PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Fans?????

whorstman
06-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I know there are some here, just curious on who ya like #1 over all. My buddy called to get an idea of what day our draft will be. It's the highlight of the year. We cookout, get a keg and party all day. Holdem tourney afterwards. We use the draft board and stckers, a clock and everything. If you can't tell.......I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

somerfrost
06-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I know there are some here, just curious on who ya like #1 over all. My buddy called to get an idea of what day our draft will be. It's the highlight of the year. We cookout, get a keg and party all day. Holdem tourney afterwards. We use the draft board and stckers, a clock and everything. If you can't tell.......I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

There are 4 players who stand out to me....I feel they should be the first 4 selected. Most experts seem divided on #1...I like Larry Johnson but Alexander is every bit as defendable a selection! So far, in the leagues I have drafted, they are about 50-50. Tomlinson is #3 only because of questions about the San Diego offense this year under Rivers. I think with the defection of Edge, Manning has to go no later than #4....he should put up even bigger numbers this year. As big a Skins fan as I am, I have trouble with Portis being higher than #6 and would quickly grab Barber at #5. After that...Bengals Johnson might be best...folks drafting late in round #1 should eye Owens, possibly as the first WR (yeah, I know, Smith had an all-world year). Later round sleepers....McNair could be something the Ravens have never had...a productive QB, and Mason has to move up reunited with him. Big question: Javon Walker's knee???

whorstman
06-27-2006, 12:04 PM
There are 4 players who stand out to me....I feel they should be the first 4 selected. Most experts seem divided on #1...I like Larry Johnson but Alexander is every bit as defendable a selection! So far, in the leagues I have drafted, they are about 50-50. Tomlinson is #3 only because of questions about the San Diego offense this year under Rivers. I think with the defection of Edge, Manning has to go no later than #4....he should put up even bigger numbers this year. As big a Skins fan as I am, I have trouble with Portis being higher than #6 and would quickly grab Barber at #5. After that...Bengals Johnson might be best...folks drafting late in round #1 should eye Owens, possibly as the first WR (yeah, I know, Smith had an all-world year). Later round sleepers....McNair could be something the Ravens have never had...a productive QB, and Mason has to move up reunited with him. Big question: Javon Walker's knee???

I thought last year was an intriging year, but this year takes the cake. Everyone seems to sleep on Barber every year in my leagues, so he may be late 1st. Manning was the sexy pick last year and disapointed most, so he may fall late 1st too. I don't think I'll be having my team from last year of LT, LJ, and smith on the same squad. If LJ and Alexander were horses, I'd have to box them 1-2. I am leaning toward Alexander b/c he has had no less than 17 TDs in the last how many years, 6 at least. I have never had him and I bet the year I doo, he will be a bust, lol.

somerfrost
06-27-2006, 05:40 PM
I thought last year was an intriging year, but this year takes the cake. Everyone seems to sleep on Barber every year in my leagues, so he may be late 1st. Manning was the sexy pick last year and disapointed most, so he may fall late 1st too. I don't think I'll be having my team from last year of LT, LJ, and smith on the same squad. If LJ and Alexander were horses, I'd have to box them 1-2. I am leaning toward Alexander b/c he has had no less than 17 TDs in the last how many years, 6 at least. I have never had him and I bet the year I doo, he will be a bust, lol.

I'd say Alexander is the "safe" pick...I'm a big PSU fan so Larry Johnson is my man! If he stays healthy all year behind that aging but still great "O" line, I could see unbelievable numbers...2500 yards, 35 td's?? Sounds outrageous but I think he could come close! Barber is underrated for some reason....never bad if you end up with him...pure class as a person too! Portis and Edge are gambles imo...excellent backs but I'm unsure of supporting cast...Arizona even have an "O" line?? Manning is coming off a disappointing (for him) year...he will rebound! McNabb, McNair and Plummer should be good this year...if Walker is healthy for Jake...look out! Amazing how quickly many have written off Randy Moss...big mistake!

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-27-2006, 08:16 PM
LT or Larry Johnson sounds good, but I'm a Steelers fan and will go with Hines, Willie or my boy "hard head" Big Ben!

Crown@club
06-27-2006, 11:00 PM
LT or Larry Johnson sounds good, but I'm a Steelers fan and will go with Hines, Willie or my boy "hard head" Big Ben!

I want you in my leagues, along with the 11 other owners I'm sure.

Hickory Hill Hoff
06-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Ya I know, look like an easy target against you pros. Just got into these fantasy leagues last year and did quite well in the Yahoo "second season" league in last year's playoffs. Was the "king" of the NFL confidence weekly pool I was in (won 8 out of the last 9 weeks). Done alright with MLB and so-so with NASCAR fantasy, but handicapping the ponies is tops!

whorstman
06-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Ya I know, look like an easy target against you pros. Just got into these fantasy leagues last year and did quite well in the Yahoo "second season" league in last year's playoffs. Was the "king" of the NFL confidence weekly pool I was in (won 8 out of the last 9 weeks). Done alright with MLB and so-so with NASCAR fantasy, but handicapping the ponies is tops!

I have a buddy that did exactly that a few years ago. Big Steelers fan. He draftes The bus, Tommy Maddox, hines ward, Steelers D. He didn't do half bad, but got punished on the Steelers when they didn't score a lot. I think he even had thier kicker that year. I did the same thing myself back in the day. My 1st year playing I took Emmitt Smith over Favre the year He came off 22 TDs and was a complete bust! Farve had his usual 35 some odd TDs. I also took Irvin and Cowboys D. I do try and get at least one Cowboy every year now. HMMMM...... I wonder who I will be eyeballing this year........
:D

whorstman
06-28-2006, 08:20 AM
BTW, I think Manning will at worst average 2 TDs a game, I'm looking at between 35-40 TDs total. A healthy T.O.(and Bledsoe) that plays 16 games will drop at least 1300 and 15 on the low end and on the high end, whew, may threatin Jerry's record. Both of them.

somerfrost
06-28-2006, 08:29 AM
BTW, I think Manning will at worst average 2 TDs a game, I'm looking at between 35-40 TDs total. A healthy T.O.(and Bledsoe) that plays 16 games will drop at least 1300 and 15 on the low end and on the high end, whew, may threatin Jerry's record. Both of them.

Agree on both! Bledsoe could post impressive numbers with the speed and talent he has at WR...Owens will have a huge year unless he self-destructs...I trust the Tuna to keep him in check at least this year!

2 Dollar Bill
06-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Is it that time again.... FIRST the SPA Then Football...
The RAIDER NATION is ALIVE & WELL !!!!!
Lets all go out and run up the ""Jolly Rogers"" (black & silver )Flag UP !!

whorstman
06-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Is it that time again.... FIRST the SPA Then Football...
The RAIDER NATION is ALIVE & WELL !!!!!
Lets all go out and run up the ""Jolly Rogers"" (black & silver )Flag UP !!

Is Aaron Brooks really the answer?

2 Dollar Bill
06-29-2006, 10:38 AM
As long as he can throw the rock to Number 18... Who cares what
name is on the back of the QB's Black & Silver Jersey !!!!