PDA

View Full Version : Wet Track For The Derby

Port Conway Lane
05-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Well if it isn't difficult enough the track may come up wet. Since I had no strong opinions to begin with I'll spin the wheel and put the filters on off track.

Using itm and sloppy as criteria I get Storm In May,Street Sense,Hard Spun, and Teuflesberg. UGLY ! Most of the field hasn't had an opportunity in the slop so I'll minimize this wager

$1 ex 7,8/4,7,8,10 $6 total

I like the Mr. Prospector line in tail male for sloppy going. Sedgefield,Curlin,,Cowtown Cat,Street Sense,Circular Quay, Any Given Saturday and Dominican. That's a little better !

Again to minimize this bet
$1 ex 2,7,16/1,2,6,7,16,18,19 $18 total

For Mr. Prospector on the dam's side there is Scat Daddy,Stormello and Great Hunter. I'll box them for $1. $6 total

While I'm thinking about it I haven't heard too much talk this year about the RAN Curse. I suppose Barbaro took care of that last year. In addition to the three horses above Hard Spun and Sam P fit the bill. Box 'em for $2 total

Now that I've covered 13 of 20 horses who do I really think will win tomorrow ?

Curlin
Nobiz
Street Sense

The derby is truly a crapshoot and I'm playing it that way !!
Good luck to all and a safe trip home for horse and rider.

sevennever
05-05-2007, 06:17 AM
I don't know about your derby picks, but I do fondly remeber Port Conway Lane in Maryland in the 70's. Once I dressed up as a horse for a holloween party, my wife was the jockey and I was Port Conway Lane! My buddies and I are at our first Derby this year.

jaripeo
05-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I like a horse that will burn the stage BUSHFIRE

Port Conway Lane
05-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Have a great time at the derby sevennever ! I think that's great you honored Port at the halloween party. That reminds me I have to remember to bet the grey horses !

jaripeo
05-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I like a horse that will burn the stage BUSHFIRE

!UUPS¡ IM IN THE WRONG SPOT:confused:

sevennever
05-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Good job throwing Hard Spun in the exacta. Was Port your favorite horse?

Port Conway Lane
05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks, it was blind luck. Not to mention the track wasn't wet for the derby. I lost much more at the track betting Nobiz and Curlin.
Port is in my top three all time. I saw his 50th win at Laurel when he was 4/5 in a 5k claimer. Lexington Park was another oldie running back in those days. I think he may still own a track record at CT.
I tried to attach Port's pps but it was too large. I can send them to you if you like.