PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Race 9

skippy3481
04-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Any one have any ideas here?

3 will go off as the post time fave but im throwing him out. I think this horse wants a mile not 1 and 3/4. Even being the lone speed in the race, I don't think that he can slow it down enough to lead gate to wire.

1 is the logical second choice but the last race was a clunker and the works leading up have not been solid. Perhaps a minor physical problem?

5 to me is just over his head. Has been working and racing well this year after being a mid level claimer.

That leaves me with the only viable option being the 4. His figs are below the other 3 but i think the distance wont hurt him. He's third off the bench wheeled back on short rest, which probably tells me he is as fit as hes going to be. If I can get a price, I'll take a shot, if not I'll pass. Does anyone else have any opinions?

fpsoxfan
04-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Good enough for me.......I'll go 10 WP. Let's GO!!

3 will go off as the post time fave but im throwing him out. I think this horse wants a mile not 1 and 3/4. Even being the lone speed in the race, I don't think that he can slow it down enough to lead gate to wire.

1 is the logical second choice but the last race was a clunker and the works leading up have not been solid. Perhaps a minor physical problem?

5 to me is just over his head. Has been working and racing well this year after being a mid level claimer.

That leaves me with the only viable option being the 4. His figs are below the other 3 but i think the distance wont hurt him. He's third off the bench wheeled back on short rest, which probably tells me he is as fit as hes going to be. If I can get a price, I'll take a shot, if not I'll pass. Does anyone else have any opinions?

skippy3481
04-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Well with 2 MTP the 4 is 7-1 ill make a small play and go 10wp then a 4 exacta 1-3-5/4 as a cover. Good luck fp. Lets this this horse home on the front end.

skippy3481
04-22-2007, 06:46 PM
A valiant attempt at a decent price. At the top of the stretch i thought we had a chance. Just had nothing left in the last 100 yards.

fpsoxfan
We were right there...no kick at the end.

Scav

A screwy race. You knew the 3 wouldn't last but I thought the 1 would be in the 5's spot. Just didn't see that 5 horse. I had the 1 and 7 with 4 deep in the next, hopefully I don't win the next race

skippy3481
04-22-2007, 06:54 PM
1 just doesnt look right. The 5 ran a nice race. A better horse then i gave him credit for. The three had zero excuse. I really thought 4 was going to be at least second and the dreaded flattening out happened. Scavs 7 was a complete mule what are doing should have had 1 5:)