PDA

View Full Version : JP96...FBL trade

somerfrost
06-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Check out the accusations from Papa on the ESPN board and at the league site...this is why I'm sometimes reluctant to make trades...you have no idea how often I hear from him that this manager or that manager is cheating...this time he accuses me of same. I knew this was coming but just wanted to point out to you some of the crap I deal with in every league he's part of...I will NOT reverse the trade, he can pound sand!

Buffymommy
06-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Check out the accusations from Papa on the ESPN board and at the league site...this is why I'm sometimes reluctant to make trades...you have no idea how often I hear from him that this manager or that manager is cheating...this time he accuses me of same. I knew this was coming but just wanted to point out to you some of the crap I deal with in every league he's part of...I will NOT reverse the trade, he can pound sand!

Papa cheats in my opinion so let him pound sand Somer!

jp96stang
06-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Somer,

He's just pissed because we couldn't reach a deal for Arod a couple of weeks ago. He wanted to make a very oneside trade and wouldn't budge. He want Arod and Webb for Soriano and then gave me a line of BS about how that is agood deal for me. lol He's a freak'n donkey.

Time will tell how "good" this trade is for you or I. All I know is that i feel like i improved at 2 positions, so let them complain. The Fantasy leagues are much more entertaining when deals can be reached. I'm not done offering deals so.........................

somerfrost
06-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Somer,

He's just pissed because we couldn't reach a deal for Arod a couple of weeks ago. He wanted to make a very oneside trade and wouldn't budge. He want Arod and Webb for Soriano and then gave me a line of BS about how that is agood deal for me. lol He's a freak'n donkey.

Time will tell how "good" this trade is for you or I. All I know is that i feel like i improved at 2 positions, so let them complain. The Fantasy leagues are much more entertaining when deals can be reached. I'm not done offering deals so.........................

I agree! I will delete his posts if he keeps making accusations and if necessary, I'll lock his team and really give him something to cry about! This happens in every league he's in...the first year I played fantasy sports, I was in a football league and he was commish...SCC and I agreed to a trade but SCC was out of town and had "accepted" a deal for the same player from Papa. Chris told me to just tell Papa to void that deal but when I did Papa refused and said since Chris wasn't around, he was taking the player...the next week, the player papa got went on the DL...lol! I did some checking here...Papa himself admits to offering you Pierre and Soriano for Webb and A-Rod. Wells and Lidge are clearly the better deal!! Wells is out-performing Soriano in 7-10 catagories, Pierre is a one catagory player and his 24 steals wouldn't really help you with your speed while his .243 average, 11 rbi's, and 0 dingers would make it hard to start him. Lidge had a horrible start and ballooned to a 6.94 era but since then he's lowered to 4.67 and has 19 saves and 50k's in 34.2 innings. He has converted his last 8 saves, last blown save was May 5th. At the start of the season most "experts" ranked him second behind the Yankee closer coming off his 42 save/2.29 era last season! Clearly this is a vastly better deal yet Papa cries...

somerfrost
06-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Jp96,
Who else are you thinking of moving? I love the kid you have at SS and I really need speed but I'm locked in at SS.

jp96stang
06-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Jp96,
Who else are you thinking of moving? I love the kid you have at SS and I really need speed but I'm locked in at SS.

If you need speed, then i may consider something for my 2B, Figgins. He has speed. at this point i don't see me dealing Reyes. He's good in too many catagories for me to deal right now and still has up side.

somerfrost
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
If you need speed, then i may consider something for my 2B, Figgins. He has speed. at this point i don't see me dealing Reyes. He's good in too many catagories for me to deal right now and still has up side.

I agree, he's having a great year! I see Mark had to take a shot at our trade due to Lidge getting bombed last night...still, he's been pitching well the last couple of months. Anyway...make me an offer for Figgins if you want...don't really like him a lot (pretty much like Papa's Pierre) but he does have speed and I could move him around. if I did trade you for Reyes, it would have to include Tejada and I don't know how we'd work that....

jp96stang
06-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree, he's having a great year! I see Mark had to take a shot at our trade due to Lidge getting bombed last night...still, he's been pitching well the last couple of months. Anyway...make me an offer for Figgins if you want...don't really like him a lot (pretty much like Papa's Pierre) but he does have speed and I could move him around. if I did trade you for Reyes, it would have to include Tejada and I don't know how we'd work that....

Do you want to go Reyes for Tejada straight up?

somerfrost
06-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Do you want to go Reyes for Tejada straight up?

Boy, that's a tough one...hate giving up the rbi's and hr's at ss but need the speed...will Reyes continue to perform this well? What the heck...offer made!

Buffymommy
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
You guys have become trading fools. Hee hee. Good luck guys!

P.S. Atleast Ballerz passed Papa this week! I am catching up to papa! Let's see if I can make a comeback on him. My goal is to make the playoffs. Seriously doubt I could ever win, but I want to make the playoffs.

My hubby recommended that I drop one Atl pitcher for the other yesterday, so I took his advise. I may have to hurt him, but we shall see!

somerfrost
06-27-2006, 03:43 PM
You guys have become trading fools. Hee hee. Good luck guys!

P.S. Atleast Ballerz passed Papa this week! I am catching up to papa! Let's see if I can make a comeback on him. My goal is to make the playoffs. Seriously doubt I could ever win, but I want to make the playoffs.

My hubby recommended that I drop one Atl pitcher for the other yesterday, so I took his advise. I may have to hurt him, but we shall see!

Well, the way Atlanta is going, one might drop all their pitchers...lol! I enjoy trading as long as someone doesn't try to con me...hate folks who assume they know so much more than me. My team was going nowhere so I feel I need to make some changes...maybe I'll get better and maybe worse but gotta try! If JP accepts this deal, I'll probably put it through right away...I always have processed trades asap but of course, if I do, we'll hear from Papa. Somehow I'll be cheating again...

Buffymommy
06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, the way Atlanta is going, one might drop all their pitchers...lol! I enjoy trading as long as someone doesn't try to con me...hate folks who assume they know so much more than me. My team was going nowhere so I feel I need to make some changes...maybe I'll get better and maybe worse but gotta try! If JP accepts this deal, I'll probably put it through right away...I always have processed trades asap but of course, if I do, we'll hear from Papa. Somehow I'll be cheating again...

Then you say to papa "hey kettle, it's pot. Guess what! You're Black!"

somerfrost
06-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Then you say to papa "hey kettle, it's pot. Guess what! You're Black!"

Oh god no...then he'd be running around calling me a racist! He called me that when I was openly critical of many Arab leaders...then I broke the news to him that I'm 25% Arab...didn't stop him though!

Buffymommy
06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Oh god no...then he'd be running around calling me a racist! He called me that when I was openly critical of many Arab leaders...then I broke the news to him that I'm 25% Arab...didn't stop him though!

Papa would make a mountain out of a molehill.

P.S. I was reading on the Braves website about that pitcher my hubby told me to pick up. Hmmm.... Holding judgment on him until I see how he pitches on Friday. They are saying he is the next Glavine. He has to prove it to me first.

somerfrost
06-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Papa would make a mountain out of a molehill.

P.S. I was reading on the Braves website about that pitcher my hubby told me to pick up. Hmmm.... Holding judgment on him until I see how he pitches on Friday. They are saying he is the next Glavine. He has to prove it to me first.

Well, if he's close to that good you made an excellent pickup! We made the Reyes trade, no outbursts yet...lol!

Buffymommy
06-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Well, if he's close to that good you made an excellent pickup! We made the Reyes trade, no outbursts yet...lol!

Ya but the dude I dropped someone should pick up. He got a nice win last night to the Spankies opps I mean the Yankees. :p Lets see on Friday (when Chuckie is pitching is his first game for me) if I am going to beat my husband or if he gets a back massage.

Oh I will have to keep a lookout for any outbursts. I keep waiting for him to yell at me, but so far I guess he just ignores me. That is OK too.

Crown@club
06-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Buffy,

Your husband gave you a good comparison there. He's not much for K's. But he does very well elsewhere, and considered one of the top prospects at least for Atlanta.

Buffymommy
06-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Buffy,

Your husband gave you a good comparison there. He's not much for K's. But he does very well elsewhere, and considered one of the top prospects at least for Atlanta.

My husband didn't make the comparison to him and Glavine, it was in the article I read about Chuck. I have hopes.

Read that they took away the one earned run that he had against him in his first game this past Sunday. Looks impressive so far, but now that I have him watch him poop out on me.

Crown@club
06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
"My husband didn't make the comparison to him and Glavine, it was in the article I read about Chuck. I have hopes."

I probably wrote it.

"Read that they took away the one earned run that he had against him in his first game this past Sunday. Looks impressive so far, but now that I have him watch him poop out on me."

I hope not

Buffymommy
06-28-2006, 10:12 AM
"My husband didn't make the comparison to him and Glavine, it was in the article I read about Chuck. I have hopes."

I probably wrote it.

"Read that they took away the one earned run that he had against him in his first game this past Sunday. Looks impressive so far, but now that I have him watch him poop out on me."

I hope not

You write about b-ball? That is soooo cool! I read it on the braves website.

I hope he doesn't poop out on me either. I would hate to see my husband get a can of whoop azz! :)

Funny thing yesterday? Here I have been waiting for Derek Lee to come back. First two days I don't play him to give him time. He hits the ball. I put him in and LaRoache on the bench. Fricken Adam whacks a homer. Those are the breaks though. If only my chicken bones worked for b-ball.

Crown@club
06-28-2006, 10:48 AM
As a second job/hobby really, I write short excerpts for a couple of roto-websites about players involved in Baseball and Football. Right now its only small time though. Fantasy Sports is huge these days. I just hope MLB does not get involved with this. EVER!