PDA

View Full Version : The boards Fan. Baseball league

jp96stang
06-23-2006, 01:34 PM
is a f'n joke!! I've tried and tried to make trades to improve my team but no one wants to play the game. It's just who ever you were lucky enough to draft and who ever picks up the best trash players out of the depleted free agent list. It's stupid and I won't play in the fan. baseball league again.

Example of the trade i proposed that got reject: There are numerous other rejects like this one

Hey jp96stang,
This trade has been rejected in ESPN Horse Board I (51450).

JPSLUGGERS Un-named team
A. Rod. A. Pujols
B. Inge
K. Mench
D. Willis
B. Webb
C. Park

If this trade couldn't be made, then no trade will ever be made in that league. Like i said there are many other offers this uneven that have been rejected. What a joke!!

Buffymommy
06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
but you are still beating me this week dude....

There is a bright side. :)

somerfrost
06-23-2006, 01:48 PM
is a f'n joke!! I've tried and tried to make trades to improve my team but no one wants to play the game. It's just who ever you were lucky enough to draft and who ever picks up the best trash players out of the depleted free agent list. It's stupid and I won't play in the fan. baseball league again.

Example of the trade i proposed that got reject: There are numerous other rejects like this one

Hey jp96stang,
This trade has been rejected in ESPN Horse Board I (51450).

JPSLUGGERS Un-named team
A. Rod. A. Pujols
B. Inge
K. Mench
D. Willis
B. Webb
C. Park

If this trade couldn't be made, then no trade will ever be made in that league. Like i said there are many other offers this uneven that have been rejected. What a joke!!

You expect that kind of trade to be accepted? 6 for 1??? If you made me that offer, I'd reject it also, what am I suppose to do to create 5 slots?? I'm always open to fair trades that benefit both teams, but I have no desire to be a human garbage pail! Anybody who thinks the way to win a decent fantasy league is to con other managers into making one way trades gets no sympathy from me...you win these leagues by picking up the right free agents and playing the game day to day!

jp96stang
06-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I know Buff, but as Kent would say......that's not my point. lol

I get frustrated by not being able to "play" the game like it was meant to be played. There are too many teams in the league for one thing, so the free agency pool sucks, so if no one will make a trade you are left with the team you drafted for the most part. Tell me that trade I posted wasn't one sided in the other teams favor. Like i said, that's not the first one.

somerfrost
06-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Plenty of quality free agents, you just have to look for them! Make me an offer with A-Rod...

jp96stang
06-23-2006, 02:01 PM
You expect that kind of trade to be accepted? 6 for 1??? If you made me that offer, I'd reject it also, what am I suppose to do to create 5 slots?? I'm always open to fair trades that benefit both teams, but I have no desire to be a human garbage pail! Anybody who thinks the way to win a decent fantasy league is to con other managers into making one way trades gets no sympathy from me...you win these leagues by picking up the right free agents and playing the game day to day!

Don't give me that s hit!!!!!!!! Every single one of those players would improve his team either in the starting line up or off the bench!!!!!! I'm making his team better in numerous different positons for one player. so go look at the stats of the players involved before spout off about this 6 to 1 BS!! LOOK AT THE PLAYERS INVOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jp96stang
06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Plenty of quality free agents, you just have to look for them! Make me an offer with A-Rod...

I'll take a look.

somerfrost
06-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Don't give me that s hit!!!!!!!! Every single one of those players would improve his team either in the starting line up or off the bench!!!!!! I'm making his team better in numerous different positons for one player. so go look at the stats of the players involved before spout off about this 6 to 1 BS!! LOOK AT THE PLAYERS INVOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did look...the only one of those players I'd keep would be Webb! Again, their stats are no better than most of the first page of free agents...my biggest problem is getting rid of players to make room, I'd never dump 5 of my players! If you want to make trades, you have to offer fairly even numbers...1:1, 2:2, 2:1...

Buffymommy
06-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey, I found J. Julio on the second page of pitchers in the free agents. He wasn't a bad pick up for me.

Now if I could just friggen get my 1st baseman back....

I understand what you are saying jp, but like I said, ya still beating me... MY HITTING SUCKS THE GOAT BOOTY!

somerfrost
06-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I did look...the only one of those players I'd keep would be Webb! Again, their stats are no better than most of the first page of free agents...my biggest problem is getting rid of players to make room, I'd never dump 5 of my players! If you want to make trades, you have to offer fairly even numbers...1:1, 2:2, 2:1...

Inge....221 BA, 15/41
Mench...284 BA, 11/41
Willis...4-6, 4.19, 1.41
Park...5-3, 4.15, 1.27

I can find players with better numbers in free agency, Mench could help some folks otherwise...

Buffymommy
06-23-2006, 02:23 PM
And just so ya know I am still angry that you can bench your entire team and still win. Doesn't make sense to me, but those are the rules. Gotta live with them. I just do the best I can.

Make lots of trades with your lower based players jp. LIke pick up some lower based players that may be getting on a hot streak, (Like I did with Julio). Then drop them as they start to slope off and pick up another newbie. Just a suggestion.

Buffymommy
06-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Inge....221 BA, 15/41
Mench...284 BA, 11/41
Willis...4-6, 4.19, 1.41
Park...5-3, 4.15, 1.27

I can find players with better numbers in free agency, Mench could help some folks otherwise...

Just guessing here because I don't follow most of the guys I don't have on my team, but isn't Willis getting hot right now?

jp96stang
06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Offer made.

I understand your point, but i still disagree. the team that i proposed this to could have used those players and improved in numerous catagories. My rant is over. lol Maybe someone will deal now.

Every one remember that there are counter offers. Don't just reject and move on. Where is Monty Hall when you need him?

jp96stang
06-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Just guessing here because I don't follow most of the guys I don't have on my team, but isn't Willis getting hot right now?

Exactly Buff!! the stats don't tell the entire story.

Buffymommy
06-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Exactly Buff!! the stats don't tell the entire story.

See I pay attention to my husband when he talks... :)

somerfrost
06-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Offer made.

I understand your point, but i still disagree. the team that i proposed this to could have used those players and improved in numerous catagories. My rant is over. lol Maybe someone will deal now.

Every one remember that there are counter offers. Don't just reject and move on. Where is Monty Hall when you need him?

Offer accepted...Lidge is finally coming around but I still like it! I can use Matthews in CF. I'll leave it up until after midnight in case anyone wants to complain but otherwise I'll put it through before morning!

Buffymommy
06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Offer accepted...Lidge is finally coming around but I still like it! I can use Matthews in CF. I'll leave it up until after midnight in case anyone wants to complain but otherwise I'll put it through before morning!

ohhhhhh i am complaining....

Just kidding! Everything better now?

jp96stang
06-23-2006, 03:53 PM
See how it works!! Don't be afraid to make a deal.

BTW that was Arod,B. Webb for V. Wells, B. Lidge

For the entire season I have 0 saves, so this should help.

I have starting pitching available for an outfielder..........anyone.....anyone

somerfrost
06-23-2006, 04:30 PM
See how it works!! Don't be afraid to make a deal.

BTW that was Arod,B. Webb for V. Wells, B. Lidge

For the entire season I have 0 saves, so this should help.

I have starting pitching available for an outfielder..........anyone.....anyone

I need a base stealer!

somerfrost
06-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Only one objection thus far...still planning to put it through after midnight.