PDA

View Full Version : Churchill, race 10, the Derby Trial

golfer
04-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Since this is the TG ROTW, I'll throw out some thoughts:

Let us begin with #3, Flying First Class; although not the most likely winner, very intriguing horse.. it he runs back to his maiden breaking perfomance at Oaklawn, this race is over.. but it's a huge IF. The favorite, #7 Bold Start, is solid, but he's the favorite. The two most interesting long shots for me are:
#8, Ceasers March, and #12 Wafi City. Both have alot of speed, and come in fast and well rested. If the track is playing to the front end, either or both could be dangerous at square prices.

hoovesupsideyourhead
04-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Since this is the TG ROTW, I'll throw out some thoughts:

Let us begin with #3, Flying First Class; although not the most likely winner, very intriguing horse.. it he runs back to his maiden breaking perfomance at Oaklawn, this race is over.. but it's a huge IF. The favorite, #7 Bold Start, is solid, but he's the favorite. The two most interesting long shots for me are:
#8, Ceasers March, and #12 Wafi City. Both have alot of speed, and come in fast and well rested. If the track is playing to the front end, either or both could be dangerous at square prices.
nice call glfer you ar honorary kkm today:cool:

golfer
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
nice call glfer you ar honorary kkm today:cool:
Thanks, Hooves. But to be honest, I was looking for much higher odds on FFC in order to play him (the scratches made that impossible).. so like a dope, I played the 8 and 12 (whose odds weren't even better than FFC).:(

Anyway, next stop: Saturday, Derby Day! (good luck to Dee Tee tomorrow)