PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox blow big lead

Gander
06-26-2006, 03:00 PM
:eek:

Up 6-0 going into the 7th inning, the Phillies come back with 5 in the 7th to tighten up the game. Its now 6-5 Red Sox in the 8th inning.

This win would be #9 in a row :cool:

Gander
06-26-2006, 03:16 PM
3 more outs to go, Red Sox still have a 1 run lead and Papelbon will attempt to close this out.

Lets go Sox :rolleyes:

Gander
06-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Utley just hit a HR to tie it. :(

Gander
06-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Still tied, if we can make it out of this inning still tied, we have Big Papi coming up first in the 9th :D

oracle80
06-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Sox have runners on 1st and 2nd with only one out. Its either a double play or this ones over.

oracle80
06-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Double play. Lets go to the 11th inning.

oracle80
06-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Tim Sox have bases loaded with only one out. Anything but a doubleplay ball and you can put this one in the win column.

oracle80
06-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Incredible Tim, Gordon picthed his way out of the jam. Sox have stranded a lot of guys today!! Lets go to the 12 inning. The batboy will be pitching soon.

Gander
06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Either way its bad going into a 3 game series with a team like the Mets. We didnt need an extra inning epic battle using 7 pitchers!

Hope we at least get the W!

Thanks for keeping me updated. Wouldnt you think ESPN would pick up a game like this?

oracle80
06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Either way its bad going into a 3 game series with a team like the Mets. We didnt need an extra inning epic battle using 7 pitchers!

Hope we at least get the W!

Thanks for keeping me updated. Wouldnt you think ESPN would pick up a game like this?
Yeah its a shame. Lots of kids would like to see the games that are usually played past their bedtime. Then they have an occasional day game and they cant watch it. I feel bad for little kids who love sports like we did as kids. No way can these kids stay up to watch sports anymore.

oracle80
06-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Tim Rollins doubled in a guy with two outs. Phils are up by one. Two outs and rollins is on 2nd.

Gander
06-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Phils just went ahead. This one is going to sting. Hope it doesnt carry over to the Mets.

oracle80
06-26-2006, 05:00 PM
lol tied again! 2 outs and a runner on 2nd for the sox tim.

Gander
06-26-2006, 05:06 PM
We get the W.

Big Papi again?

SCUDSBROTHER
06-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Gander,enjoy the win.With that crap weather,where would you be without the horses to play?

Gander
06-26-2006, 07:06 PM
We have a 3 game lead right now and it feels good to finally put a tiny gap ahead of the Yanks and Blue Jays.

We are going into the series with the Mets having won 9 in a row with our 2 best pitchers slated for 2 of the 3 games.

Worst case scenario is we win 2 of 3 from the Mets and the Yankees sweep these pathetic Braves and pick up a game on us.

I like your Dodgers and remember, anything can happen if you make the playoffs. EVerybody starts out 0-0. So be grateful you play in the piggy NL West. Its like the gerbil tank of baseball. Be glad you dont have to compete in the AL East with 3 real teams (Blue Jays, Yankees and Red Sox) or the AL Central (Tigers, White Sox and Twins).

Suffolk Shippers
06-26-2006, 08:54 PM
We have a 3 game lead right now and it feels good to finally put a tiny gap ahead of the Yanks and Blue Jays.

We are going into the series with the Mets having won 9 in a row with our 2 best pitchers slated for 2 of the 3 games.

Worst case scenario is we win 2 of 3 from the Mets and the Yankees sweep these pathetic Braves and pick up a game on us.

I like your Dodgers and remember, anything can happen if you make the playoffs. EVerybody starts out 0-0. So be grateful you play in the piggy NL West. Its like the gerbil tank of baseball. Be glad you dont have to compete in the AL East with 3 real teams (Blue Jays, Yankees and Red Sox) or the AL Central (Tigers, White Sox and Twins).

Gander, I really like the matchups for the Sox this week. I doubt they will sweep the Mets, but two of three is certainly within range. They will be patient with Glavine and Pedro, work them, and see what comes out. Glavine and Pedro havent been challenged by patient teams much this year, especially playing in the hack NL East. I think tomorrow's game with Lester going is a toss up because our bullpen will be taxed from today.