PDA

View Full Version : Calder on July 4th

Buffymommy
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Anyone going to be there? Trying to talk the hubby into going.

KonaNative
06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Anyone going to be there? Trying to talk the hubby into going. Not sure if I want to fight the traffic on I 95 or the Turnpike. Is there going to be some Stakes Races?

Buffymommy
06-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Not sure if I want to fight the traffic on I 95 or the Turnpike. Is there going to be some Stakes Races?

Not sure. Just haven't been there in a while. $1 BBQ sounds good to me. I don't feel like cooking and neither does the hubby.

KonaNative
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Not sure. Just haven't been there in a while. $1 BBQ sounds good to me. I don't feel like cooking and neither does the hubby.
The BBQ sounds good..Calder is about 30-45 minutes away from me. But it's 30-45 minutes with Mad Max. And he will be drunk on the way back! :eek:
I may just go to the PBKC instead. I'll let you know.

31lengths
06-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Not going then but will be there for the Summit of Speed of the 15th.
Look for the Derby Trail hat !.

Buffymommy
06-23-2006, 06:09 AM
I had sooooo planned on going to Calder on 7/15 but then I found out the next horse show at the barn is 7/16. That means 7/15 is spa day for Buck, haircut, shampoo, etc...

That is why I am thinking of going on 7/4.

KonaNative
07-01-2006, 10:21 PM
So Buffy are you going?
I'm heading to the Kennel Club. But I could change my plans.

Independent George
07-01-2006, 11:27 PM
C'mon Buff, we're all gonna be there.
:p

Buffymommy
07-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Can't afford to go now. Hubby got a fish hook caught in his hand this weekend. Trip to the ER to get it out. That is not cheap ya know! :) He is fine though, arm that he got the tetnus shot in hurts worse than the hand.

Spent my gambling money on the ER trip. Sorry guys.

31lengths
07-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Can't afford to go now. Hubby got a fish hook caught in his hand this weekend. Trip to the ER to get it out. That is not cheap ya know! :) He is fine though, arm that he got the tetnus shot in hurts worse than the hand.

Ow...hope all is well.

Maybe we'll see ya for the Summit of speed in 2 weeks or Festival of the sun in October.

Downthestretch55
07-02-2006, 09:05 PM

Buffy, hope all is ok.
I got myself with a fish hook once...
still hear from my fishing buds, "Remember the day you caught that BIG one?"
Yes, catching myself...embarassing.

Buffymommy
07-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Ow...hope all is well.

Maybe we'll see ya for the Summit of speed in 2 weeks or Festival of the sun in October.

He's fine. Just no extra cash laying around now. Funny thing was he kept joking with me last week before the show that he didn't want to end up in the ER with me if I fell off in my jumping class. Who would have thought Fishing would end him up in the ER?

I am going to miss the Summit of Speed in two weeks. Have a show the next day. Not sure about October. (I work the shows for the barn the day before helping set up, etc. and help tear down afterwards so my "show" weekends are pretty much booked solid.) Depending on when the Festival of the Sun is maybe I can make it. Life keeps getting in my way of making it to the track, but like I said, I would rather be riding horses than betting on them.