PDA

View Full Version : Opening day at The Spa...

ARyan
06-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Who will be there? Should we set a meeting up?

johnny pinwheel
06-28-2006, 08:53 AM
i'll be there , havn't missed one in years. i love that place.:)

Downthestretch55
06-28-2006, 11:12 AM
It should be another great meet.
I'll be there as well.
http://www.nyra.com/belmont/second.aspx?track=B&id=2106

Kasept
06-29-2006, 06:48 AM
I'm going to try to make there it too...

Storm Cadet
06-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Kasept..TRY to make it there?...who runs the BBQ while your gone?

The best is watching you trying to read the sheets with the meat temperature probe sticking out of the shirt...see ya soon!:D

Gander
06-29-2006, 06:00 PM
If anybody is available early for the workouts on Wed (Opening Day), let me know. I will most definetely be there with my wife and would love to meet people.

dellinger63
06-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Want to meet as many as possible that post here and will definately make it for a week this year, though not opening day. Looks like last week of August at this point.

TheSpyder
07-01-2006, 06:13 AM
If you're going for the early workouts in the morning, which by the way is to me one of the highlights of the Spa, have Mary Ryan make an announcement to gather anyone from the DerbyTrail forum. She's always trackside with comentary on the horses working out.

Capeesh?

johnny pinwheel
07-05-2006, 08:14 AM
i basically "live" at the paddock. i like to see them walk to the track. so i stand against the white fence between the paddock and the track entrance.

TheSpyder
07-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Agree...for me the best spot is the small bar next to the fence right behind the dinning room. You can get to the paddock, windows, finish line and don't have to spend a fourtune to have a seat. Got some great pictures as the horses come out. It's also where you walk accross to the tent so great view. And in a pinch you can take the stairs to the box seats and watch from the back standing up. Great view!!

One great tip on morning workouts is to walk up to the third floor dining room and look around. It just smells of history and if you're bold you can walk into the press box etc. Man I love that place and most likely will not get there this year.

Anyone go to Harvey Packs seminars at Siros in the morning?? He's a trip and you got to go if you're there!!

johnny pinwheel
07-07-2006, 06:41 AM
yeah , harveys still around. i love it there too. for me its like a holiday. i think its one of the main reasons i've stuck around this area so long! if you love horse racing its christmas in july !

blackthroatedwind
07-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Anyone go to Harvey Packs seminars at Siros in the morning?? He's a trip and you got to go if you're there!!

Harvey will be there this year. We have pretty much finished the schedule and it looks pretty similar to last year. Steve will be on Opening Day and most weekends ( save the last week ). I will be on about 4 to 5 days a week.