PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lake

2MinsToPost
05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok, so I am chilling out today after a short day at work and pushing some money thru the windows betting Deleware. Now, I get into this "heated" converstaion with this cat talkin smack about Scott Lake. He throws out that the only reason that he is not entering many horses in the New York circuit is because he can't get away with the cheating he does elsewhere.

Now, I know an apple from an orange but I don't know enough about this subject to speak half way intelligently. So, in my usual coy sense of humor I respond - "As long as I am cashing with his horses let the cards fall as they may". This guy took me way to serious. He went awol.

Anyways, whats the deal with Scott Lake, in particular, why is he SMOKING hot at Deleware?

oracle80
05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok, so I am chilling out today after a short day at work and pushing some money thru the windows betting Deleware. Now, I get into this "heated" converstaion with this cat talkin smack about Scott Lake. He throws out that the only reason that he is not entering many horses in the New York circuit is because he can't get away with the cheating he does elsewhere.

Now, I know an apple from an orange but I don't know enough about this subject to speak half way intelligently. So, in my usual coy sense of humor I respond - "As long as I am cashing with his horses let the cards fall as they may". This guy took me way to serious. He went awol.

Anyways, whats the deal with Scott Lake, in particular, why is he SMOKING hot at Deleware?

No comment

2MinsToPost
05-30-2006, 05:52 PM
No comment

I believe I understand

Gauchos0522
05-30-2006, 06:02 PM
I live about 20 mins form Del Park and always throw some money there on the weekends. If Lake has a horse 1st off the claim no matter how much it steps up or how bad it has looked in its last couple starts the horse will run a career top or close to it and always be 5/2 or less. I believe his number of starters in NY has gone down about 70% since the detention barns too.

PSH
05-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Scott is a very high percentage trainer and one who is suspected of not playing by the rules....

His horses have a trend of moving up significantly after a claim and often have a couple of good races in them before they regress. He had a good sprinter who came in second in the Breeders Cup a few years ago at long odds that ended up breaking down....

I have heard from second hand knowledge that one of his horses that was sent to a friend of mine stated that the horse was a mess physically.

Yes, you can cash with Scott just like with any trainer but buyer beware...

packerbacker7964
05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I've also noted that Horse's that Lake have claimed are usually taken right back from him. I've also seen that when he keeps a horse for a while Dutrow,Ritchey and Pino don't claim them back after a few races. It's like they're afraid to claim after a few races. Hey O I was wondering who all knows if a horse is going to claimed before the race? Most of the time the horse wins or is 2nd everytime. I'd like to know this before the race why don't they let the public know this? Help me out Bro!!!!!!

oracle80
05-30-2006, 07:58 PM
I've also noted that Horse's that Lake have claimed are usually taken right back from him. I've also seen that when he keeps a horse for a while Dutrow,Ritchey and Pino don't claim them back after a few races. It's like they're afraid to claim after a few races. Hey O I was wondering who all knows if a horse is going to claimed before the race? Most of the time the horse wins or is 2nd everytime. I'd like to know this before the race why don't they let the public know this? Help me out Bro!!!!!!

Word gets around. But they won't announce it.

Thoroughbred Fan
05-30-2006, 11:31 PM
First of all, raise your hand if you know Lake is a cheater. Oracle defends Dutrow to the end of the universe and back. Well here is someone saying maybe Lake is doing roughly the same amount of suspect things.

Secondly, horses who get claimed don't always finish first or second. However, when they do it is normally because good horsemen have looked at the sheets and determined the horse is worth taking at today's level.

I wish there were more trainers like Lake and Dutrow. Horsemen/women who can spot a mismanaged/poorly trained horse they can improve. Then, they go and do it. Give the claiming owners hope. The rich folks will always breed great horses and have no reason to stop. But the small guy lives and dies with the trainers who are always under suspicion.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 06:07 AM
First of all, raise your hand if you know Lake is a cheater. Oracle defends Dutrow to the end of the universe and back. Well here is someone saying maybe Lake is doing roughly the same amount of suspect things.

Secondly, horses who get claimed don't always finish first or second. However, when they do it is normally because good horsemen have looked at the sheets and determined the horse is worth taking at today's level.

I wish there were more trainers like Lake and Dutrow. Horsemen/women who can spot a mismanaged/poorly trained horse they can improve. Then, they go and do it. Give the claiming owners hope. The rich folks will always breed great horses and have no reason to stop. But the small guy lives and dies with the trainers who are always under suspicion.

I can see we have a person posting here who thinks he knows a lot about the sport who in fact doesn't. You need scholing.
Lemme ask you a question Hoisttheflag, ok? A simple review of Dutrows winning percentage at all tracks he reaces at during a year will find y9ou roughly the same winning % at all tracks, give or take a few points.
This shows(to me) that the performance of his horses does not vary despite whatever different testing procedures or LACK of testing that any state has.

Now lets ask you this, why would a guy be embarassingly low % in a stae like Ny that has a detention barn, and super white hot at places like Philly and Delaware? Places that trainers have long suspected dont even test the urine that they they take? Places that dont have much of a budget to spend on testing?
YOu wnna bash Dutrow, go ahead. Last time I checked chump he had won the BCC, BC Sprint, Met Mile, Ashland, Suburban, Donn, all within the last year. Those are all grade ones.
Just answer my question if you can, how does a guy perform at less than a 10% efficiency rate at one place(and dont try the class level stuff, the same horses ship to Ny and run on the drop down or at the same level and cant get a sniff) and take a short drive down the road and win everything in site?
Good luck.

Byebyemermaid
05-31-2006, 06:48 AM
Word somehow does get around,but in harness racing the public is told which horses there are claims in for.