PDA

View Full Version : Early Belmont Selections

munster705
05-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I am leaning towards Deputy Glitters at a price simply because I think that top to bottom this might be the worst field talent-wise in a Triple Crown race that I can remember. I like this horse for 2 main reasons. One, he'll have the best jockey around on board in Prado and two, he can run forever which is soemthing that prevails in the Belmont

KonaNative
05-30-2006, 09:24 PM
I am leaning towards Deputy Glitters at a price simply because I think that top to bottom this might be the worst field talent-wise in a Triple Crown race that I can remember. I like this horse for 2 main reasons. One, he'll have the best jockey around on board in Prado and two, he can run forever which is soemthing that prevails in the Belmont
Yes he can run all day..yet he cant seem to run faster than the majority of the horses he has faced. Prado is good but I doubt he can get DG to the wire first.

1st_Saturday_in_May
05-30-2006, 09:37 PM
I liked the Deputy a lot more before Prado got on actually. He was already front page on DRF.com (yesterday) and with Edgar up the odds will be lower than they should be. If the price is right I'll still take a chance, but that is looking less and less likely.

munster705
05-31-2006, 10:57 AM
I liked the Deputy a lot more before Prado got on actually. He was already front page on DRF.com (yesterday) and with Edgar up the odds will be lower than they should be. If the price is right I'll still take a chance, but that is looking less and less likely.

He'll be at least 20-1 IMO, who do you guys see as the favorite here? Maybe Bluegrass Cat?

Cajungator26
05-31-2006, 10:59 AM
He'll be at least 20-1 IMO, who do you guys see as the favorite here? Maybe Bluegrass Cat?

I would venture to say Bluegrass Cat and Sunriver.

Hoisttheflag
05-31-2006, 11:17 AM
If SNS doesn't go, I will take the grandson of Belmont winner Conquistador Cielo, High Finance. Two of his three loses were to Bernardini and Showing Up and he is coming off a sub 135 mile over the Belmont Track.