PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Guillen went to a Madonna Concert

SCUDSBROTHER
06-21-2006, 07:53 PM
"Guillen also told Couch that he has gay friends, attends WNBA games, went to a Madonna concert and plans to go to the Gay Games in Chicago."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2494491

So funny.

Scurlogue Champ
06-22-2006, 12:27 AM
The headline on ESPN says "Guillen apologizes for racial slur"

Is "***" considered a racial slur now? I am gonna go to prison someday for sure....

You get crucified for anything these days. He should have just called Mariotti a bitch.

Scurlogue Champ
06-22-2006, 12:28 AM
They changed it now. I guess someone realized that homosexuals aren't considered a race.

oracle80
06-22-2006, 05:52 AM
They changed it now. I guess someone realized that homosexuals aren't considered a race.
No thats true, they aren't. I have nothing against them whatsoever other than they make me wanna vomit. But then again, so do half of Garrett Gomez's rides.

GPK
06-22-2006, 06:03 AM
No thats true, they aren't. I have nothing against them whatsoever other than they make me wanna vomit. But then again, so do half of Garrett Gomez's rides.

Even lesbians????:eek:

oracle80
06-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Even lesbians????:eek:
Kev yeah, I mean that stuff you see in X movies isnt reality. Have you taken a look at most lesbians? Yuch.

GPK
06-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Kev yeah, I mean that stuff you see in X movies isnt reality. Have you taken a look at most lesbians? Yuch.

*note to Mike...I caddied the LPGA tour...*:D :D

Gander
06-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Yes, Mike is right, most lesbos arent what they are made out to be in movies. They are mostly butchy man haters who scare me. Why cant everybody just be straight? LOL! Kidding, cakeboys help us straight guys have a better chance scoring with women. Less competition is always a good thing.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
please refer to sienfelds not that its wrong...also jay needs a beating like no other reporter...:cool:

JJP
06-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Ozzie is very smart baseball wise but not very bright about everything else. It seems like every time he talks, he shouldn't be. Its easy to overlook when you're winning; it might take a couple years but eventually he'll talk his way out of a job.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I simply don't understand somebody repeatedly writing something negative about a manager who led a team to a championship,and is almost for sure (at the very least) a Wild Card team in the playoffs again this year.Write about a fool like Grady that still leaves guys in until they have pitched their team out of the ballgame.

JJP
06-22-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm not trying to defend Mariotti, but point out some of Guillen's flaws. The article was about an incident involving a player on the White Sox getting hit by a pitch. Vazquez was pitching at the time and did not retaliate. Guillen replaced Vazquez with a rookie just up from the minors. The rookie, in either his first or second game, tried to hit a batter twice. On both pitches, the batter got out of the way. Guillen went crazy in the dugout, publicly humiliating the rookie. A totally classless move. He could've had Vazquez hit/knock down an opponent. Just because Vazquez is an established pitcher, he can't do that? Randy Johnson got tossed recently for hitting a player after Posada got hit. He wasn't above it. Mariotti (as did numerous other Chicago writers) ripped into Guillen and it was well deserved.

Scav
06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
I'll never be a White Sox fan, but I am most definitely a Ozzie Guillen fan....I would love to pound beers with him one night, I am positive it would be so comedy

SCUDSBROTHER
06-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Let me tell you something.This is no minor thing(not retaliating when a player is hit by another team's pitcher.)The whole way that players think of other teams(and whether they are comfortable batting against their pitchers )is determined in part by stuff like this.I will give you an example of this.When the Dodgers go to San Diego,or San Francisco,those players for those teams come to the plate like mad animals.There is not one ounce of fear in them.You know why? Grady etc. and the Dodger pitchers never take charge of the plate,and make those sons of btches stop leaning out over that plate. You can't get people out if you don't pitch inside,and yes..let a pitch get away from ya now and then.People don't realize that pitching inside is very,very important in keeping opposing hitters from being comfortable at the plate.Headhunting doesn't belong in the game,but pitching inside,and getting a guy hit in the backside is an important part of the game.

Scav
06-22-2006, 01:26 PM
You couldn't have said it better Scuds....I was a catcher in high school and we used to throw at people all the time, if it were needed, never headhunting though, right in the rear end or back where all the muscles/fat are....

JJP
06-22-2006, 02:06 PM
First off, why didn't Guillen have Vazquez retaliate? I guarantee you Vazquez made no friends on the team after that. And the rookie TRIED to hit two guys; they just avoided the pitch.

Scav
06-22-2006, 02:15 PM
It was bad throwing a rookie into that situation, but I look at it as throwing him in that situation gains him instant respect from others, which is sometimes hard to get from the elders

Gander
06-22-2006, 03:58 PM
I have a lot of difficulty understanding any word that comes out of his mouth. He speaks in jibberish, how can this possibly offend anyone?

SCUDSBROTHER
06-22-2006, 08:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2496753

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2496971