PDA

View Full Version : Hoisttheflag

Scav
05-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Are you from ESPN's board or just Steve's Yahoo Derby Trail?

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 09:07 AM
Are you from ESPN's board or just Steve's Yahoo Derby Trail?

I post on another board under a different name mainly in the specific section for breeding. They have the same thing there (private messages, which allow for quite a bit of business to be done). I found the ESPN site last week when some people on the site I post on were talking about it. One of the people here, Cajungator, posted on the other site that the ESPN board was pretty good. You guys posted about this site on that site so I found it. This is a great site, but it is geared a more to the gambler, the other more to the business/breeding. I only bet on big races, so I really consider myself a horseman more than gambler. I do occasionly listen to his radio show on the internet. Good stuff.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 09:14 AM
I post on another board under a different name mainly in the specific section for breeding. They have the same thing there (private messages, which allow for quite a bit of business to be done). I found the ESPN site last week when some people on the site I post on were talking about it. One of the people here, Cajungator, posted on the other site that the ESPN board was pretty good. You guys posted about this site on that site so I found it. This is a great site, but it is geared a more to the gambler, the other more to the business/breeding. I only bet on big races, so I really consider myself a horseman more than gambler. I do occasionly listen to his radio show on the internet. Good stuff.

Do you breed and race? Or do you breed to sell? Let us know what horses you have racing so we can root for them. Noone will ever root against a horse that someone here owns or bred.

Scav
05-31-2006, 09:22 AM

trust me when I say that while it is geared towards gambling, your knowledge around here will go a LONG, LONG way. I consider breeding a strong point of my handicapping. That being said, I am a straight up gambler, there is no horsemen in this body....

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Do you breed and race? Or do you breed to sell? Let us know what horses you have racing so we can root for them. Noone will ever root against a horse that someone here owns or bred.

We sell most but we have a few that we kept a percentage of racing. After reading the board for a few more weeks I will talk a little about my horses. Unfortunately we had an incident with a disgruntled gambler that made threats to us after one of our horses didn't run so well (I made the mistake of saying he should win easily). He even had his bookie e-mail me after he told him I would cover his bet. Internet chats are nice but they also are dangerous.

Scav
05-31-2006, 09:28 AM
That won't happen around here, and that is BULL ISH....I would have asked him to come to the farm to get paid and let him meet an ornery one and let him get kicked in the nuts with 8 million pounds of force.

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM

I'm just sorry that the ESPN board turned into such a mess from all of the trolls. I had been posting on that board for almost two years and learned a lot just by reading before I even posted. I'm glad that you came over here though and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)