the winner's circle.
#5 Yankee Bay - Has improved BSF wise with every start and always dangerous on the grass.
#2 Tycoon Doby - Paddy/Solis 21% together. Nice effort in first start over the lawn.

Leg 4 - R6 - MD 32K

#8 Lotta Gamble - Huge drop in class for the son of Point Given. Shedding 9lbs doesn't hurt either for the Baffert trainee.
#4 Dennybuck - Spawr always solid off the bench.
#1A Headcoach - Blinks come off after failing as the favorite in last. Drops to lowest level yet.
#1 For Duty - Bullet blowout on Sat and should enjoy the extra real estate.

Leg 5 - R7 - Alw 49N1X

#4 Idoit Proof - Speedster should enjoy cutback in what should be his race to lose.

Leg 6 - R8 - Clm 10K statebreds

#2 Gotta Go Gal - Lost all chance at the break in last. Should be a handful versus these.
#9 Sexy Operator - Chop Chop looking for the lead as the bell rings and hopes to chop has way to the finish line.
#3 Star Quality - Consistent type is at her best distance.
#4 Lupita'sluckyangel - Looking for the pace setters to give way for her late kick.

The Play - $2 PK6 - 6 8 with 5 6 9 with 1 2 4 5 8 with 1 4 8 with 4 with 2 3 4 9 = $720

I'm going to play this ticket with 5 partners = $120 a piece

Good Racing Luck

Rootdog1
05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
A few (random) questions

Why does everyone love surf town...decent horse but come on...Court is up, and that tells me something about the private purchase. Maybe I am crazy, he is working well now that he is in O'neills barn. 2 horses have run a single digit TG number on the turf, the 1 and 6.

Anyone else gonna use Our Lear Jet at 30-1? I hope I get every bit of the 112-1 he was last time. R-E-A-C-H but what the hell, what a bad race. Last race at 6f wasnt all that bad...

For those that were watching the tvg special, got the feeling Scat Theif is gonna run much much better then the crazy cajun is admitting to? I am sure it is a prep, and he does want longer...but 1st time gelding on this crazy bastard is gonna make a big difference.

Again, regarding the tvg special, did you see that crazy leg action on Gotta go Gal? WOW..but my question is if she has been that jacked up and running those figs what makes you think she cant use that chicken wing action to win against this group? Star Quality looks good too.

Scav
05-22-2007, 10:27 PM
A few (random) questions

Why does everyone love surf town...decent horse but come on...Court is up, and that tells me something about the private purchase. Maybe I am crazy, he is working well now that he is in O'neills barn. 2 horses have run a single digit TG number on the turf, the 1 and 6.

Anyone else gonna use Our Lear Jet at 30-1? I hope I get every bit of the 112-1 he was last time. R-E-A-C-H but what the hell, what a bad race. Last race at 6f wasnt all that bad...

For those that were watching the tvg special, got the feeling Scat Theif is gonna run much much better then the crazy cajun is admitting to? I am sure it is a prep, and he does want longer...but 1st time gelding on this crazy bastard is gonna make a big difference.

Again, regarding the tvg special, did you see that crazy leg action on Gotta go Gal? WOW..but my question is if she has been that jacked up and running those figs what makes you think she cant use that chicken wing action to win against this group? Star Quality looks good too.

Bogey just put me onto Tycoon Doby, watch the replay of that race of his on the lawn. Looks like a possible monster...

Rootdog1
05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
yes, his dirt sprint figs are the same as Robbos but he has a much better turf pedigree and a win over the surface at approx the same dist. Knighthood should move up a ton on the turf as well. This is one tough race.

Scav
05-22-2007, 10:44 PM
yes, his dirt sprint figs are the same as Robbos but he has a much better turf pedigree and a win over the surface at approx the same dist. Knighthood should move up a ton on the turf as well. This is one tough race.

Easy with Knighthood, not with Gryder on him...Adding Tycoon has f'd up everything I had planned as far as the ticket, driving me nuts for the last 90 minutes

Rootdog1
05-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Knighthood is a reach, but Espinoza would be on if he was able....not crazy about him, just a horse that could blow things wide open. His Damn has dropped some good turf runners. Another note, there is no reason (based on pp's) Knighthood should of been 7-1 and Robbo at 5-1 in their last race. There was some talk....

whodey17
05-22-2007, 11:00 PM
My single appears to be Surf Town in leg A. The horse is the only one in that group that has room for improvement. Casual Thunder might be the worse m/l fav on the card. So I will take my chances with Surf Town. The leg I am going deep in is Leg C. I am leaning towards starting the pick 6 off with single single.

Scav
05-22-2007, 11:02 PM
There was some talk....

Thank you very much Root for causing even more problems now

Where is Espinoza, he get days?

whodey17
05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey Scavs - what do you think about the Shem beating Idiot Proof in the 7th?

pick4
05-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Race 5: #1 Unusual Suspect (7/2 ML)- This horse is a miler and closed into a 47.2 split in California, if this were Belmont or Arlington I would say that is normal, but not for California, positive jock change.

The Mike Smith off angle is always a positive. His last race was was a good workout as it seems two turns fits him best. Unusual Heat offsprings have run well on the weeds in the past. Unusual Suspect has shown he is a decent turf runner. I think he has a real good shot in here to hit the board and possibly win the race. The other horse who you might want to keep an eye on in here is #8 Bernasconi. His last race was his first around two turns and the first in the US. He raced on par with Silent Soul until the stretch when Silent Soul took the outside path and got up for the win. Silent Soul came back to run a well in finishing second in the Will Rogers. Young jock Joe Talamo seems like a good one. He had a ride aboard the colt so he should have a good idea when to push ob the gas to do. His post is a negative but if he's good enough that is an obstacle he will be able to overcome.

whodey17
05-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Knighthood is a reach, but Espinoza would be on if he was able....not crazy about him, just a horse that could blow things wide open. His Damn has dropped some good turf runners. Another note, there is no reason (based on pp's) Knighthood should of been 7-1 and Robbo at 5-1 in their last race. There was some talk....I think Unusual Suspect is the single in this race. For me it is 5 deep or a single. I am leaning towards singling the 1 horse.

hockey2315
05-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Leave Talamo off your ticket in ANY leg at your own risk. . .

pick4
05-22-2007, 11:34 PM
My single appears to be Surf Town in leg A. The horse is the only one in that group that has room for improvement. Casual Thunder might be the worse m/l fav on the card. So I will take my chances with Surf Town. The leg I am going deep in is Leg C. I am leaning towards starting the pick 6 off with single single.

Surf Town crawled home in roughly :25 for his last quarter at Bay Meadows. He's coming back against winners now and he'll start off wide. You might be right but I think there are better singles elsewhere on the card.

Scav
05-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Hey Scavs - what do you think about the Shem beating Idiot Proof in the 7th?

I think Idiot Proof (home track, 45 day layoff, two nice 6f works) is gonna break 1:09, and there isn't a horse in here that can do that. It is also important that a horse like this has proven to run well fresh (see easy winner two back off the same type of layoff). While I won't argue with people using the 1 or 6 in this race, I just think that he will be allowed to go 44.8 or 45 and if that happens, the race is over. if they make him go 43.4-44.0 they will have a slim shot

Scav
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM
While not posting a ticket, I will post the structure that I am using and where I might add horses if the early DD comes up 5-5

4x4(1)x3(1)x5x1x2(1)

(1) means I might add one in that location, only going to add one more horse if I add one so it will be in one of those locations

whodey17
05-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Surf Town crawled home in roughly :25 for his last quarter at Bay Meadows. He's coming back against winners now and he'll start off wide. You might be right but I think there are better singles elsewhere on the card.You are prob correct. I really would like to go 3 deep in the first leg. Using Behind The Magic, Rival Islands and Surf Town.

whodey17
05-23-2007, 12:01 AM
I think Idiot Proof (home track, 45 day layoff, two nice 6f works) is gonna break 1:09, and there isn't a horse in here that can do that. It is also important that a horse like this has proven to run well fresh (see easy winner two back off the same type of layoff). While I won't argue with people using the 1 or 6 in this race, I just think that he will be allowed to go 44.8 or 45 and if that happens, the race is over. if they make him go 43.4-44.0 they will have a slim shotMakes good sense. I dont think there is any horse than can go with Idiot Proof.

letswastemoney
05-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Hey is there anyone that likes Kooky Kelly in the 4th? I mean she was caught 4 wide last time in the Skipper Mike race. I think with the improved post position here she'll win.

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 06:00 AM
If I were playing I’d go with a bigger ticket like this, I just don't see obvious places to single with strong conviction. Maybe Idiot Proof and cut the ticket in half. but I just don't trust a horse that looks to have trouble carrying his speed at SA, coming to cushion.

Race 3
3 Our Partner
6 Casual Thunder
7 Rival Islands

Race 4 – going wide enough to snag the winner-anybodies guess here how they run
2- Kooky Kelly
3- Steel Kitten
4- King City Kitty
5- Skipper Mike
6- Warrens Devonlane
7- Stitchit

Race 5 – I am not taken by Unusual Suspect like many are- has class from last year but don’t see any development, still running the same type of race, no turf experience, think this one is overbet and won’t win. Like fresher developing horses with more upside.
5- Yankee Bay
7- Grey Rover
8- Bernasconi

Race 6
4- Dennybuck
1A- Headcoach
10- Weft

Race 7 – I can’t single Idiot Proof because although fast does appear to have distance limitations and with no cushion race exp he may get caught.
4 – Idiot Proof
6 – Shem

Race 8 – Think the winner is one of two horses
3 – Star Quality
5 - O Bee Naki

Play 3 x 6 x 3 x 3 x 2 x 2 x $2 = $1,296

2Hot4TV
05-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Thank you very much Root for causing even more problems now

Where is Espinoza, he get days?
Yes Victor is serving 12 days.

Nakatani can't buy a winner now that he has Stevens for an agent.

Joe Talamo isn't all that great like people are talking. SoCal racing is just starving for a good Bug Boy and getting some decent horses to ride.

swedejxn
05-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Here's my ticket....

Race 3 7,6
Race 4 2,5
Race 5 1,4,5
Race 6 1,8,10
Race 7 6
Race 8 3,10,5

option is whether or not to toss idiot proof in the 7th

Cheap play

Good Luck

Scav
05-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Yes Victor is serving 12 days.

Nakatani can't buy a winner now that he has Stevens for an agent.

Joe Talamo isn't all that great like people are talking. SoCal racing is just starving for a good Bug Boy and getting some decent horses to ride.

Stevens got fired by Nak, he is now represented by the guy who represents Court. I expect him to catch fire somewhat soon.

Bigsmc
05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Not the least bit excited about the sequence (but I am excited about the carry), so.....

R3
8 - Surf Town

R4
3 - Steel Kitten
4 - King City Kitty
6 - Warren's Devonlane

R5
2 - Tycoon Doby
3 - Knighthood
4 - Robbos Courage
8 - Bernasconi

R6 - been burned by too many Baffert droppers with speed finishing up the track lately
1A - Headcoach
9 - T.H. Praise
10 - Weft

R7
1 - Pick Vic
4 - Idiot Proof

R8
5 - O Bee Naki

1 x 3 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 = $72 x $2 = $144

GL to all.

Scav
05-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Not the least bit excited about the sequence (but I am excited about the carry), so.....

R3
8 - Surf Town

R4
3 - Steel Kitten
4 - King City Kitty
6 - Warren's Devonlane

R5
2 - Tycoon Doby
4 - Robbos Courage
6 - Parko
8 - Bernasconi

R6 - been burned by too many Baffert droppers with speed finishing up the track lately
1A - Headcoach
9 - T.H. Praise
10 - Weft

R7
1 - Pick Vic
4 - Idiot Proof

R8
5 - O Bee Naki

GL to all.

Chicken money...You should take the ticket you won and GO FOR THE GUSTO. $144....COME ON BALLA. Like your ticket, only horse I am not a fan of is Steel Kitten

Late Fires
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Taking a shot and thinking about mixing it up with three tickets:

Ticket 1: 6,7 / 4,5 / 4,5,6,8 / 1 / 4,6 / 2,5,7
Ticket 2: 3,6,8 / 5 / 2,4,8 / 1 / 4,6 / 3,5
Ticket 3: 6 / 5,6 / 1,3,4 / 1,8 / 4 / 2,3,5,7,10

Pedigree Ann
05-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Race 5 – I am not taken by Unusual Suspect like many are- has class from last year but don’t see any development, still running the same type of race, no turf experience, think this one is overbet and won’t win. Like fresher developing horses with more upside.

What? You reading the right PPs? Unusual Suspect won his turf debut at Del Mar last August. He's been a close 4th in two stakes on turf, and second in a G3 on this turf course. And he's an Unusual Heat, whose offspring move up enormously on turf. He had a sprint prep (with a slow early pace) coming off the layoff and is now ready for his best distance.

Bigsmc
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Chicken money...You should take the ticket you won and GO FOR THE GUSTO. $144....COME ON BALLA. Like your ticket, only horse I am not a fan of is Steel Kitten

Saving the Go For The Gusto for Saratoga. I've been very good since April 28 and am trying to stay that way for 63 more days....

25yr old Bigs would be locked and loaded today. 43yr old Bigs is laying low because as he said in the original post, he's not feeling it, however, he did smile at being called Balla...

Off topic: LOVE Gasconade in Churchill's 9th today.

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
What? You reading the right PPs? Unusual Suspect won his turf debut at Del Mar last August. He's been a close 4th in two stakes on turf, and second in a G3 on this turf course. And he's an Unusual Heat, whose offspring move up enormously on turf. He had a sprint prep (with a slow early pace) coming off the layoff and is now ready for his best distance.
i must have been thinking about something else when i said no turf experience. I'm at work now and don't have pp's.

that said i still do not like him whatsoever in here. he'll have to beat me.

-BT-
05-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Race 5)

* Can someone please explain to me what im missing when i look at #8 Bernasconi? I have him as the 4th best horse in the race behind the 1-4-2 (Gallagher's other horse) but it seems as though the majority of the PK6 tickets i see have this horse 1st or 2nd. Was the race he came out of that tough and or was the competition tough?

-bt-

Rudeboyelvis
05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Race 5)

* Can someone please explain to me what im missing when i look at #8 Bernasconi? I have him as the 4th best horse in the race behind the 1-4-2 (Gallagher's other horse) but it seems as though the majority of the PK6 tickets i see have this horse 1st or 2nd. Was the race he came out of that tough and or was the competition tough?

-bt-
I'm with ya BT...there's plenty I'd like to use in this leg if the bankroll allowed it, and he's ain't one of 'em.

Edit; While we're on the topic...What with the sudden facination of Warrens Devonlane in the 4th? The 21.4 quarter? the Jock change?

The Bid
05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
4-6-7
3-6-10
7-8
1-4-6-8-10
4-6
3-5

Good luck to anyone playing, thats my ticket.

ARyan
05-23-2007, 01:43 PM
This is the ticket I came up with, although I will be knocking it down a bit still...

Race 3 : #1, #4, #6, #7
Race 4: #4, #5
Race 5: #1, #2, #4, #8
Race 6: #8, #10
Race 7: #1, #4
Race 8: #5

4 X 2 X 4 X 2 X 2 X 1 = 128 x 2 = $256.

whodey17
05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Five us out in $200 for a total of $1000. We rated the races from hardest to easiest and then gave each horse a grade of A to F. These are our tickets

Ticket 1
4-5-8-910
1-4
1-4-5-8-9-10
$120

Ticket 2
1-8
1-4-8
1-4-5-8-9-10
3-5-10
$216

Ticket 3
1-3-6-7-8
4-5-8-9-10
1-4-5-10
3-5-9-10
$640

-BT-
05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Inglewood Jack!!!

let's give this a stab

PK6

5 10
357 = $288

gl to all playing this PK6

-bt-

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-23-2007, 04:07 PM
20mins out good luck dters.....

pweizer
05-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I played two tickets:

1-2-3-6-7-8/2-4-5-6-9-10/8/1-4-8-10/4/5

7/5-9/1-3-4-8/1/1-4-6/3-5-10

I hope many derby trailers bring home the cash.

Paul

Rootdog1
05-23-2007, 04:31 PM
3) 2,3,6
4)2,4,5
5)2,3,7,8
6)4,6,10
7)4
8)3

3)1,8
4)2,5
5)3,4
6)4,10
7)2
8)3

whodey17
05-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Ok--everyone who played this pick 6 is alive. Off to a fine start.

whodey17
05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
well i am done.

robfla
05-23-2007, 05:05 PM

#6 Casual Thunder - 2nd start for Canani. Gelding has been knocking on the door at this level.
#8 Surf Town - Imporved a ton on the lawn and now resides in always hot O'Neill barn.

#6 Warren's Devonlane - Nak seems fit to hop aboard and the 1st time lasix make her attractive as well.
#9 Clever Lady - Sheds some weight with hot jock Talamo. Look for improvement with the blinkers.

Nice!! Good Luck the rest of the way

lemoncrush
05-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Good luck to you guys.
I can't hit a pick 4 at Hollywood lately, much less a pick 6, so I'm passing.

Rootdog1
05-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Now that the pk6 is out for me, taking a big swing at the pk4

5)1,2,3,4,7,8
6)1,4,6,9,10
7)2,4
8)3,5
$120

hockey2315
05-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Good luck to those still alive- Scavs- you ready to reveal your ticket yet?

whodey17
05-23-2007, 05:28 PM

#4 Robbos Courage - Dollace knows how to get them ready for their 1st time on the turf.
#1 Unusal Suspect - 2nd in the G3 Generous and making 2nd start of the year. Major player here.
#8 Bernasconi - Decent U.S. debut and could take another step up right into the winner's circle.
#5 Yankee Bay - Has improved BSF wise with every start and always dangerous on the grass.
#2 Tycoon Doby - Paddy/Solis 21% together. Nice effort in first start over the lawn.

Leg 4 - R6 - MD 32K

#8 Lotta Gamble - Huge drop in class for the son of Point Given. Shedding 9lbs doesn't hurt either for the Baffert trainee.
#1A Headcoach - Blinks come off after failing as the favorite in last. Drops to lowest level yet.

Leg 5 - R7 - Alw 49N1X

#4 Idoit Proof - Speedster should enjoy cutback in what should be his race to lose.

#2 Gotta Go Gal - Lost all chance at the break in last. Should be a handful versus these.
#9 Sexy Operator - Chop Chop looking for the lead as the bell rings and hopes to chop has way to the finish line.
#4 Lupita'sluckyangel - Looking for the pace setters to give way for her late kick.

The Play - $2 PK6 - 6 8 with 5 6 9 with 1 2 4 5 8 with 1 4 8 with 4 with 2 3 4 9 = $720

Good Racing LuckGood luck Bogey

letswastemoney
05-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Well I'm glad I chickened out out of the pick 6. Here is my pick 4 play.

5- 1,2,4,5
6- 4,5,6
7- 4
8- 3,4,7

$36

If I had played the pick 6, I would have lost the first 2 legs

pmacdaddy
05-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Spent so much time looking. Guess I will try pk4

1,2,4,5,8 / 1,4 / 4,6 / 3,5

Good Luck to those alive!

Antitrust32
05-23-2007, 05:40 PM

R3
8 - Surf Town

R4
3 - Steel Kitten
4 - King City Kitty
6 - Warren's Devonlane

R5
2 - Tycoon Doby
3 - Knighthood
4 - Robbos Courage
8 - Bernasconi

1A - Headcoach
9 - T.H. Praise
10 - Weft

R7
1 - Pick Vic
4 - Idiot Proof

R8
5 - O Bee Naki

GL to all.

Good luck the rest of the way Bigs. U Da Man

I'm signing off for a couple hours, hope to come back later and see some DT winners. I hope i didnt jinx you so I'm knocking on wood. *knock* *knock*

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Good luck the rest of the way Bigs. U Da Man

I'm signing off for a couple hours, hope to come back later and see some DT winners. I hope i didnt jinx you so I'm knocking on wood. *knock* *knock*
no doubt biggs take home da bacon

Bigsmc
05-23-2007, 06:35 PM

Leg 4 - R6 - MD 32K

Leg 5 - R7 - Alw 49N1X

Good Racing Luck

Go get 'em Bogey!

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
wills pays for $1

1 $488076
2 $24966
3 $11253
4 $29931
5 $14887
6 $244038
7 $31351
8 $732114
9 $58569
10 $24581

GL whoever is alive.

Rudeboyelvis
05-23-2007, 06:43 PM
1) 488,076
2) 24,966
3) 11,252
4) 29,931
5) 14,887
6) 244,038
7) 31,351
8) 732,114
9) 58,569
10) 24,580

justindew
05-23-2007, 06:44 PM
why do they show $1 will pays?

Rudeboyelvis
05-23-2007, 06:46 PM
why do they show $1 will pays?
ya got me...that's what Youbet.com says...

Best to Bigs and Bogey - let's get it home!

robfla
05-23-2007, 06:49 PM
bris has the $2 pays:

#1= 976152.60 #2= 49932.60 #3= 22505.80 #4= 59862.00 #5= 29775.00 #6= 488076.20 #7= 62702.20 #8= 1464228.80 #9= 117138.20 #10= 49161.40

Bigsmc
05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Whohooo!!!

golfer
05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Awsome job, BIGS!!!

justindew
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Well done!!!!!!!

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM

I hope you got it!
I don't know what you played or if you hit, but you should have been all over it based on these picks.

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 07:07 PM
bigs you're awesome, well done indeed AGAIN!!

Rudeboyelvis
05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Whohooo!!!

You deserve it my friend! AWESOME JOB!!!

DerbyCat
Bigs, I was rooting for you - Nice Hit! :D

hockey2315
Congrats!

herkhorse
05-23-2007, 07:09 PM

R3
8 - Surf Town

R4
3 - Steel Kitten
4 - King City Kitty
6 - Warren's Devonlane

R5
2 - Tycoon Doby
3 - Knighthood
4 - Robbos Courage
8 - Bernasconi

1A - Headcoach
9 - T.H. Praise
10 - Weft

R7
1 - Pick Vic
4 - Idiot Proof

R8
5 - O Bee Naki

GL to all.

WELL DONE! Congratulations!

Bigsmc
05-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Word on the street is that Scav hit it too.

Well done Scav.

Thanks for the well wishes all.

pmacdaddy
05-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Nice Score!!!!! Congrats

I blew 1st two legs than nabbed pk4 on. $40 ticket, so I ended up making a few bucks. Sure no $30k though!!!

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Word on the street is that Scav hit it too.

Well done Scav.

Thanks for the well wishes all.
great job man scav didint sack up and post a tic so its hard to root for him..and if he did congrats and it should be gone by monday..lol

mclem10011
05-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Great capping, myself 4 of 6 once again, same as last time the carryover was massive. Warren's Devon Lane, and Tycoon Doby were the 2 horses that beat me.

Bogey
05-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Bigs - Nice job again. Extremely impressive with a $144 ticket. Congrats

I couldn't bring it home going 4 deep in the nightcap. Nothing gets the blood pumping like the last leg of a PK6 with a chance to score.

I appreciate all the well wishes. I know Scav liked O Bee Naki and I couldn't pull the trigger.

Thanks again

pweizer
05-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Super work for all that hit it.

Paul

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 07:24 PM

I couldn't bring it home going 4 deep in the nightcap. Nothing gets the blood pumping like the last leg of a PK6 with a chance to score.

I appreciate all the well wishes. I know Scav liked O Bee Naki and I couldn't pull the trigger.

Thanks again
bogey, I feel for you with that nine running out there prominently. that had to have got the heart beating.

nice picking anyway. good job.

GPK
05-23-2007, 07:25 PM
congrats to both my boys....well done....love the fact it happen for both of ya.

I know Scavs hit it..I have a picture of his ticket.

Bogey
05-23-2007, 07:33 PM
bogey, I feel for you with that nine running out there prominently. that had to have got the heart beating.

nice picking anyway. good job.
Thanks Jim, I was seeing $$$ with the 9 out there.

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-23-2007, 07:34 PM
congrats to both my boys....well done....love the fact it happen for both of ya.

I know Scavs hit it..I have a picture of his ticket.
good for him..glad to hear it gpk

Bigsmc
05-23-2007, 07:36 PM

Thanks again

Thanks Bogey, it sucked when I noticed before the race that we both couldn't win.

Glad to see you got your investment back with the 5 of 6 paying $218.

Cajungator26
05-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Holy moly! Congrats to Bigs and Scav! :D

Rootdog1
05-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Wow....great news.....congrats!!!!

jman5581
05-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Scav, we're colleagues!! Same alma mater!! We go way back and you don't even know it!!

:: pm'ing bank account info and mailing address ::

philcski
05-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Sick, I'm so happy for you guys!!!

I just KNEW someone from this board was going to hit today. Not just 1 but TWO!

And Bogey, tough break man. Great handicapping. You deserved better.

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
If i calculated correctly there were no more than 98 winning tickets.

that two came from this board I think is incredible.

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Scav, we're colleagues!! Same alma mater!! We go way back and you don't even know it!!

:: pm'ing bank account info and mailing address ::
no way, scavs and I are hanging out all weekend. he needs me to follow him around to make sure he doesn't fire away carelessly at Los Al and lose a big chunk which won't happen because I'll be carrying the roll for him for safe keeping.;)
I'm good like that, always helping out where I can.

Bogey
05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Sick, I'm so happy for you guys!!!

I just KNEW someone from this board was going to hit today. Not just 1 but TWO!

And Bogey, tough break man. Great handicapping. You deserved better.
Thanks Phil, it was the first PK6 for the 5 partners I had and they are ready for the next one. I'm still stunned. I really felt confident with 4 alive in the last leg and a very logical choice beats me. Go figure.

philcski
05-23-2007, 07:55 PM
If i calculated correctly there were no more than 98 winning tickets.

that two came from this board I think is incredible.

I think you're correct, I came up with 97 winning tickets.

SuffolkGirl
05-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow, congratulations guys!! I only watched from the sidelines. Am happy that we have at least 2 of the winning tickets!!

timmgirvan
05-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Well done Guys! :)

Coach Pants
05-23-2007, 08:07 PM
That's a very nice score. Don't spend it all in one place. :cool:

declansharbor
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
It can't be said enough.. Great Job fellas.

Darrrr7
05-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Congratulations to all that hit the pick six. Had two ticket for 5 out of 6 but was a bad day. Nice hit on a $144.00 ticket.

gales0678
05-23-2007, 08:14 PM
congrats to the guys who hit

Scav - take 1/2 and bury somewhere - forget you have it

fpsoxfan
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Awesome!! Great Handicapping Job. Enjoy the loot!!

pmacdaddy
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
I think you're correct, I came up with 97 winning tickets.

Wow. That is impressive.

Although, I was just part of the 4 of 6 masses...

Kasept
05-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Tom/Mike..

Unbelievable.. Congratulations (again for the 2nd time in a month to Bigs..) on fantastic efforts.. And great try Gus and Darrr... Knew on the air that Bigs and Bogey were halfway home or better, and got word on Scavs before the nightcap... Darr called the show (I'm pretty sure..).

So tremendously satisfying seeing all the interaction, discussion, cooperation and excitement... They'll be many, many more!!!

Congrats really, to EVERYONE who put a ticket together!

PSH
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Great job SCAV and BIGS for hitting the Pick 6 at Hollywood. Congrats...

Paul

GPK
Tom/Mike..

Unbelievable.. Congratulations (again for the 2nd time in a month to Bigs..) on fantastic efforts.. And great try Gus and Darrr... Knew on the air that Bigs and Bogey were halfway home or better, and got word on Scavs before the nightcap... Darr called the show (I'm pretty sure..).

So tremendously satisfying seeing all the interaction, discussion, cooperation and excitement... They'll be many, many more!!!

Congrats really, to EVERYONE who put a ticket together!

I love my boy Scavs....and I am pretty sure he was close to tears when I was on the phone with him:D

tap
Way to go guys. Congrats to those who hit and those that came close. Great Cappin!

Darrrr7
05-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Steve,

Yes that was me. Tough beat looking at the photo but enjoyed the conversation with you and Andy. Thanks Darrell

tap
05-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I love my boy Scavs....and I am pretty sure he was close to tears when I was on the phone with him:D

That a boy Scav. Make sure you donate some to the Shane Laviolette School For Challenged Jockeys.:D

2MinsToPost
05-23-2007, 08:55 PM
$2 Pick 6 (8-6-2-1-4-5) 6 Correct Paid $29,775.00 Pick 6 Pool

PROPS

Scavs will most likely be on a major league tilt:D

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I just talked to him, and boy was he stoked. talking about going over to the boat and putting $10,000 on black. I think he was kidding!:D

GPK
05-23-2007, 09:03 PM
AJ....you remember this by chance??

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13116

2MinsToPost
05-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I just talked to him, and boy was he stoked. talking about going over to the boat and putting $10,000 on black. I think he was kidding!:D

How many $1,000 straight exactas will he play tonight:D Only bustin some balls:cool: I hope he stashes some away and saves for a rainy day......

GPK
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
How many $1,000 straight exactas will he play tonight:D Only bustin some balls:cool: I hope he stashes some away and saves for a rainy day......

I hope that "rainy day" takes place on July 27th at a golf course in Saratoga, NY.

I WANT SOME OF THAT $30k !!!!!!!:D

ArlJim78
05-23-2007, 09:18 PM

oh yeah, too funny, what a difference 12 days makes.

thing about it is that no one believed for a minute he was giving up anything.

The Indomitable DrugS
05-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Great job guys.

GPK
05-23-2007, 09:27 PM
oh yeah, too funny, what a difference 12 days makes.

thing about it is that no one believed for a minute he was giving up anything.

I would believe that he was giving up the "good stuff" that the opposite sex has between their legs before I would believe he was giving up the horses...:eek:

ninetoone
05-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Holy Moly! Congratulations guys, that's awesome!

stevepopyak
05-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Congrats guys ... well done .... let's get SWLY to the winner's circle on Saturday to top off a huge week at DT !

ddthetide
05-23-2007, 09:37 PM
congrats guys! :D

whodey17
05-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Congrats to Scavs and Biggs. I am very excited for the both of you. I am also very excited by the continued support from this board when it comes to its players. What an awesome day for the Derby Trail people.

VOL JACK
05-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks Phil, it was the first PK6 for the 5 partners I had and they are ready for the next one. I'm still stunned. I really felt confident with 4 alive in the last leg and a very logical choice beats me. Go figure.
Gus, I saw your ticket last night and liked everything except; I couldn't figure out why you didn't like #5 in the nightcap. I singled him on my little $64 play, but missed the 2nd leg after only going 2 deep. 5 out of six is not too bad esp. since I don't play the west coast very often and spent a half hour capping the card. All in all, it's easier getting out in the 2nd leg than the last.

cal828
05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Great work men !!! If I ever got lucky enough to take one those down, I probably be too excited to sleep for a week or two. Not even sure my heart could withstand the stress (be willing to give it a shot though!!). I think the fact that you guys won it on the carpet makes it even more remarkable to me.

GPK
05-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Im telling ya...these boys hitting pick 6's. I would just love to catch the back end of a Daily Double sometime....much less 6 races in a row.

31lengths
05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Sweet.....

Great job.

philcski
05-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Im telling ya...these boys hitting pick 6's. I would just love to catch the back end of a Daily Double sometime....much less 6 races in a row.

No sh!t, right?

my miss storm cat
05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Damn! Congrats to both of you!!!!! :cool:

sundaysilenceforever
05-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Congrats!!!! Thats awesome! :)

Scav
05-23-2007, 11:15 PM
To All:

THANK YOU so much for your loving support. Today was by far one of the greatest days of my life and there is an EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS story to go along with this, including being down to my last $60 and a straight exacta over at Golden Gate and then rolling that money($300) on Bigs horse at Churchill last race to get back to $960 to play the TICKET.

I have to thank Andy (Blackthroatwind) for essentially calming me down after I was 4 for 4 and calling him (Andy, this is Tom, WHO, SCAV, WHO, Oh hey man how you are?) and telling me NOT TO HEDGE. RIDE IT OUT he tells me given the situation. As he will probably say, I was absolutely frantic because I had no idea what the hell was going on. It is absolutely amazing feeling. It isn't excitement or happiness, it is a sense of satisfaction, and feeling this, it is a feeling that is like no other. More to come on this as I am filtering through everything and figureing out what is going on, including purchasing that plane ticket to Vegas in June and TOGA in July.

More to come later as I digest all this. Kev was right, I have been on the brink of tears for about the last three hours. Those that are close to me understand why (lots of stupid things) and all those stupid things, ARE CLEAR.

More to come later, and I will upload a file of the GREATEST PICTURE OF ALL TIME

FYI, I have gotten offers to go to stud already..:)

Unstable
05-23-2007, 11:18 PM
I have a friend who says he never bets the Pick 6. He says it's hard enough to pick one.

Even though my Pick 6 ticket went down in flames in the 2nd leg, it made me happy to hear that two DTers hit it! Especially after how down Scav was last week. And Bigs, twice in a month. Wow! Congratulations to both of you!

Scav
05-23-2007, 11:32 PM

saucon17
05-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Enlarge that great picture and get a nice frame for it. Great Job Scav :D

PPerfectfan
05-23-2007, 11:51 PM
FYI, I have gotten offers to go to stud already..

Well you do have that little cough, and I think I noticed a slight bruise. Enough to be sent to stud!! hehe Damn Big Congrats to yall. Shoot the biggest thing I ever hit was about 2 years ago the NTRA Pick 4 for $1800 and I almost had a heartattack over that, I just might be in the hospital if I hit the Pick 6 for that kinda money.:D

ateamstupid
05-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Scav and Bigs, great job. I'm so jealous..

Antitrust32
05-24-2007, 01:28 AM
I am so proud of Scav and Bigs and I've never even met the dudes. It feels like family and friends on this site. I went to hang out with some friends after the third leg when I knew Bigs and Bogey were still in it and all I could think about was if anyone had hit it! Absolutely thrilled for you two men. Bigs, go take your family on a trip to africa (safari) or austrailia. Scav, pretend you didnt win and put it in a money market!!!

JK guys... spend away and however you'd like. So proud. Many more to come. Congrats again.

Bigsmc
05-24-2007, 01:39 AM

LOL Kev.

Someone mentioned not being able to sleep if they hit, well folks, check the time of this post.

Thanks again to everyone. This is truly a great place to hang and thanks again to Steve for creating it.

Thanks for knocking on wood Antitrust32.

Scav
05-24-2007, 01:48 AM
LOL Kev.

Someone mentioned not being able to sleep if they hit, well folks, check the time of this post.

Thanks again to everyone. This is truly a great place to hang and thanks again to Steve for creating it.

Thanks for knocking on wood Antitrust32.

Hilarious, I can't sleep either, thinking about going to the boat.....

letswastemoney
05-24-2007, 01:49 AM
This is no time to rest. Get to work on tommorow's card!

So I can copy your choices......:cool:

timmgirvan
05-24-2007, 01:55 AM
To All:

THANK YOU so much for your loving support. Today was by far one of the greatest days of my life and there is an EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS story to go along with this, including being down to my last $60 and a straight exacta over at Golden Gate and then rolling that money($300) on Bigs horse at Churchill last race to get back to $960 to play the TICKET.

I have to thank Andy (Blackthroatwind) for essentially calming me down after I was 4 for 4 and calling him (Andy, this is Tom, WHO, SCAV, WHO, Oh hey man how you are?) and telling me NOT TO HEDGE. RIDE IT OUT he tells me given the situation. As he will probably say, I was absolutely frantic because I had no idea what the hell was going on. It is absolutely amazing feeling. It isn't excitement or happiness, it is a sense of satisfaction, and feeling this, it is a feeling that is like no other. More to come on this as I am filtering through everything and figureing out what is going on, including purchasing that plane ticket to Vegas in June and TOGA in July.

More to come later as I digest all this. Kev was right, I have been on the brink of tears for about the last three hours. Those that are close to me understand why (lots of stupid things) and all those stupid things, ARE CLEAR.

More to come later, and I will upload a file of the GREATEST PICTURE OF ALL TIME

COOL!:)

BillW
05-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Stay awake, guys - it's easier to enjoy it that way (otherwise you may just think you are dreaming :D). Nice hit!

Bigsmc
05-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Andy, this is Tom, WHO, SCAV, WHO, Oh hey man how you are?

F'ing hilarious.

Danzig
05-24-2007, 03:51 AM
congratulations!!!!!

SentToStud
05-24-2007, 04:38 AM
To All:

That role is taken.

Scav & Bigs, way to go!! Two of the best and passionate fans.

Very well done!

Samarta
05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Just seeing this now....congrats to both of you.....kinda restores the faith a little....

dr. fager
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Pretty cool fellas....congrats.

ARyan
05-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Way to go guys!!!

Congrats!!!

brianwspencer
05-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Absolutely AMAZING! Huge congrats to both of you on this one!

GPK
05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Am I correct in assuming that if Scavs goes into syndication that he must pass the KyRosesinMay pre-stud examination??

I would pay good money to see that....

Scav
05-24-2007, 08:26 AM
At work right now. THIS SUCKS!!!!

GPK
05-24-2007, 08:27 AM
At work right now. THIS SUCKS!!!!

dude...you can't retire on a $30K hit

Scav
05-24-2007, 08:28 AM
dude...you can't retire on a $30K hit

I could take the year off though :)

GPK
05-24-2007, 08:29 AM

you just worry about taking the last weekend in July off....

SentToStud
05-24-2007, 08:31 AM

Way to go fella. You deserve it. Don't listen to GPK. He's sitting with me in the cheap seats.

Scav
05-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Way to go fella. You deserve it. Don't listen to GPK. He's sitting with me in the cheap seats.

Are you going to Toga?

We will be straight ballin there. I am requesting it off next week, if I am even here by then. Boss says No and I say "Ok" and then work until that Wednesday and ADIOS AMIGO

GPK
05-24-2007, 08:33 AM

hopefully for not much longer...:cool:

SentToStud
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
hopefully for not much longer...:cool:

If I don't hit today, I'll be so poor that if McDonalds started selling burgers for a dime all I could do is run down the street yelling, "THAT'S CHEAP, THAT'S CHEAP!"

Tom, I'd love to make it up there. Hopefully I will.

Scav
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
If I don't hit today, I'll be so poor that if McDonalds started selling burgers for a dime all I could do is run down the street yelling, "THAT'S CHEAP, THAT'S CHEAP!"

Tom, I'd love to make it up there. Hopefully I will.

STRAIGHT BALLIN Brucey. STACKS of cash. $200 Win bets on Samyn because I CAN

GPK
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM

I would never speak to you again...

SentToStud
05-24-2007, 08:44 AM

Trust me, I believe you.

Scav
05-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I would never speak to you again...

THE DAY

LAVIOLETTE FOREVER.

GPK
05-24-2007, 08:47 AM
THE DAY

LAVIOLETTE FOREVER.

please...you wouldn't know what to do without having your old buddy to talk to...

tiznowthegreat
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
More to come on this as I am filtering through everything and figureing out what is going on, including purchasing that plane ticket to Vegas in June and TOGA in July.

When in June are you headed out to Vegas?

Scav
05-24-2007, 09:05 AM
When in June are you headed out to Vegas?

June 21st through the 24th, and then hopefully the last week in July for business (if I get this job I am hoping to get)

philcski
05-24-2007, 09:13 AM
To All:

Agreed, it isn't really about the money when your horse crosses the line in the last leg. The first time I hit one I started screaming so loud they tried to kick me out of the OTB, then I showed the manager the winning ticket she says "you can scream as loud as you want" and had to call the central office for more cash to pay me out, LOL

I'm so happy for you. It's the best feeling in the world.

Bigsmc
05-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Are you going to Toga?

We will be straight ballin there. I am requesting it off next week, if I am even here by then. Boss says No and I say "Ok" and then work until that Wednesday and ADIOS AMIGO

That's my Boy with the high F.O. Factor....(defined as having the financial stability to be able to tell your boss to F Off)

Straight ballin, that's right. Toga is going to be sick.

philcski
05-24-2007, 09:27 AM
That's my Boy with the high F.O. Factor....(defined as having the financial stability to be able to tell your boss to F Off)

Straight ballin, that's right. Toga is going to be sick.

Are all of you guys coming up opening weekend?

I'm going to opening weekend at Del Mar, and I WILL hit the pick 6 out there and be ballin' for Toga. Mark it down.

Coach Pants
05-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Looking back at that sequence it's incredible how much it paid. That's why it's of utmost importance to play a pick-6 when the carryover is that large. Pick 4 for $2 pays barely over $600 and due to the second leg of the pick 6 and the massive pool, it pays bonkers.

Congrats again, you two. Unbelievable that Bigs hit it for what? A $144 ticket? That's like a Jordan game winning shot.

Bigsmc
05-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Are all of you guys coming up opening weekend?

I'm going to opening weekend at Del Mar, and I WILL hit the pick 6 out there and be ballin' for Toga. Mark it down.

A partial list from Scavs Get Together Thread at the bottom of the main page.

Hooves
Dell
Satan's Twin
GPK
Bigsmc
GanderTim
Byk (Obviously)
blackthroatwind (obviously)
Storm Cadet
sniper
sightseek
Philski
swap fliparro
saucon (possible sick day from coaching)
Paispag (pending Scav talking to her boss)
Grits
DaHoss
Triple H
Payson Dave
Officer Cannon Shell
Pmac
ddtide
cajun
misterB
pdrift1
fpsox
princess doreen
brockguy

As Steve would say, it is going to be a boffo weekend.

philcski
05-24-2007, 10:04 AM
A partial list from Scavs Get Together Thread at the bottom of the main page.

Hooves
Dell
Satan's Twin
GPK
Bigsmc
GanderTim
Byk (Obviously)
blackthroatwind (obviously)
Storm Cadet
sniper
sightseek
Philski
swap fliparro
saucon (possible sick day from coaching)
Paispag (pending Scav talking to her boss)
Grits
DaHoss
Triple H
Payson Dave
Officer Cannon Shell
Pmac
ddtide
cajun
misterB
pdrift1
fpsox
princess doreen
brockguy

As Steve would say, it is going to be a boffo weekend.

F*cking sweet. Swappy, Sniper, Sightseek, and I will definitely be there. Dr. Dave (docicu) said he may make it as well, and I fully expect Joey (ateam) to make it as well.

deltagulf
05-24-2007, 10:09 AM
yes congrats to both scavs and bigs. great job:D

one day hope to hit a ticket like that. but first i have to learn how to construct a ticket for pk 6 and fours.

once again great job
well done.

Scav
05-24-2007, 10:49 AM
besides being debt free I will be participating on June 21st in a $1500 buy-in WSOP Event #35.

For the record, if for some reason I get to the final table, the Rashaun Salamm rookie jersey will be in FULL EFFECT on ESPN.

Danzig
05-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Am I correct in assuming that if Scavs goes into syndication that he must pass the KyRosesinMay pre-stud examination??

I would pay good money to see that....

gonna have a video to see how he moves? :eek:

-BT-
05-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Congrats to the both of you, nice score:)

-bt-

pgardn
05-24-2007, 08:55 PM
YES INDEED!

way to smack that thing guys, well done.

pdrift1
05-25-2007, 01:33 AM
congrats scav and big!!!!!!! very happy for the the both of you. well done job. i bet you still havn't got those smiles off your faces:)

Pointg5
05-25-2007, 05:15 AM
Congrats Scavs, very nice.

Scav
05-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys, it is amazing. I feel like the guy in Office Space now, show up to work late, take an hour to eat breakfast, kick the cooler for 30 minutes, and now surf Derby Trail for the next two hours and look at Hollywood. I JUST DON'T CARE.

"TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY"

brianwspencer
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys, it is amazing. I feel like the guy in Office Space now, show up to work late, take an hour to eat breakfast, kick the cooler for 30 minutes, and now surf Derby Trail for the next two hours and look at Hollywood. I JUST DON'T CARE.

"TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY"

This whole thread, combined with other older ones, has given me the strangest caricature of what I think you're like in person -- hopefully I'll find out for real at Arlington sometime next month.

Bigsmc
05-25-2007, 10:08 AM

"TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY"

I told you the F.O. Factor would be high. Human nature.

Go ahead and knock it down tonight too. Two in a row would be the stuff of legends.

Scav
05-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I told you the F.O. Factor would be high. Human nature.

Go ahead and knock it down tonight too. Two in a row would be the stuff of legends.

Seriously bro, I am in the office enviroment and I am BLAZING UP TG's and DRF's PPs on my desk right now...it is hilarious. My buddy that I sit next to, who I told about it, is just laughing at me. I keep on playing 'Ice Cube, TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY'

GOT A TRIPLE DOUBLE

Holland Hacker
05-25-2007, 11:50 AM
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!

I am so happy for the both of you!

I can't even imagine how it feels to hit such a big ticket, it must be awesome. I wish I had the guts to play the pick 6, maybe some day.

Relish this win and look forward to the next BIG score!