PDA

View Full Version : Sumwon visit today, race pictures

Riot
04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Went over this morning and saw Sumwon gallop - I believe Chuck said this was her first gallop after her race. She looks great - didn't seem to lose any weight, she was happy and calm in her stall, friendly, a bit spoiled looking for her peppermints <g>

Cherie jogged her down into the chute, did a few big circles with her to relax her, then brought her back out and let her gallop easily for a bit. She was moving very nicely, very relaxed - when they left the track, the filly got a bit fussy - Cherie thought she wanted to stay out on the track, and do more.

Sumwon likes her work. She has simply thrived and blossomed under Chuck's and Cherie's care!

Sumwon trivia! Chuck called the racing office - Sumwon's "real" birthday is April 4. We missed a DT party opportunity :-(

AND spent the afternoon at Keeneland, so I stopped by the photographer. There are about 9 pictures that include Sumwon from her race. I ordered three - a good paddock pic with James up, showing the DT silks well; a picture just after the break, when she was laying outside on the stretch about 4 back, the first time past the finish line (good racing pic); and a good paddock picture. Will pick them up in a few days.

I don't know if there is a KEE or photog website others can look at these, anybody? I forgot to ask the KEE photographer.

A Sumwon sort of day :) As usual, Chuck was more than gracious and fun to be with! Thanks, Chuck!

ArlJim78
04-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Very interesting and informative recap

thanks

Danzig
04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Went over this morning and saw Sumwon gallop - I believe Chuck said this was her first gallop after her race. She looks great - didn't seem to lose any weight, she was happy and calm in her stall, friendly, a bit spoiled looking for her peppermints <g>

Cherie jogged her down into the chute, did a few big circles with her to relax her, then brought her back out and let her gallop easily for a bit. She was moving very nicely, very relaxed - when they left the track, the filly got a bit fussy - Cherie thought she wanted to stay out on the track, and do more.

Sumwon likes her work. She has simply thrived and blossomed under Chuck's and Cherie's care!

Sumwon trivia! Chuck called the racing office - Sumwon's "real" birthday is April 4. We missed a DT party opportunity :-(

AND spent the afternoon at Keeneland, so I stopped by the photographer. There are about 9 pictures that include Sumwon from her race. I ordered three - a good paddock pic with James up, showing the DT silks well; a picture just after the break, when she was laying outside on the stretch about 4 back, the first time past the finish line (good racing pic); and a good paddock picture. Will pick them up in a few days.

I don't know if there is a KEE or photog website others can look at these, anybody? I forgot to ask the KEE photographer.

A Sumwon sort of day :) As usual, Chuck was more than gracious and fun to be with! Thanks, Chuck!

i nosed around the keeneland site a bit, go to :

patlangphotos.com to order phots. according to keeneland, about 1k photos are taken a day.

i'm looking now to see if any are available of sumwon!

thanks for the update.

Danzig
04-18-2007, 06:01 PM
now that site sent me to racehorsephoto.com....

Danzig
04-18-2007, 06:03 PM
back to the drawing board.:(

Riot
04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Sumwon wants YOU and your PEPPERMINTS! :D

AeWingnut
04-18-2007, 07:28 PM
I left 'em with enough peppermints to rot all of her teeth.

if you find the pics let us know how to get 'em. I would like to have one of her up on the pace on that grass at Keeneland
at least I think I do
when I went to take that pic the camera died on me

grrrr

thanks for the update

Bigsmc
04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the update Riot.

Many Others
04-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't think ever got to post a thanks to Chuck and his crew for sending out Sumwon lookin like she just stepped out of a bandbox and to Steve for doing such a good job on the Dee Tee silks - know it's not a beauty contest, but heck she sure looked good all rubbed and polished out - as a matter of fact, from the pictures posted all of you looked great, glad everyone had a wonderful time - can't believe it's only been a week! Thanks for the updates.. :o

NoCarolinaTony
04-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Hello Riot,

Was a pleasure to meet you at kee. May be there Saturday/Sunday.

Will you be there?

NC Tony

Riot
04-18-2007, 10:35 PM
NC Tony, I was going to call you today regarding the photos (to see if you were at Kee, I didn't see you) but didn't have your cell.

Can't be there Sat/Sun :mad: Are you going to be there next week at all?

Photos are supposed to be ready Friday (they are all on computer) - I did ask if they would do a disc, but the answer was a reasonable and I guess expected "no" due to copyright.

I'll try then to find out how others can view them and order them, if nobody else more familiar with it can come up with an answer before then :)

AeWingnut
04-19-2007, 05:48 AM
What ? no electronic copies. you have to buy the prints?
How much is that?

Sightseek
04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
NC Tony, I was going to call you today regarding the photos (to see if you were at Kee, I didn't see you) but didn't have your cell.

Can't be there Sat/Sun :mad: Are you going to be there next week at all?

Photos are supposed to be ready Friday (they are all on computer) - I did ask if they would do a disc, but the answer was a reasonable and I guess expected "no" due to copyright.

I'll try then to find out how others can view them and order them, if nobody else more familiar with it can come up with an answer before then :)

Thank you riot for all of your efforts in finding a way for us to see them. :)

SuffolkGirl
04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Hello all -

I just got off the phone with Patrick Lang (photographer) He remmebered Dr. Conley and said the pictures she was looking at were quite nice. He does not have them up on the internet just yet. He said he will size them for the internet (proofs) and then send them to me, but not until tonight. Once I receive them I will post the info on DerbyTrail. He will include purchasing info in the e-mail which I will share with everyone.

Maybe the next track photos we get will be in the winner's circle

Unstable
04-19-2007, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the Update on Sumwon. Glad to hear she is doing so well.

John (AeWingnut) and I both showed up at the Churchill barn the morning after her race. She looked like she was just about to go to sleep, when we pulled out the peppermints and she perked up immediately. Chuck and Steve were there, and were both very gracious. AeWingnut brought a HUGE bage of peppermints, which he left in Chuck's office. When I was saying my farewell to Sumwon, she started nipping at my sleeves. She wanted more peppermints!

If you can remember, please get the photographer information when you pick up your pictures. I'm sure there are a number of us who would like to get some pictures as well. If we can't preview the pics online, I'm sure the three you picked out are probably the best available. I took some video of Sumwon, before, during, and after her race, but due to some computer problems, have not been able to put anything together yet.

Thanks for sharing your visit with Sumwon.

Riot
04-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Hello all -

I just got off the phone with Patrick Lang (photographer) He remmebered Dr. Conley and said the pictures she was looking at were quite nice. He does not have them up on the internet just yet. He said he will size them for the internet (proofs) and then send them to me, but not until tonight. Once I receive them I will post the info on DerbyTrail. He will include purchasing info in the e-mail which I will share with everyone.

Maybe the next track photos we get will be in the winner's circle

AWESOME! Thanks so much!

PS you guys better start just calling me Beth, only my mom calls me "doctor' outside of work :D

Riot
04-19-2007, 11:36 AM
John (AeWingnut) and I both showed up at the Churchill barn the morning after her race. She looked like she was just about to go to sleep, when we pulled out the peppermints and she perked up immediately. Chuck and Steve were there, and were both very gracious. AeWingnut brought a HUGE bage of peppermints, which he left in Chuck's office. When I was saying my farewell to Sumwon, she started nipping at my sleeves. She wanted more peppermints!

I think that bag is about 3/4 gone! <g> You have spoiled her nicely.

Here's a funny little story of how far Chuck is willing to go for us Dee Tee'ers ... I had a friend with me, we're talking about how the filly looks so good, she just turned three, just maturing, etc, and the conversation goes something like this:

"Yeah, just turned three. She's an April foal, wonder when her real birthday is?"

"The papers would have that info"

"Who's got the papers?"

"Racing office"

"We can't ask Chuck Simon to call the racing office, and ask them to pull the papers, and tell us when the real birthday of the pretty horsey is, as the 60 owners would like to know so we can maybe have a birthday party. That would be too embarassing for him!".

Chuck picked up the phone, called the office, and got the date :D

We're lucky to have you, Chuck - I can't see how any other trainer would be so interactive, so gracious, and ensure we all can have so much fun with "our" horse. Thanks!

AeWingnut
04-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I left them with enough Starlite Peppermints for a year. The only size WalMart carried was a very big maybe 10 lb bag. To hear that 3/4ths of it is gone - is shocking. I hope they shared them. Chuck's gonna have to give her insulin shots.

Someone told me that giving a horse candy teaches them to bite. Unstable getting nipped at is only the beginning.

I was petting Sumwon and she put her head against my chest. She was liking the pets. I thougt, "wow - what a sweet girl. She really likes me" Ha ! Turns out I still had some peppermints in my coat pocket.

you know - Cigar really likes peppermints. Maybe Sumwon will go 16-0 :D

Unstable
04-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I left them with enough Starlite Peppermints for a year. The only size WalMart carried was a very big maybe 10 lb bag. To hear that 3/4ths of it is gone - is shocking. I hope they shared them. Chuck's gonna have to give her insulin shots.

Someone told me that giving a horse candy teaches them to bite. Unstable getting nipped at is only the beginning.

I was petting Sumwon and she put her head against my chest. She was liking the pets. I thougt, "wow - what a sweet girl. She really likes me" Ha ! Turns out I still had some peppermints in my coat pocket.

you know - Cigar really likes peppermints. Maybe Sumwon will go 16-0 :D
Yeah, how old was Cigar when he started his winning streak?

SuffolkGirl
04-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Well, it's a new day and I don't have the proofs from Patrick. I just left him a message asking for a new ETA. I am sure he is busy. I explained that we don't mind waiting we just would like to know when we should start looking for the proofs.

I will keep everyone updated as I receive info.

Unstable
04-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Well, it's a new day and I don't have the proofs from Patrick. I just left him a message asking for a new ETA. I am sure he is busy. I explained that we don't mind waiting we just would like to know when we should start looking for the proofs.

I will keep everyone updated as I receive info.
Thanks for following up on this.

Unstable
04-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Giving a horse candy doesn't teach them to bite... it's when you stop giving them candy that they start biting!

Everyone should be safe as long as your bag of peppermints holds up... which should be a couple more days.

Riot
04-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Well, it's a new day and I don't have the proofs from Patrick. I just left him a message asking for a new ETA. I am sure he is busy. I explained that we don't mind waiting we just would like to know when we should start looking for the proofs. I will keep everyone updated as I receive info.

I was at KEE this afternoon (Friday), and stopped by - my pics are not ready (next week, perhaps) but he volunteered right away you had contacted him, and said he'd try and get them to you asap

AeWingnut
04-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I bet he liked to hear there are like 40 people that want pics of Sumwon
:o

Riot
04-20-2007, 07:42 PM
I bet he liked to hear there are like 40 people that want pics of Sumwon
:o

I did mention the number of owners who would probably want pictures :D

SuffolkGirl
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks Riot - I was disappointed to not have them in my e-mail and was worried about walking that line between being a pest and being patient. I'll keep being patient!!!

southerndutch
04-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Unstable: You're right about the peppermints. When I ran out she went into my pocket for more! Thanks to Cherie for being so accomodating last Monday. Unstable, enjoyed the day with you.

Unstable
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Unstable: You're right about the peppermints. When I ran out she went into my pocket for more! Thanks to Cherie for being so accomodating last Monday. Unstable, enjoyed the day with you.
Thanks, it was a pleasure spending time with you and your friends. Hope you had a good time for the remainder of your time at Keeneland. Hope to make it to Saratoga this summer, but no guarantees at this time.

southerndutch
04-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I bet you'll be there if Sumwon's there! Have a great time Sunday. Sorry I won't be there.

ddthetide
05-09-2007, 05:50 AM
has there been anymore word on her race photos? from either race?
if i missed this, sorry...

Riot
05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
has there been anymore word on her race photos? from either race?
if i missed this, sorry...

I sent a couple of e-mails and received no response, and Suffolk gave me the telephone number just a couple days ago, I"ll try and call today ...

ddthetide
05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
thanks.

ddthetide
05-18-2007, 09:20 PM
after 3 weeks, i FINALLY received an email from the photographer at keeneland. i had to re-send him race # ,Sumwon's name and # from april 11.
now let's see how long this takes.:rolleyes: