PDA

View Full Version : Saturday @ Arlington

miraja2
06-24-2006, 07:03 AM
It looks like a nice card today with the 6 state-bred stakes races. I think I might head out there.
My pick for the day comes in the Springfield Stakes (4th race) I like the 3 horse (Wildwood Hat Trick) at ML odds of 9/2.

Scav
06-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Its an insane day at Arlington, should be great racing. That being said, in my experience, short price horses will win today, with bombs coming in the other spots. The horse I think that has a huge shot is Albata, don't think she can beat Original Spin, but Rivelli is pretty smart and obviously claimed this horse for this exact reason, he doesn't dip in for 50k all the time either. good works recently also....I expect her to run huge, but not beat Orginial Spin

SCUDSBROTHER
06-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I notice in the past performances that turf raters (who win at Hawthorne by 2 or 3 lengths) often can't get up at Arlington,or they get up by a head,or a neck(against the same horses they beat handily at Hawthorne.)Take for instance that Lighthouse horse running today.He can win,but it may only be by a nose.If they ran it today at Hawthorne,he could drawoff.They run downhill in the Arlington stretch?

miraja2
06-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Do you think anybody has a shot against Fort Prado in the 8th?

Scav
06-24-2006, 09:54 AM
shorter stretch compared to Hawthorne, ALSO, the turns are tighter at Hawthorne also.....speed tends to hold alot better there then at Arlington

what is going on in Cali?

dellinger63
06-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Scuds
You are correct. Looks chalky today. If Taylor wins the 5th look for a huge celebration in the winner's circle and pull up an extra Miller truck. Leaving for Arl now.

Scav
06-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Do you think anybody has a shot against Fort Prado in the 8th?

No....Races 4 and 6 are where your prices are going to come from today. I think Fort Prado, Orginial Spin, and Pretty Jenny are going to win convincingly. Orginial Spin is going to dust this field, I love the fact that Rich Fantasy is here, along with some other money burners becuase I think you might get 8/5 on OS, which IMO is a steal.

Just See James at 10/1 is a steal but I am thinking you will get closer to half that come race time

Scav
06-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Scuds
You are correct. Looks chalky today. If Taylor wins the 5th look for a huge celebration in the winner's circle and pull up an extra Miller truck. Leaving for Arl now.

Pretty Jenny is going to get the perfect trip....I just heard that Emigh is off all mounts again today? that could mean a huge day for Torres..

SCUDSBROTHER
06-24-2006, 11:03 AM
"what is going on in Cali?"-Scavs

There is a lot of tooling going on out here.A whole lot going on with these Bob Bone horses.You see that 40k maiden claimer(that couldn't break 1:11) wake up and beat the dropping Mandella horse in 1:10'1? There is "something " going on out here.Then Bob Bone's Sea Harbour draws off "midstretch" in a 5 1/2 f race.The horse who couldn't quite get up at 6 1/2 turns into a Los Al 4 1/2f sprinter type now? If Bone gives his horses peppermints,then Scud sure wants just one of them.

Scav
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
"what is going on in Cali?"-Scavs

There is a lot of tooling going on out here.A whole lot going on with these Bob Bone horses.You see that 40k maiden claimer(that couldn't break 1:11) wake up and beat the dropping Mandella horse in 1:10'1? There is "something " going on out here.Then Bob Bone's Sea Harbour draws off "midstretch" in a 5 1/2 f race.The horse who couldn't quite get up at 6 1/2 turns into a Los Al 4 1/2f sprinter type now? If Bone gives his horses peppermints,then Scud sure wants just one of them.

Wonder how they taste?

Take a look at Albata and Just See James today at Arlington? Not sure but they are decent ML's and are playable in the pick threes/fours

SCUDSBROTHER
06-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Wonder how they taste?

Take a look at Albata and Just See James today at Arlington? Not sure but they are decent ML's and are playable in the pick threes/fours

Yea,I wanted to ask you why this J S JAMES didn't win this race last year? Bounced? Came back from the 40k handicap win too soon? Give me something.

Scav
06-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Yea,I wanted to ask you why this J S JAMES didn't win this race last year? Bounced? Came back from the 40k handicap win too soon? Give me something.

Connections are pretty weak IMO. Turner is a decent trainer but doesn't get the head.....That day he was like 15/1 ML and got bet down to 6/1. Horse always takes action because when he scored once at huge odds at Arlington and people don't forgot that around here. Also that was his 2nd start off a 9 month layoff, that first race off the layoff obviously took alot out of him. That last work is what really is singaling to me that he is locked and loaded and with High Expectations in this race, might get decent odds on this horse. Meier is starting to get his grove back riding wise, he has been dinged up pretty good recently but I think he is healthy again, starting to get stock.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-24-2006, 11:46 AM
time of 1st race last nite at the Wood(MCL40K)....1:10:24

time of the 4th race that Adance won impressively....1:10:09

Troy Bainum claimed the "2nd place" horse of Mandella's for 40k.Obviously can win any 40k claimer they would like to win(that is as long as Bone doesn't have a horse in there that appears to be slow.)This Espresso horse only lost a straight maiden race by 1 3/4 length.They should just keep running in straight maiden races(getting checks for 12k for running 2nd,and 6,or 7k for running 3rd.)