PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham Challenge

brockguy
03-12-2007, 10:00 AM
As it is the best festival in racing, there should be a competition here for the four days it's on (Tuesday - Friday).

here's an idea..
24 races, 6 per day..

One selection per race plus an alternative for non runners.. £10 win on each selection.. Select one nap each day and that horse has £20 win.. Winner gets a free nights accomodation in my house if they ever come over.....

you can get the selections from http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/a_days_racing.sd?r_date=2007-3-13&crs=CHL or http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/cheltenham2007/

Final decs are usually made around this time each day for the next day's racing.. Good Luck

Cajungator26
03-12-2007, 11:25 AM
As it is the best festival in racing, there should be a competition here for the four days it's on (Tuesday - Friday).

here's an idea..
24 races, 6 per day..

One selection per race plus an alternative for non runners.. £10 win on each selection.. Select one nap each day and that horse has £20 win.. Winner gets a free nights accomodation in my house if they ever come over.....

you can get the selections from http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/a_days_racing.sd?r_date=2007-3-13&crs=CHL or http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/cheltenham2007/

Final decs are usually made around this time each day for the next day's racing.. Good Luck

Are you hoping that a chick wins this? Haha :D

brockguy
03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
only thing I could afford to offer.... good prize though.. you get to see all the sights and sounds of this wonderful city, i may add in a few free drinks as well.. if a chick wins it.. so be it..;-)

Cajungator26
03-12-2007, 12:52 PM
only thing I could afford to offer.... good prize though.. you get to see all the sights and sounds of this wonderful city, i may add in a few free drinks as well.. if a chick wins it.. so be it..;-)

Just messin' with you. Sounds awesome... I've never been to Ireland. (Not like I'd win this contest, anyway. LOL)

brockguy
03-12-2007, 04:50 PM
will be a tricky day tomorrow with the ground being softer than usual, so i'll prob be limiting my losses and seeing how the ground rides for the next few days, but here goes.

2.00 Supreme Novices - TYSON alt Im So Lucky
2.35 Arkle - GOOD SPIRIT alt Another Promise
3.15 Champion Hurdle - HARDY EUSTACE (nap) alt Asian Maze
4.00 Willian Hill Chase - NEW ALCO alt Distant Thunder
4.40 Sporting Index Cross Country - HEAD ONTHE GROUND alt Silver Birch
5.20 fred Winter Hcap Hurdle - PANCAKE alt Shazand

Bigsmc
03-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I'll give it a whirl:

Supreme Novices Hurdle - Granit Jack alt. De Valira
Arkle Challenge - Don't Push It (nap) alt. Twist Magic
Champion Hurdle Challenge - Detroit City alt. Straw Bear
William Hill Trophy - Innox alt. Ballycassidy
Sporting Index Hcp Chase - Le Duc alt. Florida Dream
Juvenile Novices Hcp - Jayo alt. Junior

Thanks Brockguy.

GL all.

NoChanceToDance
03-12-2007, 05:48 PM
At last, i've managed to get my membership thing sorted. Thank you, all.

I might as well have a crack.

Supreme Novices: Granit Jack. alt, De Soto
Arkle: Another Promise. alt, Fair Along
Champion Hurdle: Hardy Eustace. alt, Straw Bear
William Hill Chase: Distant Thunder (NAP). alt, Rambling Minster
Sporting Index x-country: Star Performance. alt, Spot Thedifference
Fred Winter: Pouvoir. alt, Jayo

Sorry for the similar selections, Brockguy........ lets hope its a case of great minds think similarly!

NoChanceToDance
03-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm too quite keen on Silver Birch at an okay price....... is it me or has he been well supposrted lately?

brockguy
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
yeah he has. well in the weigths with spot, but much worse off with head..i like him though.. I have an incling that the Arkle will be a strange race.. i quietly fancy good spirit and another promise..

NoChanceToDance
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I REALLY fancy Another Promise, but my best mate looks after him at Ferdy's so i would have a biased view of the race.

I think we are in for several strange results this week. I think the ground will become tacky/dead, and we all know what happens when the ground gets like that. You can basically throw the form book out of the window.

I'd prefer it being heavy rather than tacky, but i think thats what we will get for the majority.

brockguy
03-12-2007, 06:02 PM
and the arkle has what at least 4-5 front runners in it?? I cant see Fair Along win it at all..

NoChanceToDance
03-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I still think Fair Along will get the lead. As i said to someone earlier today, ou can read the race from two different angles. He asked me "is it better to back a horse that stays further in this soft/dead ground". It depends which way you look at it. On one hand you could say yes, because it will take some getting probably and you don't want to be on something that might not get home in the ground.

BUT

On this sort of ground you might find that its hard to peg back something like Fair Along as its hard to make ground up that you have already lost of this ground and horses might not be able to close the gap as quickly as usual, especially for the stayers that might have not been able to go the early gallop.

Which is my main worry about Another promise, but i know the yard have fancied him in this for MONTHS and everything has gone to plan with him since Huntingdon. Apparently Graham said, that wasn't the normal horse at Huntingdon and he actually did well to win, he didn't give him the right feel. But he's fresh and well now.

brockguy
03-13-2007, 12:52 PM
After Day 1.. not a great day.. plenty of shocks..
Brockguy -35
Bigsmc -70
NoChanceToDance -70

I had only one winner, last two had Granit Jack who came 2nd and last named had Distant Thunder fail by two noses.. Hoping for much better tomorrow..

brockguy
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
here goes for day two.. need a good day today.

2.00 Ballymore Properties Hurdle - ARAN CONCERTO alt Imperial Commander
2.35 Sun Alliance Chase - UNGARO alt Knowhere
3.15 QM Champ Chase - WELL CHIEF (nap) alt River City
4.00 Coral Cup FINGER ONTHE PULSE alt Hills Of Aran
4.40 Kim Muir - LIBERTINE alt Lord Of Illusion
5.20 Bumper (my favourite race of the whole week!!) - DEN OF INIQUITY alt Berings Express

Bigsmc
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Ballymore Properties Novices Hurdle - My Turn Now alt. Aran Concerto
Royal & Sunalliance Chase - Snowy Morning alt. Ungaro
Queen Mother Champion Chase - Voy Por Ustedes alt. Well Chief
Coral Cup - Oscatello (nap) alt. Burntoakboy
Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap - Lord of Illusion alt. Parsons Legacy
Weatherbys Champion Bumper - Aranleigh alt. Judge Roy Bean

Hoping for a better day Wednesday.
Thanks Brockguy

NoChanceToDance
03-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I love the bumper, too.......... probably too much, hardest race of the week but my most ante post vouchers each year.oops.

Ballymore Properties: Aran Concerto (NAP), alt. Imperial Commander
RSA Chase: Cailin Alainn, alt. Dom D'orgeval
Champion Chase: Voy Por Ustedes, alt. Well Chief
Coral Cup: Nation State, alt. Royal Paradise
Kim Muir: Maletton, alt. Patricksnineteenth
Champion Bumper: One Gulp, alt. Just A Thought

Bigsmc
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Got one winner, albeit fairly short priced, today.

Jewson Novices' Hcp Chase - Aztec Warrior alt. King Revo
Ryanair Chase - Monet's Garden (nap) alt. Our Vic
Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Blazing Bailey alt. Natal
Racing Post Plate - Moncadou alt. Kill Devil Hills
National Hunt Chase - Miko de Beauchene alt. Blue Splash
Pertemps Final - His Nibs alt. Attorney General

Thanks Brockguy.
GL

brockguy
03-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Standings after day 2.

Bigsmc -80
NoChanceToDance -80
Brockguy -105

Damn Well Chief, I might have to change my banker to Whyso Mayo later on in the week.. Finger OnThe Pulse has summed up my week so far, he unseated his jock on the flat..

Ill have my selections in in the morning..

NoChanceToDance
03-14-2007, 05:52 PM
You know its bad when i see i'm in joint first on -80!!!!!!

Jewson Novices: King Revo (NAP), alt. Vic Venturi
Ryanair Chase: Monet's Garden, alt. Taranis
World Hurdle: Black Jack Ketchum, alt. Mighty Man
Racing Post Plate: Mariah Rollins, alt. Vodka Bleu
National Hunt Chase: Character Building, alt. Gungadu
Pertemps Final: Jockser, alt. Freetown

brockguy
03-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Thursday

Rasharrow alt KingRevo
Monet's Garden alt Thisthatandtother
Mighty Man alt Kasbah Bliss
Tikram alt Mariah Rollins
Character Building alt Ballytrim
Attorney General NAP alt Arrayou

brockguy
03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
bad day all round.. had a few close ones with Charcter Building (actually backed Countess @44-1 for place in that race!!) and Mighty Man..

After Day 3.
Bigsmc -150
NoChanceToDance -150
Brockguy -175

Can anyone of us end up positive for the meeting tomorrow??

NoChanceToDance
03-15-2007, 01:18 PM
This just gets worse!

I did back Mariah Rollins for a place today........ and i had Blazing Bailey to be placed, but overall i had a shocker.

Really thought BJK would have won today, but i never even got to find out whether his last run was just an 'off day' or whether it was just down to the ground.

Monet's disappointed, i think they will steer clear of Cheltenham from now on. He is better on a flat track and when not having to travel quite so far by the looks of it. Aintree should see a different horse.

Tomorrow looks just as hard!

NoChanceToDance
03-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Friday 16th March selections:

Triumph: Katchit, alt. Lounaos
Brit Insurance novice: Black Harry, alt. Wichita Lineman
Gold Cup: State Of Play, alt. Exotic Dancer
Foxhunters: Christy Beamish, alt. Honourable Spider
Grand Annual: Saintsaire (NAP), alt. Bambi De L'orme
County Hurdle: Osana, alt. Whispered Promises

Bigsmc
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Triumph Hurdle - Convincing alt. Katchit
Brit Insurance Novice's Hurdle - Wichita Lineman (nap) alt. Black Harry
Gold Cup - My Will alt. Kauto Star
Foxhunter Chase - Honourable Spider alt. Climate Control
Grand Annual Chase - Tysou alt. Kahuna
County Hcp Hurdle - Osana alt. Callow Lake

Thanks Brockguy
GL

brockguy
03-15-2007, 06:26 PM
looking to return positve for the meeting

2.00 Degas Art alt Lounaos
2.35 Air Force One alt Flight Leader
3.15 Neptune Collonges alt Turpin Green
4.00 Christy Beamish alt Climate Control
4.40 Zum See alt Greenhope
5.20 Crow Wood NAP alt Arcalis

Good Luck

NoChanceToDance
03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Now, Brockguy..... i was expecting Whyso Mayo to e your NAP today. I really like Christy Beamish and nearly made him the NAP for me today. A very good horse and connections think he is a star. Slight concern about the sticky ground though, however, as you have napped Crow Wood do you think the ground has genuinely dried up completely?

brockguy
03-16-2007, 03:28 PM
After the finale.. Look at those scores
NoChanceToDance -155 (Congratulations!!)

Bigsmc -172.5

Brockguy -245

not ones to be proud of, but was a very difficult cheltenham this year.. I had a rollercoaster of a ride this week.. My 4 bankers of the meet (Hardy Eustace, Well Chief, Monet's Garden and Whyso Mayo) were all beaten. That left me seriously behind... I backed 4 in the Racing Post plate and they came 1-2-3-4, insane. I was way behind today going into the last and threw alot of cash on five horses (probably the worst strategy to win money). I had Crow Wood, Arcalis, Kawango, New Field and Pedrobob. Thankfully Ouninpohja and Sweet Wake found nothing off the bridle as usual. Ended down a little, but could have been so much worse!

NoChanceToDance
03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't think i should be congratulated for that effort, but thanks anyway.

Katchit should have been my NAP, but i didn't want to put the mockers on that. Couldn't see it getting beaten today and i thought 6/1 was an insult to the horse who has done nothing wrong and was only defeated when trying to give 8lbs to Degas Art.

Backed Whyso Mayo today at the last moment, probably would have won if he hadn't landed flat footed over the last.

A very tough festival.

Last year i ploughed into Andreas in the grand annual, and this year left the horse well alone after he has flattered so many times before!!!!!!!!!

Bigsmc
03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Congrats NoChanceToDance!

Thanks brockguy, it was fun even though I missed out on the free night's accomodation.