PDA

View Full Version : Trying Brian

golfer
04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
There were a bunch from yesterday (it seems the worse I do, the more tough trip horses I notice:( ).. but We'll start with Trying Brian from the 8th yesterday at Gulfstream. In the not so capable hands of Ariel Smith, (I will synopsize from here, you can see for yourselves)breaking from the 12 post, got out well, then proceeded to drop back while basically 12 wide... then moves up to be closer to the leaders, under wraps still 5 to 6 wide...continues to stay in that position through the turn, then lugs in and drops back again as the eventual winner passes on the outside, finally, when you thought that nightmare trip had done him in, he re-rallies (while all over the track), and manages to lose by a diminishing length.

the_fat_man
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
oh yeah

Benevolus
05-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Trying Bryan is now in the Margolis barn. I think you can expect a major upgrade with the rider. He is a bit of a monster but I wouldn't be surprised if he won next out for fun.

golfer
05-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't have the TG fig from his 2nd race, but I believe he ran an 8 debut, the 2nd one should be similar... definitely one to keep an eye on. Thanks for the information.

golfer
05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Was waiting for ML odds before posting this. Trying Brian is 8-1 ML, from post 8. Romans 1 horse, Dr Googles Boogles is the known competition (to me, anyway), although he's been scratched a few times recently, for some reason. Anybody know 1st time Margolis stats?

JJP
05-23-2007, 08:54 PM
The DRF has him at 16% thru 57 starts (ROI $1.62)

golfer
05-24-2007, 04:31 PM
No excuses today, other than being 4 to 6 wide the entire race.. drew even with winner at the top of the stretch, but couldn't go by, tired late. I wonder what the 2nd time Margolis statistics are?:mad:

golfer
06-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Back Saturday at Churchill... last chance;)

golfer
06-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Get's the job done today, thankfully, although went from 7-2 down to 2-1 as the race was starting. Oh well...

Benevolus
08-10-2007, 05:05 PM
You can get him again tomorrow. Looks like a winner in the 3rd at Monmouth.

golfer
08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I missed his last race at Monmouth, did you happen to catch it? I know he finished mid-pack.

Benevolus
08-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I missed his last race at Monmouth, did you happen to catch it? I know he finished mid-pack.

Margolis ran him on the turf for some strange reason. Didn't like it at all. 6f on the dirt is going to be his best distance. Not a gimme tomorrow, but atleast he should pay 5-2 or around there.

golfer
08-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Margolis ran him on the turf for some strange reason. Didn't like it at all. 6f on the dirt is going to be his best distance. Not a gimme tomorrow, but atleast he should pay 5-2 or around there.
I agree. His sprint efforts at Gulfstream were eye-catching. His route efforts at CD, including his maiden breaker, were visually less impressive.
I'm in tomorrow!:)

golfer
08-11-2007, 07:08 PM
First off, I CERTAINLY couldn't play him at the absurd price of 3-5! That said, the ride by Bridgemohan was less than stellar, initially joining the speed duel while 3 wide, then backing off, and then letting Bravo get the jump on him, only to lose by a nose. Ariel Smith revisited:mad:

Benevolus
08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
First off, I CERTAINLY couldn't play him at the absurd price of 3-5! That said, the ride by Bridgemohan was less than stellar, initially joining the speed duel while 3 wide, then backing off, and then letting Bravo get the jump on him, only to lose by a nose. Ariel Smith revisited:mad:

I didn't bet him either. 2-1 or better of nothing for me. He probably is a bit overrated. The horse in the Margolis barn that is on a tear is Marina Ballerina. She is putting up some incredible times on dirt and turf.